Callaway Great Big Bertha Week

Hope it's a THPer that wins though! Selfishly I very much want it haha, but I'd be happy for any THPer to snag one of those beauties.

exactly my thoughts, this driver looks legit!

Damn, Callaway is just killing it with the content this week. So much info. And right after I made a promise not to buy any clubs until the first of the year

I see that Finley will be going on before Rhi. I think it's because he knows he can't follow her awesomeness.

Thanks to all for the feedback on the article. Frankly I was pretty surprised by the gains in the fitting. One thing I had been noticing before was I wasn't getting a lot of rollout with my driver. I wouldn't say it was ballooning, but it would come down and probably rollout about 5 yards max. That was probably because spin was close to 2900 rpm. With the new setting the ball flight visual to my eye is definitely lower, which I'm not used to, but when I get to my ball, it is up much farther than I'm expecting. I think I'm getting about 15 yards of roll right now depending on the situation.

The other thing that was surprising was the jump in Smash Factor. A jump from 94% efficiency to 97% efficiency is big. R.Moto face delivering big ball speed gains!

Anyway, I'd be happy to answer any questions about my fitting. If you want to read more, here is a link to the original article. AJ updated it with all of the launch monitor data. http://cmp.callawaygolf.com/2015/08/17/how-i-left-no-yard-behind-w-gbb-a-custom-fitting-story/

Enjoy #GBBWeek!
Great read Dave. Thanks for posting the link here. I was fortunate enough to be fit by Ross two years ago. He wasn't so fortunate with his student. Ha

I hope to get back out there sometime soon for another one with this beauty.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Did I miss it before, or is the Loyalty program on Callaway's website new? I found it signing up for the #GBB contests. It looks to be a pretty neat way to pickup free accessories and balls.

I was curious when it started because I just brought XR Pro irons, and BBA 815 woods through them and was curious if I could have those points.

I see that Finley will be going on before Rhi. I think it's because he knows he can't follow her awesomeness.

Always have to know how to best set yourself up for success.

Like picking the right playing partners in certain events?

That is all part of it is it not? Don't hate the strategy, just try and change the outcome.

This pic is so cool to me. First time I can remember seeing what the R MOTO tech looks like on the inside.

5dDpome.png

http://cmp.callawaygolf.com/2015/08...-our-new-rmoto-face-gets-you-more-ball-speed/

That is all part of it is it not? Don't hate the strategy, just try and change the outcome.
Losers 'try', winners 'do'...at least that's what someone told me long ago :)

You guys are doing a great job this week with the release. Well done.

I have the Fuji Pro 53 Stiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the same from you BBA 815, or did this fitting put you in a different shaft. If you switched, what did you previously game?1

what a week!!!

also guys, they extended the driver giveaway until 11PM PST tonight... not too late for a THPer to win it!

I have the Fuji Pro 53 Stiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell yes! I have heard nothing but good things about that shaft and specifically have been looking for someone that has played that shaft get some info about it. Care to share your experience with #GBB and Fuji Pro 53?

I enjoyed her write up, as well as the giraffe headcover. For some reason it amused me seeing it buckled in

I enjoyed her write up, as well as the giraffe headcover. For some reason it amused me seeing it buckled in
That gave me a good chuckle.

Rhi's article was great. She's obviously very fond of the new line and just solidifies how badly i want to try them.

Ran a trade scenario. 2 xhot fairways and my current driver for a gbb at only (!) $175... should be a no brainer, right?

Ran a trade scenario. 2 xhot fairways and my current driver for a gbb at only (!) $175... should be a no brainer, right?
Lol! I did the same thing and have a gift card to GG. Would leave me with $120. Hmmmm

Back