Briggs Ranch Hole #14

Those bunkers were trouble for me, especially when I'm fighting a don't go right swing so everything is going left!

I'm very tempted to smash driver and see if I can get it on there but there is not a lot of room for error there. Right appears to be lost ball territory
Up around the green, most everything kicks toward the green from the right and long right. As long as you aren't way right, the topography will give you an assist.

Briggs 14.png

This was the location of the Nov 2023 Bunker Incident. We laid tracks through all 200 yards of those things I think.
I’m pretty sure I hit 3 shots from this bunker in that incident myself. That thing is death.

That was pure brutality for (I think) every person in our foursome, right?
Yes, it was.

I did better the second day. The best play for this hole is driver off the tee and bounce it off one of the trees on the right and roll it up close to the green.
Screenshot_20231107_113551_Photos.jpg

Yes, it was.

I did better the second day. The best play for this hole is driver off the tee and bounce it off one of the trees on the right and roll it up close to the green.
View attachment 9246975
You beat me... I just popped in here to mention your tee shot. I wasn't going to mention the tree.. just that you drove fringe ;) .

Of course you love it....you can drive the green unlike the rest of us
Just because you can, does not mean you will. But it is fun to have the chance.

That was on 9. This was the one @Carolina Dundee hit that crazy pitch from behind the tree to like a foot!
I don’t think that was on nine. It was the second to last hole before the match was closed out.

Laying up is for sissies
I don't have the horse power to reach the green.

note to self: do not pull driver and try to fade over the bunkers.

4i. Wedge, and putt away.

Up around the green, most everything kicks toward the green from the right and long right. As long as you aren't way right, the topography will give you an assist.

View attachment 9246973
Awkward Talk GIF by Holly Logan

Would love to say I would play it safe but this hole screams at me off the tee to hit driver. Fun risk reward hole.

This hole looks well laid out. I like that the risk is not a 100% lost ball, but a tougher shot or bunker shot. The sand looks glorious, too.

Looks like a great alt-shot hole....especially when my man @KY Golfer is money out of the bunker!!

I LOVE this hole, great shot at birdie on this one

Looks like one of those figure out how you’re playing 13 holes prior, then make the call on the tee if it’s driver or not.

Or… or.. hit driver anyway.

Back