Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Fairway Wood Review

816 Alpha got the lions share of the tee duty yesterday on a really tight course and it was up for the challenge. Absolutely split a handful of fairways with it and even my few misses ended up between the tree line.
The flight I'm getting is so much fun - it penetrates and slowly climbs up to its apex before falling a little to the left.

Last edited:
My 816 3 wood remains the oldest club in my bag outside of my putter because it is a beast. The new Titleist fairway woods will get a chance to unseat it but it will be tough.

You know, I need to take this one out this week and hit it on the monitor next to my TEE, for old times sake.

This club has been a revelation to me. I read some great comments about it and bought one off of the Callaway pre-owned site on the cheap. It has been a fantastic 3 wood. It is just set to the standard settings and is lofted at 14.5. It is long and straight and great off of the tee or the fairway.

I hit one shot with this on the range today and that is all it took. I put it back in the bag and decided it will be the gamer again for 2021.

I may have to bring my 16* back out for the start of the season. It was one of my favourite all time fairways

Back