Caddies and laser rangefinders?

Jaybanks9

Reaction score
Handicap
When the guys are playing at the masters this week can the caddies use a laser rangefinder without slope during actual rounds? Do they have to go around with the laser and map it out during practice rounds or just by walking the course?ive just never seen them using one, but guys have them on their bags. Thanks for any answers

I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to use them. Just a yardage book.

When the guys are playing at the masters this week can the caddies use a laser rangefinder without slope during actual rounds? Do they have to go around with the laser and map it out during practice rounds or just by walking the course?ive just never seen them using one, but guys have them on their bags. Thanks for any answers

Caddies use them in practice rounds, but they cannot use them in competition rounds. A lot of caddies will walk the courses on Tour on their own early in the week to get all of the numbers to put into the yardage books. I saw this when I was a marshal at an LPGA tournament a few years ago. For what it's worth, almost every caddie used a laser rangefinder as opposed to a GPS device.

They can walk the course and use laser to check yardages before the tournament starts but not during play.

Caddies use them in practice rounds, but they cannot use them in competition rounds. A lot of caddies will walk the courses on Tour on their own early in the week to get all of the numbers to put into the yardage books. I saw this when I was a marshal at an LPGA tournament a few years ago. For what it's worth, almost every caddie used a laser rangefinder as opposed to a GPS device.

Thanks. That's what I thought was done, but wasn't sure.

do they use a slope version?

Back