Bryson talking 48” driver shaft at the US Open

If they know they’re going to be talking about it, then they absolutely should. That’s literally their job. Broadcasters for every sport do research on stories, players, etc for games or tournaments. They don’t get a pass because he’s the only tour guy doing it.

He was the dominant topic for 5 weeks following the restart, yet nobody spent an hour to educate themselves on it during that timespan? That’s genuinely embarrassing for the media.
Unless I went hunting for the info, you are my connection to OL clubs on here for example. It's just such a small % of players out there in general, and its interesting that Bryson and the tour kinda reflect those numbers as well as to how many play OL.
I agree...they are flies on Bryson stink right now and need to do some homework like he is. Golf broadcast really is lazy to the extreme on many levels with what is available now technologically speaking. Don't be a Faldosaur. :cool:

I'm looking forward to him trying out the 48" shaft.
I used to swing a 50" steel shafted Callaway Warbird as my every day driver. I could kill that thing both off the tee and in the fairway.
Back then, (mid 90's) it was legal and I put it to good use. My honest avg from the tee was 285 and if I didn't hit multiple 300+ drives in the round, I was disappointed.
I think he will kill it with that 48" shaft. Will it go where he wants to? That's another question that needs answering.

I love hearing that 200 mph ball speed is not that long. The internet is amazing :)

i change channels when bryson is on camera during the round. i dont want to pick up any bad swing habits. have you seen his setup when chipping? BLAH YUCK

A little inspirational song for Bryson...

Do the broadcasters all educate themselves on OL clubs for one player? Not worth it.
They should, however, with as much as they fawn over him every two seconds.
I don't dislike Bryson. I hate the media hype. He ain't THAT long. Get over it.
I don't think Faldo knows anything about any golf equipment made after around 1985. His retro-grouch act gets old.

Only thing I’ve learned in this thread is that I need a 48in driver for scrambles. That is freakin brilliant

I don't think Faldo knows anything about any golf equipment made after around 1985. His retro-grouch act gets old.
If I worked for Cobra, I'd have sent him a set of OL irons and wedges built to whatever specs he currently plays just to have a little fun

I prefer players who gain advantages with their game rather than being crafty with the tools, but he is good for a laugh now and then.

So Gene Sarazen should not have invented the wedge? Messing with his tools like that.

I agree with your sentiment about Bryson, just couldn't resist.;)

I prefer players who gain advantages with their game rather than being crafty with the tools, but he is good for a laugh now and then.
You must not like anybody on your then, because every guy out there is fit to the enth degree.

I feel like the USGA is smiling behind the scenes. Bryson could very well break modern professional golf and be the catalyst for change the governing bodies have been looking for.

The Bryson hate flows deep here haha. As I saw nothing but Bryson bulking up over the break, I wonder if his short game suffered a bit as a result of losing touch AND adding the bulk that he did. I'm curious to see what happens if he were to put the focus he did on gaining distance into his short game.

Well I’ve watched him hit one close to 425 thanks to cart path roll and still bogey the hole so this ought to be fun.

Brooke Henderson uses a 48” driver and no one bats an eye. Bryson considers the idea of a 48” driver and everyone loses their marbles. :rolleyes:

If he gets his wedges somewhate consistent. I can see him becoming a Masters Monster. That course is more accepting to mashing off the tee. I think US opens and Open Championships will be his bugaboo... @HipCheck ;)

VOLUME UP

Pretty darn good round today.

Bryson haters are quiet today.... Into 2nd place.

Crickets!...Is this driver sole reason for the winning of 2020 US Open?
A custom 48in 'big dog' is NOT in a big box store...

Last edited:
Interesting to see how much longer the droves become. How does he hot it soooo high?

Happy Gilmore is here, I love it. Hit it hard, harder, hardest. Took the hinge out of putting, What is next? One shaft. 8 club heads, just change as needed, easier to carry for the caddie.

Back