Just grabbed a lefty like new Epic Super 3 Hybrid on CPO for $145, after my trade in will be less than $50. Need something between my 3 wood and 4 hybrid. Hope this works, price is amazing.

Just got my 3 and 5 today from CPO. So far those shafts feel pretty wobbly compared to my old aldila synergy I had in my old rogue. Not sure if I'll be keeping it.

Merry Christmas to me! 3H arrived, looks great. Here it is next to my Epic Flash 4H, Epic Super Hybrid on right is alot bigger than the Flash hybrid even though hard to see that in pic. Makes me think I’d only need one Super Hybrid as I’d want to keep the smaller 4H head for options.

A86601E9-0107-46E1-B8B1-DF15AAA39ED4.jpeg
A3F05774-E266-4DD8-A374-DB8BE2ECFC26.jpeg

I can't wait to get mine that @goalie sent. It's still on it's way. I've read through this thread twice now 😂

I’m officially Callaway nuts.

Just ordered the Epic Super Hybrid 4H at $145 to match up with my new Epic Super Hybrid 3H that I haven’t even hit yet. Just like the look and price, I’ll go from there. 😀

Weather was 55* today in RI, got released at work at 2PM and jumped to the driving range to finally hit my 3H.

I’m floored by how well it went, absolutely floored. Started out with my Epic Flash 4H to warm up, then to the SH 3H. High and long and massive forgiveness. So glad I also grabbed the 4H other day which hasn’t arrived yet, but these could be game changers for my bag.

I went back and forth from the 4H and this club to see differences. Just so much forgiveness, can’t wait until tomorrow and Sunday. Weather is warm and course is open.

Played 9 holes today in cold and misty rain. This damn Super 3 Hybrid is unreal. Already my favorite club, I freaking love it.

DA363514-6E7D-4108-AC0C-5D3364839DF4.jpeg

Super 3H on right, Super 4H on left. 4H still a virgin, need to hit it. If it’s like the 3H, high bombs coming into greens and off the tee on short Par 4’s.

Last edited:
View attachment 9150286

Super 3H on right, Super 4H on left. 4H still a virgin, need to hit it. If it’s like the 3H, high bombs coming into greens and off the tee on short Par 5’s.
Man these are sooo good. I have the 2 hybrid as top club behind my driver. It's just money. Fairway finder off the tee and can hit it comfortably off the deck. At that price it's just an absolute steal. Can't wait to see what you think of the 4 as I've thought about that to replace my 4 iron.

I hit the 3h for the first time and I'm liking these numbers! Not to figure out how to gap it with my other clubs... I will most likely pull my 5i and figure out the top again.

Screenshot_20230113-093207.jpg

After spending some time with this, I'm pondering a shaft change. I feel like the regular steelfiber 75 in it is a bit too whippy for me to hit on a consistent basis. I'm gravitating towards stiffer profiles in general on my clubs.

Would like to have something mid-high spin and launch. I currently have the 3h at +2/N setting, and it's gapping between 5w and 5i-6i.

So any ideas or recommendations? I've pondered for example Recoil Dart 75 or F4, MMT 80, Tensei Silver 70 or Project X Catalyst 70/75.

I just grabbed the 2 super hybrid today on callaway preowned. $142 shipped after using a free shipping code. Such a good deal.

I forgot to add to to this thread. Played 9 holes last Sunday and was able to play like 3-4 balls alot holes by myself. No one out there. These Super hybrids are incredible. High and straight, absolutely love them. Can't wait till the season begins.

If you have the original Super Hybrid is it worth the upgrade to the Epic Super Hybrid? Are there noticeable differences? Is one more fade biased than the other?

Saw on IG that it looks like there might be a refresh of this club coming soon.
Excited to see the new tech, not excited on what the pricing will be....

Responding to a comment from @JB on the WGP -
I was struggling with the TSR1 Fairway Wood and Hybrids and went back to these ESH.
I now bag a 2,3,4,5 Epic Super Hybrids.
The 2 has a VA Raijan 2.0 Hybrid shaft in it and the balance VA Nemesys Hybrid Shafts.
Complete changed my game for the better and started to drop my scores.
I'm excited and concerned from my pocket book when the new release comes out, Can they get over $400 a piece? (I'm guessing $425.00)
I've gotten close to Driver ball speed on the 2H.
These things are real monsters.

I'm still hitting the 3h really well. I'm just struggling to gap it currently with the 4h and 5w around it. Tinkering will continue, as I really don't want this to be the one to give way.

Responding to a comment from @JB on the WGP -
I was struggling with the TSR1 Fairway Wood and Hybrids and went back to these ESH.
I now bag a 2,3,4,5 Epic Super Hybrids.
The 2 has a VA Raijan 2.0 Hybrid shaft in it and the balance VA Nemesys Hybrid Shafts.
Complete changed my game for the better and started to drop my scores.
I'm excited and concerned from my pocket book when the new release comes out, Can they get over $400 a piece? (I'm guessing $425.00)
I've gotten close to Driver ball speed on the 2H.
These things are real monsters.
That's a great hybrid setup!

This was a rocket launcher on good hit but I just didn't mesh with it very well to have the consistency I wanted. That very well could have been the shaft and I wish I would have tried a different one with it. I gave it to a friend who really liked it.

I think I heard a rumor these Epic Super Hybrids are gonna be refreshed soon? I love my 3H and 4H, great clubs.

August........new version is being released.
Anxious to see how they look, and at what price point.

Anybody have this in a five hybrid? If so I'm curious to know what distance you hit it relative to your five iron.

Additionally if anybody has tested the steel fiber shaft how stiff is it? I usually can play a stiff shaft but still manage well with a regular. I know in the past steel fiber chefs had a tendency to play on the stiff side. Do you think the regular shaft will play much softer?

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Back