Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

I wanted 5-AW but all they had was 4-AW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't sell that 4i short. It's an absolute weapon. (y)

I was the opposite. I waited for well over a year to find the right set on CPO. There were tons of 5-AW but very few 4-PW and NONE in smoke. I finally stumbled upon my unicorn on CPO and jumped on it. Ordered the AW about two weeks later.

i have apex pro 19 on the brain tonight

Played the Apex Pros all this year and bought new with a great discount with out even hitting them just before the first snowfall late last fall. I would say they are probably the best irons I have owned.

My back up set is a combo set of Srixon irons in the 65 series that I thought I would never get rid of but I’m going to hold onto the Apex Pros so something has to go in order to bring something new into the household in 2021. Sorry to see the Srixons go but the Apex Pros are just too good.

My last round gave me some daunting irons shots where misses were massively punished. I had a good swing going and the C19s shined. I absolutely love these irons.

I’m stuck on a few sets of irons and these won’t go away. JPX Forged, Miz HMB, Cobra King Tour.... anyone able to give me direct comparisons? I’ve hit them all at different times.

The Apex Pros were unreal today. It was my first time out with them in a round and they didn’t disappoint. I was firing lasers. They were coming up a bit shorter than the Apex standard irons for me at first but I had a few that were in line with what I’ve seen from my standard set. They helped me shoot a new PB and if it wasn’t for my horrendous wedge play, I could’ve gone even lower.

Oh and as a highlight, I hit the best shot of my life today with the Apex Pro 6i. I hit my 5w the distance I needed but it caught the edge of the fairway and rolled down toward the water on the right. Thankfully, it stopped on the mud embankment that had been firmed up a bit by the sunny 75° day. So my second shot on the more difficult Par 4 would be off a mud embankment that was 6ft below the fairway & 175yds to the pin. I had to go over water & around a tree. I setup and swung. Contact was crisp and buttery. The result? I fired a fade that flew high and cut around the tree like I was steering it with a remote. It stopped on a dime 2ft from the pin for a tap in birdie. The only of the day. It felt incredible to try to pull of a shot like that and for it to work out the way it did.
Long story short, two years later and these irons are still hard king of the mountain for me. Glad I made the switch after cleaning up the swing a bit.

My last round gave me some daunting irons shots where misses were massively punished. I had a good swing going and the C19s shined. I absolutely love these irons.
Today I worked on accelerating through the shot and hit some crisp shots and it reminded me of my first swing with the Apex 7-iron on the range at ECPC. 😍😍

The Apex Pros were unreal today. It was my first time out with them in a round and they didn’t disappoint. I was firing lasers. They were coming up a bit shorter than the Apex standard irons for me at first but I had a few that were in line with what I’ve seen from my standard set. They helped me shoot a new PB and if it wasn’t for my horrendous wedge play, I could’ve gone even lower.

Oh and as a highlight, I hit the best shot of my life today with the Apex Pro 6i. I hit my 5w the distance I needed but it caught the edge of the fairway and rolled down toward the water on the right. Thankfully, it stopped on the mud embankment that had been firmed up a bit by the sunny 75° day. So my second shot on the more difficult Par 4 would be off a mud embankment that was 6ft below the fairway & 175yds to the pin. I had to go over water & around a tree. I setup and swung. Contact was crisp and buttery. The result? I fired a fade that flew high and cut around the tree like I was steering it with a remote. It stopped on a dime 2ft from the pin for a tap in birdie. The only of the day. It felt incredible to try to pull of a shot like that and for it to work out the way it did.
Long story short, two years later and these irons are still hard king of the mountain for me. Glad I made the switch after cleaning up the swing a bit.
That’s solid Clayton, keep it up. I echo your love for these irons. Since switching my iron game has improved a great deal my confidence is high. Only downside is the season is coming to an end here, but the grind don’t stop .

That’s solid Clayton, keep it up. I echo your love for these irons. Since switching my iron game has improved a great deal my confidence is high. Only downside is the season is coming to an end here, but the grind don’t stop .

I’m so glad I wasn’t in to golf when I lived in MN. That would’ve been depressing. Oh sorry Cap @MattyD-MPLS!
Yeah these are no joke my man!

I’m so glad I wasn’t in to golf when I lived in MN. That would’ve been depressing. Oh sorry Cap @MattyD-MPLS!
Only makes the grind more real . Quite enjoy the off season , this past 2 winters improved my short game because of it. Now to work out my off the tee game

Gee, thanks! I like the break from about this time until the 1st of the year when the Tournament of Champions happens. Then I am in full junky mode again.

CPO. Just sayin

still a bit too rich for my blood on cpo. i’ll keep checking. i’ve been in love with these irons for awhile. gerritt at ecpc wanted me in these, but i was missing too often and we didn’t want to lose the forgiveness of the mav pro. if i can swing a bit better, i really think the apex pro would suit me much better.

still a bit too rich for my blood on cpo. i’ll keep checking. i’ve been in love with these irons for awhile. gerritt at ecpc wanted me in these, but i was missing too often and we didn’t want to lose the forgiveness of the mav pro. if i can swing a bit better, i really think the apex pro would suit me much better.

I think they're running 30% off all orders tomorrow.

My swing is night and day better than my fitting, but I didn’t think they Pros would fall into my wheelhouse. I was wrong. The turf interaction is better for me. They’re more forgiving than they are given credit for and the feel is superb! If you can spend some time testing them again, dooooo iiiiiiit.
If I shot a new PB on my first outing with them, I definitely think you would see some interest results.

i hate you and i love you at the same time. sh1t

And you can catch it at midnight so that you get the set you want before they’re all snatched up! Trust me.

I think they're running 30% off all orders tomorrow.
Only one set of combos with graphite and that one is the wrong graphite for me. The CC is safe.

Back