Bridgestone J15 Cast Iron Review

I have been pondering the J15s for a while now, they look so great and I have hit them at golfsmith and they feel great

I have been pondering the J15s for a while now, they look so great and I have hit them at golfsmith and they feel great

I don't think you'll regret it, they are really good!

Thanks- they do look good
Here you go:

The J15 are a little bigger but without having both in hand I never think about the J15 be a thick and chunky iron. They are very forgiving, long, and still pretty easy on the eyes IMO. I haven't had them very long, but I've really enjoyed my time with them so far.

I'm in the market for new clubs and Dallas Golf has these marked down to about $339. Might be nice to pick up a brand new set for the same price I've been shopping used clubs.
Should I be concerned about the offset? They seem quite high by most standards. I could be wrong there.

I'm in the market for new clubs and Dallas Golf has these marked down to about $339. Might be nice to pick up a brand new set for the same price I've been shopping used clubs.
Should I be concerned about the offset? They seem quite high by most standards. I could be wrong there.

Do you fight a hook? If not I wouldn't be worried about it. I have loved my time with them and highly recommend them.

FWIW, offset doesn't cause hooks, swing and improper setup cause the hooks with more offset clubs.

I have ZERO complaints about these irons. Play great and feel great. If I had a friend looking for new clubs and they could get them brand new at that price I'd tell them to jump all over that deal.

I've been playing these for about 2 months, and they are excellent clubs. Easy to hit, long and not bad looking. If they feel good to you, and they are fitted , go for it.

I decided to order them. Looking forward to hitting them.

I think you'll like them. Give us your thoughts after you get them.

i saw that deal in an email from Dallasgolf and ordered a set. I play Z545's and Callaway XR's. AFter a long winter, the Z545's were just trouble for me. I played the great last year but not swinging a club for 6+ months the shafts felt heavy (DGs300) so i switched to the XR's this spring and am getting my swing back. I went to the range last night after receiving my J15's and put them up against the XR's and the Z's. IMO, they are similar, possibly a little lighter in overall weight but honestly, i couldn't really tell the difference other than the XR's seem a tad longer (the cup360 is real). That may be because i am more used to them however, but the j15's were just as smooth. When you flush the ball square, i also didn't really notice much difference in feel between the Z545's and the J15's. Just a nice click and barely felt the ball come off the face. Made just a little louder "click" but i love that sound. Sounded similar to the XR's.

I don't think you can go wrong with the J15's for that price. i am glad i bought them. I think spending some time with them will put them in my playing bag. The topline on these doesn't appear all that thick either. They looked thinner than the XR's thats for sure. Whether or not they are, they appear more "players iron" than the XR's. This is my first time hitting the Nippon shafts so we will see what that brings, but i was hitting nice high launch shots with nice distance. Best i could tell i was hitting the XR's (7 iron) about 175 and the J16's about 165. The Z545 i consistently hit the 7i about 160. I would say these are right in between. So far after limited use, i really like them. Playing 9 on saturday with the wife and will play the J15's and see what happens.

Nice to hear. Mine arrive tomorrow so I'll try and get to range tomorrow night . Funny you mention the z545 as they were high on my used list and someone just listed a nice set right after I bought these. I'll prolly get the j 15's fitted properly if I get in with them . Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone consider the Nike Vapor Fly irons? I just ordered a set with a good discount online. I've played the Z545 a couple of years ago, great irons but not as long or forgiving as the Vapor Fly's. The Nike have a nice profile and great shaft options. The standard graphite is the Recoil shaft.

I took them to the range and well.. I'm at a total loss. Not so much the clubs, probably me. I've been smoking my irons the past month, never hit better. I mean, people were actually coming up to me at the range and complimenting me and asking me for swing thoughts - lol - I don't really have a handicap as I'm getting back into golf - had 5 lessons last fall, used to be about a 15-16 when younger - etc.

Hit the first bucket with new clubs, not bad. They are crazy long compared to my Gravity Backs - to be expected. They are literally 15-20 yards longer per club, I kid you not. 10-12 yards would be the jacked lofts, the rest , probably 17 years worth of tech. ( I have Cobra Gravity Backs with Rifle 6.0 shafts from .... 1999)

Then the trouble started. I got more buckets and it just got worse and worse, then I literally shanked 40 in a row, I was panicked, it only got worse. This has never happened to me ever. Not even sure what to make of it. I'm dumbfounded.

I will either need to get these fitted as all my green mat marks on the underside were super duper near the toe side and all my ball marks were super duper near the heel. I'm going to hit my old clubs again and see if there's any issues, then decide. My first bucket was ok, so it's not like I can't hit them. I can see why people like them, but I'm not crazy about the feel. To be fair, I need to give them more time, but truth be told, they are probably going back (if they will take them back) Again- my swing broke down big time, but even from the first good bucket, I'm not in love. bad first date.... Flame away....

Back