Build Your Srixon Driver

I was a little in the dumps not making the cut so did a little research and picked up a new Z785, 10.5 with HC project X Black (5.5).

Just so it wouldn’t be lonely also used my Christmas money and picked up a Z U85 23 degree with Recoil 95 F3 shaft.

My backup bag of Srixon irons, Cleveland wedges, 785 and U85 just need a 3 wood to complete.

Just luv Srixon so much, had to make the plunge. Thank goodness I have some other equipment laying around to sell in the spring.

Happy shopping fellas, going to be a blast to follow. Go git’em Chef!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff man! Appreciate the comparison between the 2 of them. I actually felt the same about the Yellow that you do, so that really helps me get an idea of what I’m jumping into.
No problem. I'm not always playing the latest and greatest and burning though equipment to offer comparisons on. But, if there's something I can add to help someone else into hunting, I'm happy to help where I can.

Hope you can get a chance to try it before hand though. There's gotta be a fitting cart somewhere that has one.

No problem. I'm not always playing the latest and greatest and burning though equipment to offer comparisons on. But, if there's something I can add to help someone else into hunting, I'm happy to help where I can.

Hope you can get a chance to try it before hand though. There's gotta be a fitting cart somewhere that has one.

Unfortunately I doubt I’ll be able to demo it before the order. Fortunately for me I’ve gotta good friend that is a shaft guy, who has fit me before, and I’ve played a handful of rounds with him that gave me the recommendation. So if that’s what I end up ordering I will have complete confidence in the setup.

It’s great to be a THP’er! ;-)

Unfortunately I doubt I’ll be able to demo it before the order. Fortunately for me I’ve gotta good friend that is a shaft guy, who has fit me before, and I’ve played a handful of rounds with him that gave me the recommendation. So if that’s what I end up ordering I will have complete confidence in the setup.

It’s great to be a THP’er! ;-)
That helps! You'll have a blast I'm sure. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little jealous. I didn't enter this one as we're still reeling after Christmas. Also, I just dropped $500 on a driver. In the off chance I was picked and told my wife that I was dropping another $500 and flying to Vegas, I don't think she'd quite understand.

Build Your Srixon Driver

I’ll play too...
785 Head 9.5 Degree
UST Helium 5F4 Shaft
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

Z785 9.5*
ProjectX EvenFlow Blue 65
Golfpride MCC Align

785 head, tensei orange shaft. Yessss please. Lucky contestants here!

So I'm playing a Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 (dialed to 9.5) with the Evenflow Blue 65 6.0.

I'm pretty set on the Z785, likely in 9.5 but still trying to focus on a shaft. I could still see going Evenflow Blue because I really love the shaft, but I've also previously played the HZRDUS Black and Yellow and liked both. Also love the MCC Plus 4 grips.

Any other recommendations I should be looking at?

Build Your Srixon Driver

Z585 9.5* head
Miyazaki Kaula Kiri 5 Stiff flex
MCC Align

Cut that bad boy down to 44.5”!!! Boom!

Man - I am torn between these two. I need the forgiveness but want low spin. I would have to go with the 585 and a HZRDUS Yellow 65 in 6.5 with a UTX grip! Then see if John at LA Golf can improve on the numbers I am seeing :)

Build Your Srixon Driver

I’d have to go with the Z785 PROJECT X handcrafted 65 Cut to 45” with Pride New Decade Grip Midsize Red/Black I think.

785 with the Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grip. The shaft is an area I am not all too familiar with and somewhere I need to sit down and explore. I really need to be fitted into a shaft to know what kind of numbers I need to match my swing. If I had to guess it would be something similar to the Project X HZRDUS HandCrafted Yellow 65.

Build Your Srixon Driver

So right now I’m think about...

Z 785 9.5 degree and turn it down a degree
Project X EvenFlow Blue 65 5.5 and I would set it at 45 inches
MCC Plus 4 midsize

I have never got along with any of the Tensei shafts, the guy that wanted the Tensei Orange X is a beast by the way! I would like to try the Helium shafts, but the one of the list isn’t the one that would suit me best I think, I think I would need one a little stiffer! I love the EvenFlow shaft in my 3wood and I’ve played a lot with the HZRDUS shafts, but I think I would need one that weighs just a little less!

So right now I’m think about...

Z 785
Project X EvenFlow Blue 65 5.5
MCC Plus 4 midsize

I have never got along with any of the Tensei shafts, the guy that wanted the Tensei Orange X is a beast by the way! I would like to try the Helium shafts, but the one of the list isn’t the one that would suit me best I think, I think I would need one a little stiffer! I love the EvenFlow shaft in my 3wood and I’ve played a lot with the HZRDUS shafts, but I think I would need one that weighs just a little less!

Oh and don’t let Chef fool you, he’s sneaky long and BL’s swing needs a bottle of Jergens! I could watch BL’s swing on a loop for hours!

Oh and don’t let Chef fool you, he’s sneaky long and BL’s swing needs a bottle of Jergens! I could watch BL’s swing on a loop for hours!

If only my wife felt the same way.

Look at those shaft options!

Having never hit either of these, I’d go with:

Z585
Aldila Rogue Silver
Golf Pride CP2 Pro

Z785 with a Handcrafted HZRDUS Black 6.0, midsize Tour Velvet... Man that sounds so nice!

Z 585
Project X HZRDUS Red 65
NDMC

z785 8.5° set to -1° Tensei Pro Orange 70TX 45" MCC+4 Mid Grip.

I was fit for this driver and was getting 171 balls peed from this setup. One of the best drivers out there for sure!

https://youtu.be/hOtvY2dOQm8

Part 2 of @HuddieJ ‘s 785 testing from the only place in Huntsville, AL that had Srixon equipment for sale.

I would select the 785 9.5* with HZRDUS 75 and Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grip. Standard length.

I'd go with a Z585 with a Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 60 and MCC+4 grips.

Back