Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

these are impressive

Honestly yes it is. I was a little embarrassed about what the data looked like without mindset. It just goes to show how much our body wants to do what our mind visualizes.

This data is truly representative of what I’m seeing on the course too. A lot to be said for that.

We are both seeing gains with it. How critical long term do you think the logo will be for you?

I think the logo will be important honestly. It’s how I started the process, so there is familiarity and comfort there. It’s a security blanket for when my mind gets ahead of my body etc.

How about you?

I think the logo will be important honestly. It’s how I started the process, so there is familiarity and comfort there. It’s a security blanket for when my mind gets ahead of my body etc.

How about you?
Man, honestly it’s one I struggle with. I‘ve been able to stay engaged with the process with and without the logo. But there certainly have been times seeing it re-centers it.

With a rough, windy and wet round over the weekend I think I’m out of my initial dozen of RXS (might have one kicking around in the bag) but did buy a dozen of the RX to test so I’m still going with it.

Interesting day for me yesterday, and it fits right into this current conversation about needing the logo long-term.

So I roll up to the first tee yesterday, open the ball pocket in my bag, and oh sh*t, no Mindset balls! I could have sworn that I had a sleeve in there, but no, they are sitting on my golf stuff table in my office at the house :dohanim: . So this will be a round without the ball, and I'm pretty confident that I can stick to the process, I've played several rounds already where I rotated the Mindset ball in and out of play. I feel I did a pretty good job sticking to the 3-steps, caught myself a few times rushing through it, but I did catch myself, so was able to reset and start again. I played very poorly for most of the first 12 holes, nothing to do with Mindset, just poor play all around. After a disastrous 12th I got everything going though, just missing a par putt on 13, then making par on four of the last five holes. I credit Mindset with helping me stay focused and turn things around, rather than letting the frustration build and having a completely bad round.

So to answer the recent question about needing the logo long term, I've felt all along that it won't be needed once I get the 3-step process fully ingrained as my normal routine, and I think yesterday's round solidified that for me. I'm not there yet, but I think I'm getting close, but I think that I'll likely keep a sleeve of the Mindset balls available long term, just in case I find myself in need of a refresher.

Any questions from the community on these?
Have you noticed if your rounds are taking longer if you sue the methodology on every shot?

Have you noticed if your rounds are taking longer if you sue the methodology on every shot?
Slow rounds for me have had nothing to do with Mindset. I don't think it has had any affect on how long it takes me to play, although I could see it having an affect for some. The first two steps go pretty quick for me, and are really close to what I've been doing for a long time anyway. The third step isn't a big change for me either, I've always taken a moment to clear my mind and get my breathing right once I address the ball, and adding the focal point to that doesn't really make any time difference, unless it possibly speeds it up a bit.

Slow rounds where I play are almost always dependent on the pace of those ahead of me. Courses around here do very little to enforce pace of play, and if the tee sheet is full, which it usually is, it's going to be a long round.

not for me, if anything it's been better as my driving has been better so less rough searching

My rounds are quicker. Less strokes and less time over the ball.

I don't think it really slows down the round at all and it really shouldn't for most people. You can do a lot of the three step process while waiting for others to hit (aside from step 3 which is actually going to hit the ball). No reason you can't gather all your distances/data and visualize your shot while others are hitting. Maybe for the tee shot, you'd want to hold the visualization until its your turn, but that alone shouldn't add that much time if at all.

@Phil75070 9 holes walking by myself using mindset on every shot. It was an unbelievable round for me as I’m a 15 handicap roughly. Played the blues which are 6405. Finished with an 37 in 86 minutes and I was waiting on people in front of me. This is the real deal! Oh my goodness. I’m completely blown away!

EDIT *PAR 35 on front 9* so I shot a 37 as I was 2 over on the front. My bad. :cool:

IMG_1825.jpeg

Last edited:
@Phil75070 9 holes walking by myself using mindset on every shot. It was an unbelievable round for me as I’m a 15 handicap roughly. Played the blues which are 6405. Finished with an 38 in 86 minutes and I was waiting on people in front of me. This is the real deal! Oh my goodness. I’m completely blown away!

View attachment 9260372
My mind is still blown about this. I had 2 bad shots (fat) which didn’t go anywhere near as far as they should have. Normally I would have imploded. I did not. I reset with MindSet and went at it and did well.

One drive nestled in next to a tree and I had to come out sideways so that was 2 shots. I had 175 to the middle of the green. I used a 7i and put the ball within 6’ of the flag and made par.

Just unreal.

Huge testing coming tomorrow.

Huge testing coming tomorrow.

I was just wondering about this the other day, remembering this statement from when the original testers were announced:

Sit tight as if the forum testing goes well with this group, we have a HUGE testing coming up on more golf balls and Mindset.

Glad to hear that we must have done a good enough job for more Mindset testing to be made available for THPers.

I was just wondering about this the other day, remembering this statement from when the original testers were announced:

Glad to hear that we must have done a good enough job for more Mindset testing to be made available for THPers.

I too was wondering about this. I know that JB made a PSA about testing earlier this year and I took that too heart. Looking from the testing threads, many others did too. What we provide for feedback is really important.

Like what you see?! Check out this thread to be able to be a tester! Lots of spots, but they will go quick! Well done THP and Bridgestone!

Looking for more testers

I too was wondering about this. I know that JB made a PSA about testing earlier this year and I took that too heart. Looking from the testing threads, many others did too. What we provide for feedback is really important.
Yep, I think a good group of us took it to heart. Of course with as good as this has been for most of us, or at least different and intriguing, Bridgestone made it easy for us.

Yep, I think a good group of us took it to heart. Of course with as good as this has been for most of us, or at least different and intriguing, Bridgestone made it easy for us.

Agreed!

League night last night with the Mindset balls, but gotta say things did not go well. Pace of play was a huge issue, and it got in my head big time. Felt rushed most of the round because my playing partners were just oblivious to everything and just could not get the mind settled enough to go through the process. Was still standing behind picking the target, would close my eyes to try to visualize and would get distracted by one of the others in the group and couldn't get resettled, but also couldn't take much more time to reset either and the results showed it. Not a good night on the course.

Playing nine holes next Friday. Excited to get these balls on the course and see how they perform. Been practicing with them alot and this will be my first on course experience with them.

Will see if my buddy wants to try them out as well and will share his thoughts as well on here for y’all.

I played another 9 holes today and was +3. Wind was 25MPH average today. Very very pleased with the Tour B X and the MindSet visual technology today. I’m getting along with these pretty well!

This thread will be off the hook in a week or 2.

For those who do get selected there is so much great information here and on Bridgestone’s website. The logo itself is only a small portion of the MindSet visual technology. It sets a visual foundation for you, however the rest is up to you.

This visual technology has been transformational for my game, my 10 y/o junior competitor and many here already. There will be a false sense of that it’s second nature very quickly. This for me was because I was very intentional on the process. As I became more relaxed or doubt crept in, it wasn’t as easy. Stay focused and committed.

1. Take data for your shot (lots of information) and commit to your shot fully.
2. Visualize your shot and begin to narrow focus (no more internal verbalizing) less looking around and focus only on your ball path and target while behind the ball.
3. Really narrow focus. Step into ball with an empty mind, glance at your target and come back to ball and focus on it. Trust your body will do what your mind visualized and swing free!

It’s powerful. Thank you Bridgestone golf and THP. @Jman great article and well done off course pod on it @Canadan.

To all of my fellow testers, thank you for feedback and words of encouragement. I look forward to your continued feedback over the next few weeks. The Tour B X MindSet will continue to be my primary ball for the remainder to the season and can’t wait to interact with others and read your experiences!

@Jtmagic - Tour B RX
@OldeDude - Tour B RXS
@chile - Tour B X
@ddec - Tour B RXS
@hadi05 - Tour B X
@mson - Tour B RX
@Redd - Tour B RX
@TWright971 - Tour B RX
@Scooby45 Tour B RXS
@lambeau Tour B RX
@JohnSinVA Tour B X
@TJRyska Tour B XS