Brooke Henderson - No LPGA Status?

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Explain to me how Lydia Ko gets an exemption before the age of 18 but Brooke can't?

Anyone under 18 needs commissioner approval, Lydia got in because she kept being in contention and then won, so it was a tell tale sign that yeah she won't embarrass herself.

Brooke will get hers

Anyone under 18 needs commissioner approval, Lydia got in because she kept being in contention and then won, so it was a tell tale sign that yeah she won't embarrass herself.

Brooke will get hers

This^^^^^^^ It will come soon enough.

Wardy broke it down pretty good. Lydia basically played he way into the exemption like Lexi did and Brooke will.

So, she get her exemption now?

She has to apply for it, but based on today's win and he success this year i don't see how,they could deny her

Just saw on the golf channel Brooke has been given membership starting immediately. Glad to see it happen but she should have already had status

I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Whan was simply setting the bar high to deter parents of minors from pushing their daughters into the LPGA before they are ready. I have heard stories of parents pushing their daughters really hard to cash in on the LPGA youth movement before it 'slips' away from them.

I thought that they announced that she was granted her status the day after she won.

Read an interview with Whan and he does have high standards for granting exemptions since he gets thousands of them. He looks at players maturity level, what other opportunities and/ or tours are available to that person to improve their game outside of the LPGA. He uses Lydia and Lexi as his examples. When Brooke first applied last year she was denied because she hadn't finished higher than 24th. He said her resume this year compared to last year is 100% different

So proud of Brooke,I am glad she can chase her dreams next season. To win before she was 18 is unreal and a great group to be in Lexi and Lydia.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back