Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Just dropped my 4w off to be shafted. Can't wait to see the performance I get out of it. Definitely will help with my decision in which route to take with my bag set up.

Just dropped my 4w off to be shafted. Can't wait to see the performance I get out of it. Definitely will help with my decision in which route to take with my bag set up.

What shaft are you putting in?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

What shaft are you putting in?

For starters a ProLaunch Blue and who knows what following that.

For starters a ProLaunch Blue and who knows what following that.

Nice high launch shaft! Can't wait to hear your thoughts

If it wasn't for tee shots on par 3s, I could probably take the 5I out of the bag. Used the 4H a handful of times yesterday and was not disappointed. Still working on the punch shot with it. It's mental as I just can't bring myself to choke that far down on the club. I'll get it eventually though.

I have to hit one of these hybrids, just so many good things said about them. But the fw wood... I had the 4w for a bit and while it does sound ok, the head was just too big for me looking down at it. I wanted to stick with it so badly but it just wasn't right for my eye, unfortunately.

I was fortunate to hit Dan's 3+ on the range. The look and the feel are so solid. Just got to figure out what shaft go with.

Still pondering about the fw setup. 3+ and 5w? 4w and hybo? Much still in the air. I have a 21°hybo and 4w coming so hopefully that will make things easier

Still pondering about the fw setup. 3+ and 5w? 4w and hybo? Much still in the air. I have a 21°hybo and 4w coming so hopefully that will make things easier

I'm in the same boat. My current setup of 3 and 5 wood work for me, but I've heard great things about the J40 hybrids. I would either go 3+ and 5w or 3+ and 2 hybrid.

I'm about as confident as it gets with 14* fairway and 18* hybrid. Whether I include a 4 iron replacement is another story!!!!

Is the few and hybrid as low spin as the driver?

Is the few and hybrid as low spin as the driver?

I don't have any specific info like that, but I can say that both have been very good to me at various points of my golf career. The profiles alone are awesome.

I was fortunate to hit Dan's 3+ on the range. The look and the feel are so solid. Just got to figure out what shaft go with.

The 2x4 attached to the club head didn't work for you? lol didn't work for me either, but I did catch a few clean. The club is a bomber for sure.

I haven't been a distance chaser in a bit, but with some roll, I hit my 3+ 299 today off the tee.

Unreal. Love how it can be shaped.

That's damn impressive Capt. You got the Tiger "stinger" in the bag of tricks as far as shot shapes?

Picked up a 5w off the bay for really cheap, but it had a 5.0 PX shaft in it. I got it today and decided to hit the range, and it has me questioning everything I know about shaft flex. I was hitting them dead straight and a nice high ball flight. I didn't get a good gauge on length, but it was very easy to launch, and I think I'm really going to like this club. Was thinking a 4w, but now I'm thinking of a 3+ and 5w and then either dropping a wedge or dropping a 3h. Time will tell.

That's damn impressive Capt. You got the Tiger "stinger" in the bag of tricks as far as shot shapes?

It's funny you ask that, because I actually did sting a 3w today intentionally. Teed it lower than I normally do and hit it with the same type of swing to catch it on a lower groove. The result was actually really really good, nearly equitable distance when I factored in the roll, and the slightest of draw hang after it started out a touch right.

This club is a beast.

The 2x4 attached to the club head didn't work for you? lol didn't work for me either, but I did catch a few clean. The club is a bomber for sure.

Shaft felt good, ball flight was good. Sadly not an option for the MC but there plenty of other great options.

I'm thinking low launch/spin for me in both the 3 and 5w.

Shaft felt good, ball flight was good. Sadly not an option for the MC but there plenty of other great options.

I'm thinking low launch/spin for me in both the 3 and 5w.

What's at the top of your list Jeff/John?

What's at the top of your list Jeff/John?

Thinking maybe 'ahina, rip alpha--something along those lines. Not really sure. It's not low launch but possibly AD-DI8 since I hit the AD-DI7 well in the driver.

Thinking maybe 'ahina, rip alpha--something along those lines. Not really sure. It's not low launch but possibly AD-DI8 since I hit the AD-DI7 well in the driver.

I've been reading some really interesting stuff about the kai'li... Seems like it's potentially lower spin and launch than the ahina.

I'm hard pondering the di8 as well. Possibly tipped s over the x but I love the added weight.

I've been reading some really interesting stuff about the kai'li... Seems like it's potentially lower spin and launch than the ahina.

I'm hard pondering the di8 as well. Possibly tipped s over the x but I love the added weight.

I meant to add the kai'li to the list. I have the 80x in my xhot pro 3 and really liked it. It would be a great option as well.

I meant to add the kai'li to the list. I have the 80x in my xhot pro 3 and really liked it. It would be a great option as well.

I wish I had of known that the other day!!! I really want to hit that fairway shaft.

I wish I had of known that the other day!!! I really want to hit that fairway shaft.

I can send it to you if you want to try it out.

Thanks to Canadan I was able to put the j40 5w with diamana d+ in play today. Hit it really well. So much that that 5w will get in my MC bag in that exact setup. The head sets up square and I love the look. The sound coming off the face is addicting. I can't wait to get back out with it

Back