I love the Full Toe, still tossing around the idea of getting one in 54° too.
I’m thinking I might go that route as well, but I’m finding new ways to use the 54* X grind.

I’m thinking I might go that route as well, but I’m finding new ways to use the 54* X grind.
I love my 54,58. I’m pretty tempted to get a 50 to see how it would fit in.

I love my 54,58. I’m pretty tempted to get a 50 to see how it would fit in.
What grinds did you go with? Are you using for various shot types or full swings?

What grinds did you go with? Are you using for various shot types or full swings?
S. 54 I’ve used for various ranges from 50-90. 58 I‘ve used for a lot of 50 and in shots to try to fling in up in the air and just stick it. I’ve kept everything about 3/4 or less on the swing. I would say right now my highest comfort level is with the 54. I feel like you can hit pretty much any shot you’d need within 100 yards.

After @JohnnyCallaway recommended the X grind last year, I went with that for my 58° Jaws Raw for bunker shots.

This club is magic for me around the green side bunkers. The X grind is perfect for my swing! Had 4 bunker shots in one round and they all came out just how I saw them. Perfect 🔥

Has anyone tried both the x and Z? I’m thinking of going from a 58X to a 58Z.

Freaking amazing day with the Jaws Raw out on the course today. I was hitting all sorts of shots…out of one bunker, flops shots and one skip and stoppers. I absolutely love the 54X and 58J.

I didn’t try the X grind. I have the Z in my 58*. Very happy with it. Easy to get out of bunkers, it’s versatile.

I am ready for winter to end though. I’m over the dormant Bermuda and thin, wet lies around the green.

Wedges were maybe the part of the bag that I was mose worried about during ECPC fittings during The Grandaddy.

My last foray into Callaway wedges was a Mackdaddy 3 wedge ages ago, and it didn't go well. There was just something about it that didn't agree with my swing, more shanks than I could stand with the MD3.

Working with the Jaws Raw on the launch monitor and on sim golf, I keep being surprised at how well I swing the 50° and 54°.

On course at The Hideaway, I sill think about the first time I hit the 58° out of the sand, the 50° that I threw at a pin over a water hazard, and the 54° I hit off the silliest stance, choked down with the ball almost at waist height. All shots where I had no idea how I ended up with results that were as good as they were.

It was definitely strange looking at those raw faces, even after only 2 rounds and some off-time, and seeing how much the finish had changed in appearance. I don't know that I am a huge fan of the overall look when the face gets like that, but do appreciate that it only took a quick brushing to get the face looking more uniform again (sacrilage I know).

Really looking forward to seeing how work with the wedges during the offseason is going to translate to the course again!

I played the 58X before going to the 58Z. The X was awesome from soft traps for me. Point and shoot. I struggled with it from tight lies and some of the lies we get here where the ball settles on the dirt in between grass patches. I’ve found that the Z plays better for me in those conditions and added a higher bounce 54 for fluffy traps. This setup gives me more options. Plus the Z is great for firm traps or those that are basically just dirt.

Don’t sleep on the J Grind in the 58. I was so against a full toe wedge and two months later I look forward to being able to pull it out of the bag for the next shot.

IMG_8568.jpegI put a little too much spin on this 58*. Pin was at the back of the green, which sloped from back to front so once it started spinning back it was going to be hard to stop.

Sadly my course closed the range so couldn’t get some work with everything after being out of practice from winter and two weeks of covid. Had some awful hits which wasn’t surprising but had some nice wedge shots with my 54 including a 100 wedge that landed over the pin and with a 6ft back spinned to under the hole. Pretty freaking cool. Wedge game is gonna be rusty but once I get back to form I’m really optimistic I’ll be back to the form I was mid winter in my practice.

After @JohnnyCallaway recommended the X grind last year, I went with that for my 58° Jaws Raw for bunker shots.

This club is magic for me around the green side bunkers. The X grind is perfect for my swing! Had 4 bunker shots in one round and they all came out just how I saw them. Perfect 🔥
Gotta say, just love these wedges, especially my 58° with the X grind. Had 2 flops and a green side bunker shot yesterday that came out just like I wanted them!

Perfect wedge for me

The Full Toe 58J is such a solid wedge around the greens. It's taken a lot of fear out of shots where I need to loft it over something to get on the green, and is like magic for those short-sided touch shots out of the rough. I use a lot of little toe-down chips for those kind of shots, and having the extra real estate on the face is great for them.

Chipped one in from 10 yds today with my 62*8Z grind. Also pitched a couple within 2ish feet with the 62*08Z grind.

That leading edge skid plate is just amazing!

Such great wedges!

I think wedges can be a finnicky thing for a lot of players, especially if you are used to a certain company's offerings. Sometimes subtle changes in a wedge can throw people for a complete loop..... or maybe it is just me lol.

Over the years I have really only ever played Cleveland wedges, with a bit of Callaway sprinkled in (in the form of a Mackdaddy 3). So I was pretty hesitant in December to start bagging an entire new setup of wedges, from Callaway who I hadn't used in some time.

So far I am really encouraged by my results coming from the Jaws Raw wedges that are in my bag. Even with it being indoors only so far, I have been putting in the reps with the 50*/54*/58* in S grinds, and feel really comfortable with them so far. No shanks, no shots off the hosel, just really solid contact. I've been really working on chipping and pitching on the GC3, in an attempt to figure out distances, to hit the ground running once things thaw out up here.

Soon we will see how all the work translates to actual golf, and it has me really excited for the start of the season!

What about everyone else? What wedge setup are you going to start the season with?

I think wedges can be a finnicky thing for a lot of players, especially if you are used to a certain company's offerings. Sometimes subtle changes in a wedge can throw people for a complete loop..... or maybe it is just me lol.

Over the years I have really only ever played Cleveland wedges, with a bit of Callaway sprinkled in (in the form of a Mackdaddy 3). So I was pretty hesitant in December to start bagging an entire new setup of wedges, from Callaway who I hadn't used in some time.

So far I am really encouraged by my results coming from the Jaws Raw wedges that are in my bag. Even with it being indoors only so far, I have been putting in the reps with the 50*/54*/58* in S grinds, and feel really comfortable with them so far. No shanks, no shots off the hosel, just really solid contact. I've been really working on chipping and pitching on the GC3, in an attempt to figure out distances, to hit the ground running once things thaw out up here.

Soon we will see how all the work translates to actual golf, and it has me really excited for the start of the season!

What about everyone else? What wedge setup are you going to start the season with?
Im working with the 56 and 62 in this line currently. So far I am enjoying them more than I expected. Its been good. Goat Cup next week should be a nice test.

I stayed with the 54S and Full Toe 58J, which is what I had in my previous set. I'm comfortable with them and like what I get from them, so no need to change. The S is a great general purpose grind and the J has the versatility for the touchy stuff around the green.

I stayed with the 54S and Full Toe 58J, which is what I had in my previous set. I'm comfortable with them and like what I get from them, so no need to change. The S is a great general purpose grind and the J has the versatility for the touchy stuff around the green.
I wish I had talked to the fitters more about the different grinds, but I feel like we needed much more than an hour to dive down that rabbit hole.

I went with the S grinds on their suggestion, more for my desire to have something good overall, and not wanting to dive deep into manipulating the head for different outcomes.

I wish I had talked to the fitters more about the different grinds, but I feel like we needed much more than an hour to dive down that rabbit hole.

I went with the S grinds on their suggestion, more for my desire to have something good overall, and not wanting to dive deep into manipulating the head for different outcomes.
We ran out of time in my fitting to spend much time on wedges too, and like you, I could have easily spent another hour playing with the different options. I told him what I was currently playing, he asked me a few questions and said it sounded good, so that's what we went with.

The S grind is a great choice for somebody who doesn't play around with manipulating the club face a lot. You can open it up or hood it a bit, but it wouldn't be my first choice for somebody who likes to play high lobs/flops with the face wide open.

I didn't think I would like the raw finish, but it is really starting to grow on me. I have been spending a lot of time at the chipping green by my office and these are great wedges. I had not played a Callaway wedge in years until this year and they feel good. The 54 with W grind is my favorite between the two grinds

I'm currently playing the 54 and 58 in my bag. I'm giving them a run. I've only played a couple times, but so far they are playing well. I'm liking them

Running with the C grind in both my wedges, I decided to get a Z grind also to test out and compare the differences between the C and the Z. Either way I am delightfully surprised at how easy of transition from the SMS wedge to the JAWS was. I was not expecting that to happen.

The 58z grind was back in form with my chipping Sunday. I had been getting too handsy in my chips and not using the bounce. Made the adjustment and my chipping was back solid with this

Back