Caddie assisted alignment

Half the players on the LPGA do it. It doesn't bother me though seeing as how the caddie has always been part of your on course "team".

I like the old way of thinking when it comes to caddies. Keep up, shut up and just carry the bag.

Boy I am glad I found this as I was going to start my own thread. I am sorry but this needs to be taken out of the game with a rule change. The playing times on the LPGA where the practice is predominant are a real issue, along with the prolonged discussions. I have no issue with helping with the read on putts and the other advice the caddy shares but the lining up absolutely wastes time and the players should have more than enough skill to align themselves. It is their profession after all. Too much dependency on caddy assistance is prevalent and I also believe it is affecting the golfers themselves at times.

At times the player appear to be in 2 minds which is a real disease for a golfer and I believe it comes from pre-shot dialogues had with caddies. When you hear some of the conversations you just know that the player does not seem certain about the shot they are playing.

My 2 cents worth.

Back