Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

You were carrying range balls 275 at 7° launch? You gotta relax dude.

I had a burrito...I was supercharged.

The 5w was messing with my mind. 255-260 carry

What sort of sort of crack infused, Red Bull sauced burrito was this?

come back to SD and we will tell you.
92efd68a84eb58cf9b268f42fec59cbd.gif

I'll have whatever Shred is having, please. Thank you.

Put my 12 into my little sophomore #2’s bag today with an old PX 6.0 55g in it to replace the ST180 12* he was playing until I can bore out the broken shaft from the adapter and...

I don’t think I can take this one back. He’s like a kid at Christmas.

Put my 12 into my little sophomore #2’s bag today with an old PX 6.0 55g in it to replace the ST180 12* he was playing until I can bore out the broken shaft from the adapter and...

And a deal has been struck. He shoots 76 or better both rounds at regionals on Monday, the driver is 1000% his to have.

And a deal has been struck. He shoots 76 or better both rounds at regionals on Monday, the driver is 1000% his to have.

I let my buddy hit mine a few weeks ago. He always hits it further than me anyway. He has an older TaylorMade of some sort. I'm not sure how much farther he hit than his average good drive, but he piped his longest of the day by far and was way past my good drive. I didn't let him hit it again LOL!

These drivers are a bit like an old saying I heard about pizza. Even when it's bad it's still pretty good. When I pipe one it's obvious the Epic Flash will go. I could probably get a few more yards out of the Sub-Zero but the forgiveness of the Flash is ridiculous. I just feel like I am going to be in play when I stand up to the ball on the tee box. I also know when it's time to let one rip it's going to go. I really like this driver a lot. I think Callaway is going to have an extremely hard time topping this driver next year, but I look forward to seeing them try!!!

Tracking my driver shootout in another thread, but took the EF to the range with a couple other drivers for the second evaluation yesterday afternoon. Forgiveness on mishits continues to shine on this one. As I was tinkering through some different shafts and configuration options I think I hit the sweet spot at 9.5˚ with the HC HZRDUS Yellow. My swing speed is starting to get back to where I want to see it so I got some pretty good numbers yesterday. Long of 249 carry, which is pretty darn long for me. Add that with the rollout I should see from lofting down (been playing 11.5˚), and I could get myself into some interesting places. Still need to get it on course to see how it fairs against my current gamer, but the potential is definitely there with this one.

I know it was a contentious topic for a while, but the sound on this one hasn't really bothered me at all. Sure I've hit drivers that I liked the sound of better, but it's nowhere near offensive. Certainly nothing that would prevent me from gaming it.

Pretty sweet deal...hopefully he rises to the ocassion!

So after hitting range balls tonight I can now see why some people thought the Epic Flash had a horrible sound. My first shot with a range ball made me absolutely cringe! This thing is loud when you are hitting rocks like those range balls. Once I got on the course with my Chrome Soft it was back to normal and the sound didn't bother me bit.

One of my playing partners was hitting beside me on the range with a G400 and it didn't sound anywhere near as bad. On the course though I thought my Flash sounded better than the G400.

So word for the wise, if you are demoing a Flash and hitting a hard ball it may turn you off. If you are playing a softer ball it's going to make a HUGE difference, at least in my experience tonight.

I had a good bit small range session with the SZ and some crappy Pinnacle range specials this afternoon. N, -1 setting with the APW all the way to the toe. I only hit one truly terrible, awful, bad shot out of 15 or so balls. It was a heel hook that was well and truly smothered. Another was struck well and started on line but finished way the F left. Another couple were pushed but struck decently and would’ve been playable. I had 6-7 that were hit as well as I can remember hitting a driver. I didn't hear them or feel them. Started on line with good height and a little draw. The rest were very good by my last couple of years driver standards but off center just a hair or two.

You do so much for those kids. I’ll bet they really love you. It is really neat.

You do so much for those kids. I’ll bet they really love you. It is really neat.

I love em. It’s amazing helping someone get better at this game, then years later having them come back and want to go have a round with you.

Make no mistake though, he doesn’t hit his goal, I’m
Taking the damn driver back lmao

So after hitting range balls tonight I can now see why some people thought the Epic Flash had a horrible sound. My first shot with a range ball made me absolutely cringe! This thing is loud when you are hitting rocks like those range balls. Once I got on the course with my Chrome Soft it was back to normal and the sound didn't bother me bit.

One of my playing partners was hitting beside me on the range with a G400 and it didn't sound anywhere near as bad. On the course though I thought my Flash sounded better than the G400.

So word for the wise, if you are demoing a Flash and hitting a hard ball it may turn you off. If you are playing a softer ball it's going to make a HUGE difference, at least in my experience tonight.
That is exactly my experience.

This makes so much damn sense I am mad I didn't figure it out myself. When I hit this in my fitting it was not nearly the loudest driver I hit (we used z stars) and on the course the sound never bothers me but at the range even with headphones it will give me a jolt, especially when hit away from where the sliding weight is located....

Thank you for solving this mystery for me!

534ecbd59f00b9c352bd44d15c605c0a.jpg

Trying out a little extra sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

534ecbd59f00b9c352bd44d15c605c0a.jpg

Trying out a little extra sauce.

Animal style triple black diamond?? I LOVE IT!!
#internetgolfer

That probably explains why I haven't run into the issue. I had going to the driving range and I prefer to just play 9 holes with my gamer. Might hit 3 or 4 tee shots if it no one is behind me. I love the sound.

I was an abhorrent mess today, but the ef is producing a whole lot more than what I’m inputting. Miss is pretty much a straight pull which works on most holes.

Still getting a high ball flight, but strong distance except for into the wind where I think the ball selection is also hurting me.

Drove it through a green on a (quite a bit) downwind 285y short par 4. It’s a little bit silly for those that have played with me before. This was probably the one aspect of my game that was respectable today.

Back