Broke the shaft on my driver

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Today, I broke the shaft on my driver. It was an old D100 driver. My wife recently broke the shaft on one of her irons. Both clubs were old, about 15 plus years. It made me think, how often have you guys broken the shaft or sent the club head flying after a full swing? Is this common?

Have never broken a shaft on any club.

Hasn't happened to me, but I just reshafted my irons last weekend so we'll see what happens 😂

I've never broken a shaft, had a head come off at driving range.

Ive sent a driver head flying, but it was due to not tightening it all the way after adjusting it.

I've only ever broken two.

One was a driver on the range, that I had just bought and put all of 10 swings on maybe.

2nd was a pitching wedge that I ended up sinking into the mucky ground in frustration. It came back out in 2 pieces.

My older brother-in-law did that quite a number of years ago, with a component driver from Pine Meadow or Giga Golf or wherever it was he ordered it from.
Nice looking generic driver for only $79.95.... what could go wrong? :LOL:

Whack... 230 yards. Whack... 235 yards. Whack... 230 yards. Whack... SNAP! o_O Driver head and hosel go flying out about 25 yards into the range! :oops:

Only shaft I’ve ever broken was on a 3 iron where the shaft struck a tree on my follow through.

Broke 2 driver shafts.

I’ve had two head fly off of irons after hitting them. I’ve also had a driver shaft break in the middle after a swing.

I have, usually at the hosel/adapter. I also had a ping G425 that the head flew off of 3 or 4 times… just an odd duck

Had a Ping 8i break on me in the grip … at Jacks point in New Zealand . Struck the shot, felt funny and realised the shaft had fractured in my hands under grip .

Spike with pro at club house and reported it as they were hired clubs but pristine condition. His words “ another one “ they had a batch of 6 of them, same issue …

That’s my only personal experience

Broken a couple of iron shafts but they weren’t accidental. Broke the face on 2 drivers, were accidental.

I’ve had this happen twice with a Titleist adapter on a normal swings and had a steel shaft break awhile back which I know happens a decent amount. I’ve seen a couple graphite shafts splinter and partially break on regular swings, but I haven’t seen any graphite shafts completely shatter where the head went flying like you mentioned.
1692668467341.jpeg

Happened once last year with a driver and a Tensei White driver shaft. First time ever.

Back