Calcutta golf balls

tehuti

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20+
I fell for the FB Calcutta golf ball free sleeve “deal” before reading the comments. Fortunately, after paying the $1.00 for shipping I found out about their bogus subscription deal and promptly canceled.

Long story short - I will keep an eye out for any erroneous charges, but I did receive the sleeve of balls and played with them today.

My first impression was that they are not bad. However, my short game was brutal today and I couldn’t figure out why. So I’ll play my usual gamers tomorrow and see if I have better results. Off the tee they were fine, but I couldn’t hold any greens on my usual chip shots.

Has anyone else tried these yet?
a9b55d68fb655b0c08314ccfe238bf01.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have received no less than 2 dozen emails and messages on social media about this company being a scam. $50 charges appear and the balls are subpar.

Never seen one myself, but buyer beware.

Not gonna go this route.

Hate the logo. It makes the ball look cheap, and outside of Sirius, Netflix, HBONow, and Disney+ I don't do subscriptions.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

nope, have not seen adds for then either....

They’re not worth the hassle. But I was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time hearing about these. Certainly will no be seeking them out.

I appreciate the heads up! Hopefully, you aren't wrongly charged later.

I got a sleeve for a buck. Luv um . i play with pro v1 and have a 5 handicap. No difference. Eill order a dozen if i can find them.

Wow their that good huh?:eek:k:
I Googled them. A lot of the search results in other forums were (surprisingly enough) from newly joined members with one post, extolling the virtues of the ball and comparing it to a ProV1. Also a lot of other posts complaining about the subscription scam and what a PITA it is to get out of. Buyer beware.

[ETA:] The ball is also not listed in the USGA list of conforming balls.

Last edited:
I Googled them. A lot of the search results in other forums were (surprisingly enough) from newly joined members with one post, extolling the virtues of the ball and comparing it to a ProV1. Also a lot of other posts complaining about the subscription scam and what a PITA it is to get out of. Buyer beware.
Sounds about right. $50 a dozen seems ... high.

I too got suckered in & the same as you canceled within 24 hours & was only charged the dollar. I played them & was not impressed with them after getting off the tee.

I did the same. I paid the $1, and then cancelled the subscription. With that being said. I play with PV-1x and the Bridgestone Tour B Xs Tiger balls. I play this last Tuesday wit a Calcutta ball. The ball played well. A little harder than both the other balls I play, but all around a decent ball to play with. Would I buy and play with them. Yes only if the price was right. I could see myself spending more than $20-$25 a dozen on these, but at that price. You could buy the Callaway Diablo Tour

I fell for the FB Calcutta golf ball free sleeve “deal” before reading the comments. Fortunately, after paying the $1.00 for shipping I found out about their bogus subscription deal and promptly canceled.

Long story short - I will keep an eye out for any erroneous charges, but I did receive the sleeve of balls and played with them today.

My first impression was that they are not bad. However, my short game was brutal today and I couldn’t figure out why. So I’ll play my usual gamers tomorrow and see if I have better results. Off the tee they were fine, but I couldn’t hold any greens on my usual chip shots.

Has anyone else tried these yet?
a9b55d68fb655b0c08314ccfe238bf01.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same story, small if any print, but pretty consistent off the tee. I use the Ben Hogan theory of golf... " Hit it as long and far as possible, then correct the problem from there". This ball probably gave me +15yrds as compared to my Titleist DT1'S. I'd buy some more, only issue I found not as many hits on ball, about 75% before you see diminished return.

Does not pass the smell test with the word scam mentioned so many times. Enjoy the cheap sleeve and hope no fraudulent charges.

Also @tehuti what's your go to ball?

If ball were that good, they would market them like any other ball. Without hidden subscription.

Subscription scam is a numbers game. If they get 10%of people to fall for it they make money.

Back