Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Not really. I enjoyed the heck out of the CF16s and I find these to be better in just about every way. They spin a little more for me in the 6-8 (only about 500 rpms), it appears than the last set, but they go far, launch with a great trajectory and hit the peak heights I like. I think I have tried every set out so far for 2019 and a couple of more still to come and I would say they are as good as anything I have hit.

Music to my ears but not necessarily my credit card

Hit about 12 balls today with the Apex 19 and I really am enjoying the set. Only had the 8 iron with me as I was there to bash drivers, but it continues to have the feel that I liked from the Rogue Pros, which is very soft and a ball flight I can really get behind. If I ride with this set for the year, it well get reshafted with some UST Mamiya Recoil 95s.

What shaft was in the 8i? Was this just on the range or was there a way for you to gauge descent?

What shaft was in the 8i? Was this just on the range or was there a way for you to gauge descent?

Just on the range. It had the Catalyst shaft in it.

Thanks.

Catalyst 80 I’m guessing?

Yes sir

97f7f0a8b3d881ba09b2623ee2b440d7.jpg

Can you give a rough comparison to the recoils?

Honestly not really. Id like to say I like this better and that better, but it wouldn't be fair to either shaft. I played the Recoil 95s for a number of years now. I played these for about 12 shots and tested them a total in other clubs of about 50 shots. At Club Champion I hit them pretty well. Im not a big shaft over thinker as a way to alter ball flight significantly, so I am probably the wrong person to ask. I know I love the way the Recoil 95s feel and I dont fight them at all, which is a good thing for me.

Honestly not really. Id like to say I like this better and that better, but it wouldn't be fair to either shaft. I played the Recoil 95s for a number of years now. I played these for about 12 shots and tested them a total in other clubs of about 50 shots. At Club Champion I hit them pretty well. Im not a big shaft over thinker as a way to alter ball flight significantly, so I am probably the wrong person to ask. I know I love the way the Recoil 95s feel and I dont fight them at all, which is a good thing for me.

Makes sense. Thanks.

I hit the Apex ‘19 v. My current Rogue Pros...
Long Story short:
I get the distance gains I got when I switched from the CF16s to the Rogue Pros, but I now get an even softer feel than the Rogue Pros & CF16s.

Yeah sign me up.
KBS C-Taper Lite (Stiff)
1up/1strong
MCC Plus 4 Align

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked my time with the KBS C-Taper Lites when I had them in the XR Pro's. But a wrist injury has me looking for less stress on my wrists. The Mizuno Analyzer always recommends the KBS C-Taper Lites for me at my fittings. Enjoy the new clubs.

I liked my time with the KBS C-Taper Lites when I had them in the XR Pro's. But a wrist injury has me looking for less stress on my wrists. The Mizuno Analyzer always recommends the KBS C-Taper Lites for me at my fittings. Enjoy the new clubs.

I have the recoil smacwrap in my 2 iron and honestly love that combo and has me rethinking my CTL 110’s that i had in my Cf16’s and then my MC KFTB’s

You already order your shafts Mike? Curious as I am following some of the folks that played the CF16’s

No, I’m ordering the Smoke finish. Stock have the Elevate 95’s or Catalyst 80’s. In my research and chatting with those who have played the Catalyst these could be a good fit for me.

Looking at the shaft options that are online, the only other contenders could be the ES 780 SmacWraps. I could order them and request a heavier swing weight

I have the recoil smacwrap in my 2 iron and honestly love that combo and has me rethinking my CTL 110’s that i had in my Cf16’s and then my MC KFTB’s

If they had the Smacwrap in the 110 weight. I'd be all over them. But I'm getting along with the Recoil 780 ES F4 86g shaft. And think the Smacwrap will help even more for me.

If they had the Smacwrap in the 110 weight. I'd be all over them. But I'm getting along with the Recoil 780 ES F4 86g shaft. And think the Smacwrap will help even more for me.

Im in no position to buy anything atm but man am i am living thru thr process with you guys atm and totally agree with 110 smacwrap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’m looking forward to getting these irons, when you hit one flush it has that great feeling of nothingness, if that makes sense... My only decision is do I wait for the Smoke finish or go Chrome...?

I’m looking forward to getting these irons, when you hit one flush it has that great feeling of nothingness, if that makes sense... My only decision is do I wait for the Smoke finish or go Chrome...?

I was impatient because I'm only down here in Arkansas thru the end of February and didn't want to miss to many rounds with them. But I did get the Black shafts. :clapp:

No, I’m ordering the Smoke finish. Stock have the Elevate 95’s or Catalyst 80’s. In my research and chatting with those who have played the Catalyst these could be a good fit for me.

Looking at the shaft options that are online, the only other contenders could be the ES 780 SmacWraps. I could order them and request a heavier swing weight

I never even thought about a heavier swing weight. :banghead:

I never even thought about a heavier swing weight. :banghead:

Went D3 in mine even with 104 Nippon’s not much change but like a heavier feel might have them redone to D4

Love me some Recoil. With SmacWrap being so light weight for shaft what swing weight would you go with?

Love me some Recoil. With SmacWrap being so light weight for shaft what swing weight would you go with?

They spec out according to the website at D0 for graphite, so I would want to get to at least D2.

Apex Pros are outstanding imo, profile is perfect, feel is great and have some forgiveness in a good looking package. They may get some time at some point this year.

I was able to hit both the Apex and Apex Pro this morning. For me and my swing, the standard Apex with the Elevate 95 stiff was absolute money. I could definitely feel the weight difference between it and my current gamers (i25 stock CFS stiff), but my tempo was much more consistent. The sound and feel was amazing, cant really describe it other than it felt like the ball was exploding off the face. MUCH more forgiving than my i25’s, which is what I need right now. Even on really bad miss hits, everything would have been playable on course. Going to get on the trackman tomorrow with a few more shaft combos to see what happens, but after today it looks like I’ll be be ordering a set REAL soon.

Ha, I didn't know you could request heavier swing weight. How does that work? Not lead tape, right..

Ha, I didn't know you could request heavier swing weight. How does that work? Not lead tape, right..

My guess is tungsten powder in the hosel, but no lead tape for sure

I have a Callaway CS guy that’s great with custom orders. If you want his direct contact information PM me.

b587a6f8cc1f29b9a7d5a6a2331bf111.jpg

Back