Callaway Diablo Edge Irons

Wow...good timing for a change! Thanks JB

Have you had a chance to hit them at the store? I havent hit them outside either but at the store I was pretty impressed with them. Like JB mentioned, for GI irons they are very solid. Hit the ball far and are easy to hit. I was gaming the G10's myself at the beginning of last year and would prefer any of the newer GI irons out now over the G10's. Thats not saying they arent good irons but the new ones out now are that good.

Anyone have any opinions on the Diablo Edge irons?I'm kind of torn between these and the Ping G15's.I don't have the chance to hit them outside,so I was hoping for some input from the THP family.

Yes G15's were significantly better for me when compared to Diablo Edge. Much better feel.

Yes G15's were significantly better for me when compared to Diablo Edge. Much better feel.

This is exactly why I always say that everybody should test out each club. I was the exact opposite. The G15s to me were quite harsh and were a full club shorter in distance.

Edge Tour Forged

Edge Tour Forged

I hit the Forged Diablos a few days ago. Wierd feel for a forged club. Very forgiving though.

I have 2 rounds now with a demo Edge 6-Iron, IMO the club is the most forgiving Callaway GI iron to date. High soft draw after high soft draw. The distance is greater then a normal 6 iron as the lofts are jacked but once you dial in the yardages that issue is insignificant.

I hit the 6 today at the mini indoor range at Golf Smith and I almost traded in my Burners. Very smooth off the face, hit high into the net, and easy to swing. I am going to have a hard time not selling my current set and picking these up.

I want to demo a full set off the grass first.

I know I am digging up an old thread, but does anyone know the difference between the Diablo Edge Irons and the Diablo Edge R Irons? I cant find it anywhere and the ole Father in Law called me asking.

Back