Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
The last hole. The final chance. What do we got? How many matches will make it here this year? For matches make it, this is a fun little hole. Dog leg right and playing around 390 yards from the black tees. It is a good chance to score and steal a match that comes down the the wire.

1710190061968.png

This hole will play longer than the number though as it is slightly uphill. Plus the tee shoot is a little intimidating as it pinches right at the landing area with a fairway bunker place perfectly to catch wayward drives. With it playing up hill and probably into the wind. Covering the bunker with a driver is probably out of the question. So, aim to the left and hit the fairway.

1710190291213.png

Your second shot is going to be even further up hill so, take more club. Coming up short is bad. The green has a false front on the right and a large deep bunker on the left. My suggesting is to take enough club to get to the back of the green and look for some spin to bring it back down off the slope to the middle.

1710190423786.png

Pin location on the front right and left are sucker pins and do not go for them as you could end up short sided or off the front down a false front. Overall, I hope you enjoy your round of golf at this great course and enjoy great tacos at the turn.

1710190588267.png

Great up hill finisher, that hopefully will be followed by some great clubhouse conversation and laughs and some proshop damage..

1710190649742.png

@Slowmo pumped a driver here during our last round. We were playing scramble at this point and I think we had 63 left for final shot.

I think he would have given @DannyLe just about anything for the proto shaft he had in the ZX5.

Position in the fairway looks key on this hole. I’d probably pull driver, aiming for the left side. Should leave me with a wedge in, potentially 9i if I want to hit something smooth.

This looks like a really good closing hole

Left edge with a power fade, engaged.

Fun finisher that I haven’t really figured out yet. Huge 3 tiered green with another nasty false front with a nice bowl around it for spectators if matches get this far.

@Slowmo pumped a driver here during our last round. We were playing scramble at this point and I think we had 63 left for final shot.

I think he would have given @DannyLe just about anything for the proto shaft he had in the ZX5.
I still would! I hit his driver with that shaft 3-4 times and it was way better than I’ve ever hit my own even though it’s exactly the same head. That drive on 18 was a good 40 yards further than the day before that I thought was crushed.

I still would! I hit his driver with that shaft 3-4 times and it was way better than I’ve ever hit my own even though it’s exactly the same head. That drive on 18 was a good 40 yards further than the day before that I thought was crushed.
It was smoked. I remember getting to the ball and you thought it was Danny’s.

I still think it’s was @DannyLe drive and he was just messing with me. 😜
No, it was definitely yours. His was further right. I was his cartner and we drove to his to pick it up knowing the direction it went.

The false front on the green will hurt you. I went up and back down that thing a few times.

It's a good finisher. Almost seems like a different course in some ways. Sort of like 10 in that regard.

I watched a whole bunch of guys hit shots to a back right pin one evening. The number of balls that spun all the way off the green (or close to it) was terrifying.

Sets up nicely for a fade.

Hope a match's gets to this hole! Looks like a fun finish.

I'm hitting driver and hoping for a little more carry than usual.

I'm sure it's because of the setting with the club house and outside area behind the green, but the downhill tee shot and fun approach made this my favorite hole on the course.

Just need the fade to not be a slice into the bunker.
good vibes GIF by Much

man this is a tough hole. Landing looks tight off the tee and going long into the green is a must. This one will be fun to watch this week.

This hole sets up well to my eye. I think it's a good finishing hole in that a good drive and wedge can give you a solid look for birdie. Not executing either shot though can bring a bogey or double into play.

love a good finishing hole

This hole sets up well to my eye. I think it's a good finishing hole in that a good drive and wedge can give you a solid look for birdie. Not executing either shot though can bring a bogey or double into play.
Hole looks way easier from inside wedge distance, that’s for sure.

I think the harder part is avoiding the sucker pin when you have wedge in hand.

Back