Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

That Smoke Yellow looks like it agrees with you. I consider myself a high spin player, and the sZ killed spin for me to the point of where it was hurting my carry distance. looks like it's working for you though.

What loft head did you try and which shaft?

I was spinning my previous driver over 3,500RPM and ended up with the 9 degree Sub-Zero head and the Evenflow Green shaft and gained 25+ yards as it brought both the launch and spin down to ideal conditions
Yet when I looked at the Evenflow Green shaft it is listed as a high launch / high spin shaft on the PX website, so I would never have thought to try that particular combo yet it worked for me

#GetFitted

I rented EF STD EPIC for the next couple of days.
I am leaving my Cobra F9 out to the right or hitting cuts.
I did not have this issue with my OG Epic.
On the CG report out there, the F9 CG is left of center while the Callaway's are heel side.

What loft head did you try and which shaft?

I was spinning my previous driver over 3,500RPM and ended up with the 9 degree Sub-Zero head and the Evenflow Green shaft and gained 25+ yards as it brought both the launch and spin down to ideal conditions
Yet when I looked at the Evenflow Green shaft it is listed as a high launch / high spin shaft on the PX website, so I would never have thought to try that particular combo yet it worked for me

#GetFitted

I tried the 9* and 10.5* head both using the HZRDUS Smoke, EF Green and my custom THCE shaft. The APW works really well, but with my negative AOA and swing flaws, I couldn’t get consistent spin in the upper 2000’s like I need. Low 2000 spin rate was not good for me.

I’ll admit it’s more swing than club, but I got better numbers with the regular Flash Head than the SZ.

Hit 13/14 fairway today, but more importantly I’m finding a little extra off the tee lately. A little tweak to the set up and swing has resulted in long tee shots (for me) averaging in the 260 range and my carry has picked up a few yards also.

As long as I don’t get lazy In my swing, good things are happening and I’m excited.

Last edited:
Hit my epic sZ yesterday during my round several times and love the forgiveness. Only one truly bad swing but it was late n the round and I was getting lazy. But then on 18 I hit one of the longest drives I could remember ... the low spin and forgiveness just work for my game. Very happy with this driver!

4 Rounds in the books with the Epic Flash. I'm finally getting out more this season. I'm extremely impressed with the Flash so far. I'll write up something more detailed soon. Overall, I'm shocked that my Epic lost this battle. I did not see that coming.

Hit 13/14 fairway today, but more importantly I’m finding a little extra off the tee lately. A little tweak to the set up and swing has resulted in long tee shots (for me) averaging in the 260 range and my carry has picked up a few yards also.

As long as I don’t get lazy In my swing, good things are happening and I’m excited.

My carry has gone up too. Nothing scientific, but eye test and results on the course. I’ve been 2 spots on my home course with this driver that I’ve only been 1 or 2 times ever. With only 3 rounds in at my home course. And I’ve done it during each round...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of note, it took off when I swapped out the smoke black shaft and went back to my regular 6.5 black..... I think the smoke was too soft for me.

My carry has gone up too. Nothing scientific, but eye test and results on the course. I’ve been 2 spots on my home course with this driver that I’ve only been 1 or 2 times ever. With only 3 rounds in at my home course. And I’ve done it during each round...

Same here Tim. I’ve checked a few to make sure I was truly seeing a gain because I was in spots on some holes that I’ve never been. It also shows up on the yardages left for my second shots. I was used to hitting a certain number and it feels good to hit a club or two less now.

Last edited:
Same here Tim. I’ve chatted a few to make sure I was truly seeing a gain because I was in spots on some holes that I’ve never been. It also shows up on the yardages left for my second shots. I was used to hitting a certain number and it feels good to hit a club or two less now.

It’s legit dude. I think my launch is up too. Which would make sense with what I’m seeing. I’m super impressed. Glad you’re seeing the same thing my man!

Damn, man, that must feel fantastic. I'll probably never hit that many greens in one round...unless you teach me in Tahoe.

It's been awhile but I had a lot of fun hitting the Flash today. I hit 5 fairways with another just missing but was seeing some great distance. I continue to be impressed with that heel side forgiveness, it's saved my butt quite a bit this season.

Was away on vacation and was able to play a course I played in the past last week, which was nice because I did have a little knowledge on where to hit and miss each hole. Before the round, I went to the range and toyed with the weight on the head. Kept
The driver in D/S but moves the weight about .5-.75 inch up from the draw side. I lost my hook miss and occasional draw but saw the fade creep back into place. What was nice was the fade only turned into a slice on holes with a huge gust left to right. Was 5/10 on fairways hit with the driver which put a huge smile on my face as I can’t remember the last time I was 50% on fairways (was 7/14 overall). Was getting great yardage on all my shots and my dad was just loving the sound the club made. He’s been toying with getting a new driver (currently has a RAZR Hawk), and asked to hit my club on the last two holes after his first shot to compare. Was 25-30 years farther each time, so he’s officially in ponder mode right now.

Was probably my best round with a driver yet this year and gave me much more confidence knowing I lost the left miss during the round so aiming left fairway worked exceptionally well. Any fade left me in the fairway still and I had one shot on the 18th that put me barely in the rough on the right. I just need to commit to fully turning my hands over and not letting up on the swing speed which I have been known to do.

If anyone has played the Rogue driver that moved into the Flash hoping someone can help answer my question.

I really like how the Flash sits at address in the +2/D setting. I like how the D setting helps make the lie more upright and even at plus 2* the face doesn't appear overly closed.
Does anyone know if the Rogue looks similarly at address in that setting?

I'm going to slide the weight back to a slight fade bias before I play on Thursday. I'm really struggling with the driver right now and I had forgotten that I moved it to a slight draw position a few weeks back.

If anyone has played the Rogue driver that moved into the Flash hoping someone can help answer my question.

I really like how the Flash sits at address in the +2/D setting. I like how the D setting helps make the lie more upright and even at plus 2* the face doesn't appear overly closed.
Does anyone know if the Rogue looks similarly at address in that setting?
From what I remember, they are both similar. I don't know that I ever had it in +2 though. Had it plus one for a while and the Flash is very similar in that it does not seem to close the face by much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After having a hot garbage swing this weekend I took to my warmup for league with the goal of swinging smooth and finding a good tempo. They weren’t all fantastic but between warmup and my league nine I was able to stretch three out past 280 including this downwind beaut where I cut the corner on a dogleg par 5.

87366cca11fa069600c15933fa9e13f1.jpg

Had a beautiful range session with the Flash SZ. I bought a HZRDUS Yellow for dirt cheap with plans of cutting it down to 44.5" and adding a bunch of weight to the head. I was absolutely striping this thing.

Working on drawing the ball of the tee. Set it to +1 to close the face a bit in the draw setting. For some reason, my ball flight was lower but had that sweet sweet draw I've been looking for. Really excited to get out for my next round with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Even though the operator is causing some headaches, I am still just amazed at the distances I am getting from this driver on mishits. My HC has dropped from 14.6 to 11.7 since I was fit into this equipment in December!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

First time not playing this weekend in quite a while, but walked 4 days scoring for the Ellie Mae Classic (Korn Ferry tour event) and of the 8 players I walked with, 4 had Epic Flash Drivers in the bag (couldn't tell how many had SZ or standard) and only 1 of them had a Callaway bag. Pretty impressive that these guys who are trying to grind it out to get to the big show choose this driver

I was getting the high pitched sound today at the range. I appreciated the feedback letting me know I was miles away from the center.

I caught one nicely and it flew to the 247 marker, which is extremely good for me, much less me with this wonky swing and range balls.

Last edited:
Still loving this club. My playing partner commented on the sound. He said he loved it and wanted to get one after I let him hit mine on a couple of holes.

Ordering an Epic Flash 10.5 with Evenflow Green 55 R shaft. Can't wait to take it out on the course.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

After having a hot garbage swing this weekend I took to my warmup for league with the goal of swinging smooth and finding a good tempo. They weren’t all fantastic but between warmup and my league nine I was able to stretch three out past 280 including this downwind beaut where I cut the corner on a dogleg par 5.

87366cca11fa069600c15933fa9e13f1.jpg

Monster hit!
This club has been money for me - Already longer that Rogue with Hard Pan August and September coming up.
It's so consistent
Hit 11/14 Fairways on Saturday and two missed by inches.

First time not playing this weekend in quite a while, but walked 4 days scoring for the Ellie Mae Classic (Korn Ferry tour event) and of the 8 players I walked with, 4 had Epic Flash Drivers in the bag (couldn't tell how many had SZ or standard) and only 1 of them had a Callaway bag. Pretty impressive that these guys who are trying to grind it out to get to the big show choose this driver

How was it watching these guys strike the ball?

Back