Build Your Dream Putter!

Just_Brad

#GD 2023Legacy #HYFY - JB says "Be a Brad"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You get a chance to build any putter you want, the putter of your dreams. What are you building?

Give me some details, OEM, length, head, shaft, grip. Got a pic of it? Show me that!
Mock one up, design one online and show us all what your dream putter is, or could be.

Go crazy, this is the putter of your dreams after all!

Pretty much this lol

IMG_2314.png

You get a chance to build any putter you want, the putter of your dreams. What are you building?

Give me some details, OEM, length, head, shaft, grip. Got a pic of it? Show me that!
Mock one up, design one online and show us all what your dream putter is, or could be.

Go crazy, this is the putter of your dreams after all!
Dream putter?

Callaway
100% milled putter
Black or slate grey color
380-420 grams in weight (prefer heavier putters)
Plumbers neck
Flange line for alignment
Triple Wide Shape

Toulon
Blue finish
Plumbers neck
Las Vegas
34" with a blue stroke lab
red/white/blue superstroke pistol GT tour

I essentially have it right now with my custom Toulon Chicago from the 21 Grandaddy. If I changed anything though, I would have added some white and pink to make it more Miami Vice like instead of pure tiffany blue. I just did a huge photo cleanup on my phone so I don't have a picture of it but specs are

22 Toulon Chicago Plumbers neck black finish
34 inches
4* loft
Super Stroke 3.0 grip
Stability Tour Black shaft
Pink, white and light blue paintfill

You’d go gemstone Scotty?
Maybe lol. Honestly though I would actually do a putter in gold. I love that color. Probably black on the aim point/or lines. Shaft would be black. Grip would be black but with gold lettering.

I'd love to go through an Edel fitting and then be able to get a custom Edel putter with an All-In shaft, with whatever putter head they fit me for in a copper oil-can finish.

Toulon Atlanta head
Matte gunmetal finish
Red and white paintfill
White Hot insert
Red stroke lab shaft
P2 React Tour grip
33.5"
70° lie angle

Center Shaft
#7 head shape
All matte black
So basically the @seemoreputters mini Giant HTx

Would also throw in the Ping Tyne C with the PLD face in a patina finish

I love this neck but I am now a face balanced guy.

16978206501278219906458811087090.jpg

okay lets gooooooo

I want a tuna milled 1025 forged mild carbon Odyssey 330M head.
With a slightly longer plumbers neck.
Copper/Rose Gold finish, with double topline, and single flange line.

3.5* loft. 69* lie.
34.5"
True Temper blackout steel putter shaft.
Black and Copper SuperStroke 3.0 XL

I need to sit down

I absolutely loved my Tank Cruiser #7 years ago, and I want a new alterred version.

Tank Cruiser #7 Head, but I want it Raw and rusty, and I want it with milled face.
Counterbalanced, and all kinds of weight loaded into it.
That long SuperStroke grip on it, all black grip on it, all black shaft. No fill on anything, all the weights finished to match the raw.

I sold that putter for a Pre-Grandaddy purge, and I really want to redo that thing customed out. The only thing I wasn't a fan of on the original really was the face, somehow I got a mark on the white, and could never get it cleaned up. The raw milled face would fix that up for me.

Mallet
Ss or equivalent grip

Black matte head

Alignment aid - preferable line not dot

Can feel the head , but doesn’t need to be engine block lol

Boutique or niche shafting not preferred , but if it’s specified and performance enhance and authentic , would use

I want a full heel shafted mallet type putter.

A Tri-Hot 5K version of the Odyssey Jailbird, with a Garsen Max grip.

New version armlock Scotty.

okay lets gooooooo

I want a tuna milled 1025 forged mild carbon Odyssey 330M head.
With a slightly longer plumbers neck.
Copper/Rose Gold finish, with double topline, and single flange line.

3.5* loft. 69* lie.
34.5"
True Temper blackout steel putter shaft.
Black and Copper SuperStroke 3.0 XL

I need to sit down
This 🔥

Not sure what that all means but it sounds fantastic 😎

I would probably go with a blue/pink(90’esk) milled face balanced Callaway Triple wide with a hosel capable of graphite shafts

Timeless with Circle T in the cavity.

Boring, I know.

Funny this topic popped up, as a friend, and my self are "fooling around with a new to us putter design.

No pictures as my work shop is 40 miles away. We are using cold rolled, 3/4" inch, steel shaft stock. We also have 1/2", and 1" stock to work with.

O
OO. This would be an end view. Just think the three pieces are connected each other with the shaft sticking out of the top piece, and the club face on the side of the left piece. The round ball will be contacted with the rounded edge of the club face. The right bottom piece will be machined to give us more heel/toe weighting.

We are also making a similar version of the Rail Gun Putter. See my avatar.

Just something to mess around with. As we have several feet of shaft stock we'll probably never used.

Back