Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Practically every golf ball manufacturer out there has an option or design with some type of visual alignment aid implemented into it. However, Bridgestone Golf had been a notable holdout, until now. Previously, the brand stood by the notion that they weren’t going to follow trends for the sake of it, but would entertain such an offering if there was one they believed to be both unique as well as a difference maker.

Continue reading...

The idea intrigues me, it’d be worth a sleeve alone just to try. Look forward to seeing how well it does, always wish they would offer a sort of Bridgestone B style soccer design as well on the ball as that would look pretty cool.

I'm all for new stuff, but, I honestly have to say…
Seth Meyers What GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Last edited:
  • Staff
I’ll be honest, I don’t get this one. It’s…odd, and a bit awkward. If you’re going to pound your chest for years about not “printing graphics” on golf balls, and then this is what finally gets you to break your own stance….oof.

I’ll be honest, I don’t get this one. It’s…odd, and a bit awkward. If you’re going to pound your chest for years about not “printing graphics” on golf balls, and then this is what finally gets you to break your own stance….oof.
Definitely not what the market was asking for :/

Hmm…. will Day be using the mark? It feels a little forced but Ill roll one from the @Golfers Anonymous sleeve.

• Staff
Hmm…. will Day be using the mark? It feels a little forced but Ill roll one from the @Golfers Anonymous sleeve.
He has been. That’s the point to them releasing it to the public.

Issue is the public didn’t know he was using it…

He has been. That’s the point to them releasing it to the public.

Issue is the public didn’t know he was using it…
Thanks, that’s at least a start to maybe get folks to consider it but still seems a little too out there to really take off

• Staff
Thanks, that’s at least a start to maybe get folks to consider it but still seems a little too out there to really take off
In my personal opinion, it’s WAY too far out there.

That quote from the "Mental Coach" sounds like some Lean Six Sigma/MBA gobbledygook mixed with some spiritual healer mumbo jumbo...thanks but I'll just keep the regular old aiming line.

Cosmo Kramer Omg GIF

I thought the TM Pix alignment was useless and automatically wrote it off. Then, when I finally tried it, I was blown away. I will wait until I try it before making assumptions.

yep, no thank you.....wayyyyy to busy

I can see the advantage on the tee, and on the green. To focus on this spot on the ball as sometimes my eye wanders, especially while putting. But, I still think an alignment line, or something like Triple Track is better.

Watching JDay in his prime I have no problem with his visualization technique. Don't really see how this is "technology" if it's just a reminder on the ball to do the technique. And now that I've read about it I can do it with any ball right? Not following this one

I’m not sure what to think about this TBH….

I’ve seen it on social media for a while, but didn’t know what it is. Now that I know, I like the idea, but idk how well the masses will adopt to it.

With all that said, @Jman you did a great job articulating this article!

From a personal standpoint, I do like the fact that it is one "logo" as opposed to stuff printed all over the ball like the Truvis and Pix. I get the visual and mental que aspect of it but question if it is really necessary to have that printed on the ball to achieve that purpose. Definitely would not be opposed to using a ball with it on there but not sure it would actually change my pre-shot routine any.

That is not what I expected to see at all. Not sure that is something the mass public wants but we will see. It seems like a lot to process when looking at the ball.

I'm not against this, but I'm also not really interested in it.

The one thing I do like is that it's origin story. While I think it's probably far too personal to Day to be relevant on a large scale, at least it's 100% his thing.

It looks interesting and may work for some. I was expecting a bigger story for some reason.

I thought the TM Pix alignment was useless and automatically wrote it off. Then, when I finally tried it, I was blown away. I will wait until I try it before making assumptions.
This is a far cry from that. That, had actual alignment design behind it, this, looks like three circles and a random arrow.

This would be the kinda thing you release to the public after JDay putts the lights out for 3-4 straight weeks, leaving the masses asking, What got into JDay?

I mean, we are asking that question, but it’s all about his pants, not his putting.

With the attention span of the world these days, I don't see this catching on. It seems so unique and tailored to JD and what he tries to accomplish.

No thanks.

My thoughts too, just really odd.

Back