Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Also, I wanted to mention that the sound of the EF SZ TD on course wasn’t as noticeable or difficult to hear as it can sound on the range. I’m not sure if I was just kinda dialed in to what I was doing and just didn’t notice it as much, but perhaps more so that hitting a proper golf ball made a larger impact on the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the hunt for another shaft. I like my THCE in this one, but feel paired with this head I might be leaving some yards on the table. I have an Oban Hashimoto to plug in and the VA VYLYN is intriguing

I'm on the hunt for another shaft. I like my THCE in this one, but feel paired with this head I might be leaving some yards on the table. I have an Oban Hashimoto to plug in and the VA VYLYN is intriguing

Want to try hzrdus smoke? I have my THCE testor that’s not being used.

I got out on Thursday and and both the Sub Zero and the Standard flash. In short, my driver swing was trash and I struggled with both. Into the wind, the SZ performed better, but I didn't drive particularly well with either. Sounds like it's time for a driver lesson... especially considering the fact that I was blistering my 3W that day. It's definitely the swing, not the club. I didn't want to do to much tinkering with the weights before the lesson but I will definitely try adjusting the sliding weight again with my trainer.

Want to try hzrdus smoke? I have my THCE testor that’s not being used.

maybe, I'll let you know how the Hashimoto goes. A big part right now is my swing, and I have a feeling i'm not maximizing my potential. Going to see a pro soon and get back on track as I feel some old habits have creeped in.

I've been trying to drive a 280yd par 4 on the course I played yesterday for years and yesterday I finally did it, but the bad news is: 1) it was on the second ball I teed up out of disgust because I flubbed the conservative play I attempted (5i) and 2) it ended up on the back fringe LOL...okay that second part isn't really bad news but it was fun and frustrating to finally see that I can drive that sucker with a helping wind. The green is two tiers and the upper tier is about 4' higher than the lower, which makes it harder when the flag is up there, which is was. The ball landed short in a ridge and bounced high and rolled to the back right, would have had like 30-40' for eagle if it was my regulation shot. Wind-aided 290yd drive is big time for me and my 95-97mph swing but of course I didn't hit another one that well for the remaining 3 driver attempts. I should probably get a lesson or two. :D

This driver is so good.

I've been messing around with my G80 launch monitor these last few days and my Smash factor with Flash never dips below 1.48 even on iffy swings. Same story with the Flash 3 wood.

I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to "revolutionary tech" but Jailbreak and/or Flash face are the real effing deal.

Made it to the course this weekend and despite having little time to play this year, this EF SZ is just easy to swing. I felt like I hadn't missed a beat with it. I now have it set up to 8 degree loft with the weight slightly towards the toe and am hitting nice penetrating fades that are very controllable. I do think I will need to upgrade from the Smoke shaft as it feels slightly loose at times, but the performance seems spot on!

Squeezed in another 18 with the EF.

Here's my feedback: Boom

Accuracy also somewhat improved.

I can actually "step on" this driver somewhat and actually get better than average results.

My recent fitting numbers indicated an average carry gain of about 15 yards (prior gamer was a Rogue SZ).

I am an Arccos user. The numbers are absolutely consistent with this.

In all fairness--I was never fit into the Rogue SZ. Spin was way too low.

I probably would see positive gains from any number of non-low spin drivers out there.

That being said---my spin numbers were very low with many "regular" OEM heads and this one is absolutely a great fit for me.

I'd recommend exploring this via fitting for anyone considering a driver change.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well took the new driver out for the maiden voyage tonight and it didn't disappoint. I have the 9 degree head paired with the hazrdous smoke and I love everything about it. I don't mind a loud driver and coming from the Rogue I like this sound alot.

Started off with a 260ish yard drive right down the middle and hit it consistent on every other hole. Was getting it on the toe most shots but distance was still impressive as well as the ball holding the line.

I fought a fade with the rogue and this club doesn't have that tendency for me. Overall I am really impressed and didn't think the rogue could be beat but this one wins in every aspect for me.

I ordered the 3w without even hitting it just based on the driver experience.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Played in a 27 hole scramble the past weekend and the EF was fricken amazing. All my buddies carry single digit caps and I am usually the poorest driver of the group. Ever since getting the EF with the smoke shaft my driver game has been transformed. Something really clicks for me.

I would drive second or third and if we had one safe I would swing hard to try and really launch one. The PX smoke shaft was amazing and my buddies even noticed. They told me I was driving it better when I was swinging hard compared to my normal swing. One of my friends has an M5 and he swings much harder then I do, but I was keeping up with him. He outdrove me a couple times as he should but when I caught one good i was right there. I was and continue to be so impressed with this driver and my driver game. One of my favorite clubs to hit right now.

I haven't had a driver in a long time where I am excited to go to the course and hit it! Looking forward to taking the kiddo on Thursday!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still figuring out my driver swing but hit a couple good ones with the EF today. If only I could do this regularly...

0c6bb5a242c7e7e44c2fcebe78ee4087.jpg

I got to hit my recently aquired EF SZ today and I am not sure why alot of people say it sounds funny or load, I don't think so! That said I don't know if it is any longer than the Rogue Draw I hit but if did seem to get more height than the Rogue. I do think it is longer than the Ping G400 SFT but probably not by too much! I wanted to try the SZ version cause I am told that I have a high driver spin. I think it is a pretty good driver and will hit it for more rounds to get the feel of it!

Sometime I need to get it down to a monitor along with the Rogue Draw and the Ping G400 SFT and compare!

In league tonight we had a sustained 20mph wind and I hit a couple of drives that cut through the wind way better than any driver I can remember. It was actually a problem on one of the holes when I almost put it in a water hazard that I didn't think was in play. I guess that's a good problem but something I may have to adjust to this season.

Still loving my EF Sub Z. Hit an awesome drive of 275 yards into a 20-25 mph headwind. The low spin and launch of this thing is beyond incredible. Best driver ever! And the shaft ain’t too bad either (smoke)

I was the B player in our 2 man scramble, but over half my tee balls were used. Had a bunch of drives around 240-250y and a couple in the 270y territory. Even bad swings had playable results.

In the other twosome was a low handi I had played with 2 years ago. Back then he was consistently 30-40 yards ahead of me, but today that margin shrunk quite a bit. On average he outdrove me, but there were a handful where I was even or a few yards in front. Good strikes we were within 10y. Some of it was the ball, and a decent chunk of that is this being a fast driver and good fit.

Flash SZ was the best club in the bag today again for me. 5/7 fairways and the two I missed I went through the fairway.

Hit the Flash during a demo day at my club and compared it to my G400 max. The flash sounded dead to me and was flying lower. I normally play 9* and had to go to the 10.5* to get decent height. I played the Epic SZ for almost a season and loved that club, but the Flash just didn't do it for me. It's gonna take a lot to kick the G400 Max out of my bag.

I'm at the point with Epic Flash where I'm now just as dialed in with it as I was with my previous gamer prior to The Grandaddy. It's a great feeling being this dialed in with a driver. I'm pumping out great distance and I'm hitting fairways regularly while my terrible swings are staying in play. What more do you want?

That poor ball

I'm feeling as confident with the Flash SZ as with any driver I've had. It has been a marked improvement over the original SZ for me personally.

Little toey.

2c50f0092c2eb992b9e1ef183838cede.jpg

I’ll scream it again, the standard, TO ME, sounds SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the SZ.

Posted in the TS2/TS3 thread but may be appropriate here as well:

After about 3 weeks and 7 rounds with my TS2 driver, I have determined that my Epic Flash will be my full time gamer. It was a tough call, but ultimately my misses are much better with the Flash.

It was a fair fight, had the same shaft and grip on both.

This does not mean that the TS2 does not deliver, it certainly does. This is how the battle shook out:

Distance: Slight Advantage TS2 (about 5 yards on my best drives)
Mis Hits: Advantage Epic Flash (After not hitting the ball solid, Flash still delivers)
Dispersion: Advantage Epic Flash (I find the fairway or just miss with the Flash)
Ball Flight: Slight Advantage Epic Flash (mid to high with slight draw with Flash vs mid with a cut with the TS2)
Feel: Advantage TS2 (TS2 feels more solid)
Sound: Advantage TS2 (Ball is not muted off the face)
Look: Slight Advantage Epic Flash (I got a custom paint job on the Epic Flash ALL BLACK)

Ultimately the TS2 is a quality driver from a quality company, but finding the fairway is more important to me than more distance. Many of my golf partners have tested the TS2 and have also had positive feedback about this club. For now it will find its way into the golf bags of several of my friends for testing until it finds another golfer that it significantly helps.

Back