Caddie Experience: Yay or Nay?

I have utilized a caddy a few times over the years. I found it to be a fun expierience.

Having a caddy, with all their knowledge, made it seem a little more "golfy" if there is such a thing.

I've never had a real, bag carry, help on the course caddie but I've had my wife and daughter come to course with me and play caddie handing me clubs, wiping and putting away. If I was on an unfamiliar course and had the opportunity I would try a caddie.

I've never once used one, but would like to just for the experience. Certainly on an unfamiliar course where I'd take all the help I can get. Certainly finding balls would be a help!

Any tips on the Pinehurst caddie experience?
Not much I can really say. We had 2 good ones in our group. For me they were great on pitch shots and putting since the greens are so diabolical there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Been lucky to enjoy all my experiences. Guess it was, for me, not to have expectations. Course knowledge was all I was looking for so any extra efforts were welcomed.

I love the caddy experience. I usually play better as a good caddy gives me more confidence with club selection and reading putts.

Having a walking caddy is rare for me but I always love the experience. I don’t mind splitting one with someone else as it’s usually more economical than having your own.

Fore caddies are also awesome because You go straight to your ball because they know exactly where it is and they will already have the yardage.

Never had a caddie before.

I’ve enjoyed it. No downside to me

I’ve played with a few caddies but never had an actual caddy whilst playing. Maybe one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back