Build Your Cobra KING F9 SpeedBack Driver

OITW is now captain 10&8. Get after it - big expectations. The F9 driver will get you there (but only if it is Yellow)

Just watched an interesting video about the weight of this head and using a counterbalanced shaft. I remember during shaft up last year when @lions81 was fit by Danny for a helium shaft and the F8 they added heavier weights to the head, I’m guessing for a similar reason.

Being that I selected Helium for my driver shaft I am now wondering how that works. Should I have requested a higher swing weight than stock D3 Will it feel too light in my hands? Will cobra automatically adjust accordingly like they do for the tour length driver?

Just watched an interesting video about the weight of this head and using a counterbalanced shaft. I remember during shaft up last year when @lions81 was fit by Danny for a helium shaft and the F8 they added heavier weights to the head, I’m guessing for a similar reason.

Being that I selected Helium for my driver shaft I am now wondering how that works. Should I have requested a higher swing weight than stock D3 Will it feel too light in my hands? Will cobra automatically adjust accordingly like they do for the tour length driver?

Those are great questions - but if you ask for the stock SW they should adjust the head to get there if the shaft head combo brings it in under D3 SW

I don’t know the answer, but my guess is no. The Smoke shaft is 59 grams, as is the Helium 5 F4. I can’t remember if the Smoke is counterweighted. I don’t think so, but I still would be surprised.

Last year for my f8 I ordered cut down with a CB shaft cobra hot melted and put in a heavier weight to meet the standard swing sweight.

I think unless specified they will usually attempt to hit stock sw.

Back