Bryson talking 48” driver shaft at the US Open

Wolff was blowing it by Bryson all day Sunday and fell backwards

Have you noticed it is a lot of the same folks that preach "we want more non-cookie cutter PGA tour class-acts" that also hate Bryson, Reed, Poulter, et. al? I have definitely noticed this.

However you look at those guys, just remember no one would watch the Avengers movies if there weren't bad guys in them.

I don't see how you can say for certain the same people who hate Reed also hate Bryson and Poulter and anybody who's "non cookie cutter."

It's like WWF. You need heels and faces, sprinkled with some golf jabronis.

I don't see how you can say for certain the same people who hate Reed also hate Bryson and Poulter and anybody who's "non cookie cutter."

It's like WWF. You need heels and faces, sprinkled with some golf jabronis.

I was specifically referring to another podcast that is popular around these parts. Their narrative is that they are desperate for a PGA tour player to break out of the "class act" group and have a unique personality, but their behavior is to attack virtually anyone who actually does this. I cited Bryson, Reed, and Poulter as specific examples. Not to say they don't deserve heavy criticism for some of their remarks and actions, but at least they're going about things their own way. People are free to hate on whoever they want.

Small problem with building a 48" driver by us amateurs is most of the shafts available to us are 46 " - which usually nets out at 47" - so when I make a 48" driver which I have built about 25 of them - is one needs to extend the shaft about 1.00 - 1.50" with a graphite stub cut from a old scrap graphite shaft. this works pretty well. Been playing 48" drivers for about 3 years.. can't hit a short one anymore - but I am 6' 3" which helps with a long guy. Love em!

Wolff was blowing it by Bryson all day Sunday and fell backwards

Have you noticed it is a lot of the same folks that preach "we want more non-cookie cutter PGA tour class-acts" that also hate Bryson, Reed, Poulter, et. al? I have definitely noticed this.

However you look at those guys, just remember no one would watch the Avengers movies if there weren't bad guys in them.

I wouldn't say Wolff was blowing by Bryson but he was certainly as long or longer. Bryson was 7th I think in driving distance. Bryson didn't win the tournament with his length. The length definitely helped but it was where Bryson positioned his drives, the quality of his approaches and then his short game and putting.

Regarding non-cookie cutter the only one I dislike that you listed is Reed because I think he is a cheater. I think Bryson and Poulter are great for the game.

Back