Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Jailbreak was amazing but this is a persimmon to metal moment for driver tech.

Would y'all stop it, my wallet is begging you. I just want to be able to wait until I can buy a head only for 200-250. You guys are making this difficult.

Hearing that it is really good with the high toe miss makes me more excited for this.

Just had an extremely positive CS email exchange with Callaway. Blew away my expectations. I’ll put up a thread once everything’s final (and I have the Epic Flash driver) but it’s the second time I ask them for help with something and they go beyond what I ask for. It’s no surprise they have such a loyal customer base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just based on my limited experience so far I think the spin profiles are pretty similar. It may be lower or higher but not by enough to make a huge difference.
Between the two models, spin should really only move 300-500 RPM's in my understanding.

Between the two models, spin should really only move 300-500 RPM's in my understanding.

500 RPM difference is massive. That's the same basic difference between the highest and lowest heads, irregardless of manufacturer. 300 is even markedly different.

I fight the spin monster and if I knew for 100% fact that a driver head would cut my spin by 500 RPM's, I'd buy it sight unseen and have 3 backups.

Just wanted to give the Grandaddy guys a huge shoutout for their thoughts in this thread. The tech story is very cool, and your adventures with the clubs so far were a blast to read!

I cannot wait to try one for myself.
Thanks, Dan! Looking forward to your thoughts when you get the chance to hit some Canabombs with it!

Anyone have any feedback on how the EvenFlow Green performs/feels in these heads?
EF Green feels great to me. I have the 55 stiff in my driver and 65 stiff in my 3wd. My initial thoughts are back on post #50 of this thread: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...Zero-Drivers?p=5978206&viewfull=1#post5978206

I think that’s the spin difference between standard Flash and Sub Zero.

So for the ones who hit the two drivers during the fitting, was the Sub Zero louder than the standard Flash? That’s what I’ve heard from the YouTube reviews.

Not a negative but just seems to be unexpected.

I think that’s the spin difference between standard Flash and Sub Zero.

So for the ones who hit the two drivers during the fitting, was the Sub Zero louder than the standard Flash? That’s what I’ve heard from the YouTube reviews.

Not a negative but just seems to be unexpected.

It's definitely more pronounced. I noticed it when I played with Luke. If course he swings like it's Thor's hammer, but still it is a noticeable difference.

Curious about my transition from EF Blue to Green.... if I bite the bullet!

I’m looking and it appears they are both Mid/Mid offerings so launch and spin shouldn’t differ much. The only difference I see is that the Green has a stiffer mid section for stability and that would make sense given the lighter weight offerings.

Any ideas if the heavier even flow green will be available as stock?

Is the fade bias in the sz epic flash similar to the original epic and rogue? Personally, the head shape in the sz is much better, sadly the ball flight isn't :(

Grandaddy folk are certainly kicking ass with the job of keeping us updated.

If I didn't know how this place worked I'd swear they were Callaway Salesman. Since I do know that this place is based on honest reviews from honest folks, I'm past the pondering mode on an Epic Flash SZ. I'm now at the foaming at the mouth and must have it phase!

I don't need another driver. I have pretty much everything released in the last 5 years and I'll soon have an Epic Flash SZ. I'm even pondering changing the adapters in my best/most favorite shaft before even getting the club just so I can use it IMMEDIATELY upon getting the club. That's pretty much my only ponder. I will own this club very soon after release. Wavy gravy face and all. AI-what a crazy idea that seems to be working out stupidly well.

My thoughts on the color scheme. Don't care. The thing could be hot pink and fluorescent orange. If it performs as advertised, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me. I have pretty clubs that I can't hit. I have ugly clubs that perform well. The pretty ones that can't perform are in the "bad club" corner of my garage while the ugly ones that work are in my #1 bag. I'm not saying it's ugly, personally I kind of like it, I'm just saying I don't care either way.

So anxious to hit this club!

Any ideas if the heavier even flow green will be available as stock?

Doesn’t appear to be. I wish the 60 was offered bc that would fit the weight profile I like better.

Is the fade bias in the sz epic flash similar to the original epic and rogue? Personally, the head shape in the sz is much better, sadly the ball flight isn't :(

It's a shame my internet golfing friend. Since you are in the Southern Hemisphere, what would be a nice draw in the northern hemisphere, becomes a slice in the southern. Similar effect as to why the toilet swirls the opposite way.

I think I learned that in science class? ?

Doesn’t appear to be. I wish the 60 was offered bc that would fit the weight profile I like better.

Kind of crazy to think that we're talking about 60 being the heavier option. Shafts have come a LONG way in the last 20 years.

Don’t you have a custom 1 of 1 handcrafted?

Don’t you have a custom 1 of 1 handcrafted?

Yes sir, and built off the Even Flow Blue. It will be in the Flash, but was just wanting weight to be similar to compare.

I still haven’t received the LA Golf Shaft to review which isn’t a big deal but now I’m really considering getting an OptiFit adapter for it so I can try it with the Epic Flash. That could be a very deadly combo!

poked around the interwebz and starting to get a little less interested in switching to this driver. the spin might be too low for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

poked around the interwebz and starting to get a little less interested in switching to this driver. the spin might be too low for me.

Isnt that related to loft? Lofting up adds spin and launch

you gotta stop poking around the interwebz lol its a dangerous place. Get one in your hands, tinker around a bit and then make the decision for yourself. Seems like the online community is 45-45-10 on Callaway right now. Some love it, some love to hate it and theres that 10% that are trying to find valid info on the product because theyre curious. But no one is a better judge for your fit than you

I'm pretty low spin with the driver, and I haven't seen an issue with the Flash at all.

Back