Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Moved weight back. Sound is much better. Driver is inconsistent at best. Need 5 or so more rounds to decide if it stays or goes.

My M6 is point and shoot, so we'll see what the future holds.

Driver has been such a key factor for me this year after switching to the Mavrik.

Not to say I still don't hook some into water...But I love how I can hit a drive off the toe, it feels horrible but it somehow finds a fairway and I have 160 out. A poor drive and I still have a 7iron in my hand, that's huge. The left to right miss is very nonexistent unless I purposely release the club last to prevent going left due to potential danger.
I caught one out toward the toe today, immediately went "Aaggghhhh!" when I hit it. 252 yards, according to Garmin. This driver continues to amaze me with its forgiveness.

I finally pulled the trigger on a Mavrik SZ to replace my 3.5 year old Epic SZ. I honestly haven’t hit it even though our club has a bunch of Mavrik demo drivers. I have a handful of driver shafts with the Callaway adapter so I’m sure I will be able to get it dialed in.

A7F8B020-C588-48B0-BB46-64A2A78A5CCD.jpeg

I finally pulled the trigger on a Mavrik SZ to replace my 3.5 year old Epic SZ. I honestly haven’t hit it even though our club has a bunch of Mavrik demo drivers. I have a handful of driver shafts with the Callaway adapter so I’m sure I will be able to get it dialed in.

View attachment 8959425

Congrats!

What was the Order Discount you used?

Congrats!

What was the Order Discount you used?
Looks like it was bought from Callaway Pre Owned. Go the the site and join the email list and you will have lots of nice offers in ytour inbox.

I was able to get the Mavrik SZ on a launch monitor and it significantly shorter than my M1. It might spin way too much for my launch angle. I am usually in the high 14* to low 15*. I need something in the very low 2000 area for spin and I couldn’t get it much under 3000.

Shortly after getting home from getting the Mavrik SZ on the launch monitor, I remembered that I haven’t even given the weights a thought. I head to the car and see that the heavy weight was in the back. I changed it to the front.

I was able to play 9 holes with 2 balls to see how my gamer compared. The Mavrik was very straight. After 2 big misses with the gamer, I put it away. I was 5 out of 6 on fairways.

8/14 fairways today with 2 OB and 4 that just rolled into the first cut. I tested the forgiveness on a few and the Mavrik Max is still performing well for me.

distance wise it’s all I want and I had a lot of this today

1598148260900.jpeg

Mav Max has been a beast for me now that I’ve put the heavier weight in the back. I’ve never hit the driver so well in my life. I’ve made some swing adjustments as well but the max works so well, that I’m not afraid to get after it because I’m confident in the forgiveness now. Loving this paired with my Attas Coool 7x.

with some swing changes my instructor and I are working on, i'm finding more launch, so I bumped the loft sleeve back to the -1N that I was fit into at ecpc. the feel changed, and the flight seems to be more penetrating. i'm hoping to get back on the course this weekend and maybe see some improved performance.

Played in a Ryder Cup type of event on Sat. While I was a little quick with my hands and drawing the ball more than I'd like, it was still a pretty good showing the Mavrik. It's just so damn long. The spin has to be on the lower end of the ideal window for me. Into the wind it feels like I barely lose anything on it.

For as good as the driver has been, I do have to give props to the SZ 3 wood though. That thing has pretty much turned into an automatic club. I'll drop some thoughts on that in the fw thread.

a friend of mine sent me a text yesterday talking about a drive I had on the 12th hole. Not long at about 399 or so and after my tee shot I left myself 112 in. Roughly a 280yd tee shot give or take. He texted me because he regularly outdrives me and was shocked when I outdrove him. We got to talking about the Mav Max and his first comments were "I thought that one was game improvement and didn't have the distance". After I explained the tech and why this is the driver that fit me best he was floored and now wants to go try the Mavrik line.

I say that because if anyone thinks the Max doesn't have the pop to generate long drives they are mistaken. I won't be confused for anyone who hits it far off the tee, but if I am seeing consistent numbers in the 260 range and the occasional 280, someone with better skills than me can easily see 300yds with tight dispersion.

8/13 Fairways and 2 were long when I should've hit hybrid off the tee, bone headed decisions. Decisions that left me 76 and 130 yards, respectively, but on a bad downhill lie in the rough, not fun.

My only "bad drive" was a block to the right but still in Play.

Swing feels good. One drive over 250 which is always nice, but more importantly not losing golf balls and only 1 shot I had to punch a 5iron to the fringe as a 2nd shot.

Love swinging the driver!

Does anyone know if there is an adapter that can go -2 on the Mavrik? I was hoping to flatten out this driver just a bit more? I have it set at 8* right now and the decent angle is in the mid 40s.

My Mavrik arrived today. I took it out in the backyard and hit 2 balls into the hitting net. One thing is for sure, everyone is right about the sound. They absolutely killed it with this one. Even my wife noticed the difference, compared to my Epic Flash. She said, that sounds more solid and less tingy. Her words. She's not a golfer lol, so I was surprised, but that was the first thing she said. I'm hoping to get out for 9 holes tomorrow to try it on the course.

Does anyone know if there is an adapter that can go -2 on the Mavrik? I was hoping to flatten out this driver just a bit more? I have it set at 8* right now and the decent angle is in the mid 40s.

i think there’s a tour sleeve. or you can get a left hand adapter since it will go +2 and be the opposite on a right hand club. someone smarter than i am can confirm whether that would actually work.

i think there’s a tour sleeve. or you can get a left hand adapter since it will go +2 and be the opposite on a right hand club. someone smarter than i am can confirm whether that would actually work.
I really like the way it looks and feels. Just need it to flatten out some.

I’m pretty sure @radiman has one.

Very small sample size of 7 holes tonight with the family, but I hit a few drives off of each hole. I'm pleased with what I see so far. There were a couple holes that the ball was in places I hadn't reached all year. The 2nd hole is a par 5, I don't think i've been inside of 200 ever, but tonight I was. And that was into a breeze. The 7th hole I had a little pull that missed the fairway just left. I couldn't find it, and almost gave up, only to find it just inside 100 yards and off the fairway (400 yard par 3). I don't think I've been closer than 130 all year on that hole.

And, I continue to love the sound off of this. Very addicting.

Very small sample size of 7 holes tonight with the family, but I hit a few drives off of each hole. I'm pleased with what I see so far. There were a couple holes that the ball was in places I hadn't reached all year. The 2nd hole is a par 5, I don't think i've been inside of 200 ever, but tonight I was. And that was into a breeze. The 7th hole I had a little pull that missed the fairway just left. I couldn't find it, and almost gave up, only to find it just inside 100 yards and off the fairway (400 yard par 3). I don't think I've been closer than 130 all year on that hole.

And, I continue to love the sound off of this. Very addicting.

Love to hear it! The sound is sooo addicting. It makes it hard to hit anything but driver off each tee haha.

Man I'm struggling to decide which shaft to get with the custom. Knowing I have the ones I'd game already really opens up a lot of options. Too many.

Also, I really wish I'd brought my Hzrdus Black 62 6.5 for the Sub Zero on this trip. I brought the 6.0 because I know I can play it pretty much any day, but when I get after it a little more like I have a couple times lately, it's definitely different. When I ramp it up I'm higher on the face, every. time. Has to be downward deflection. Video seems to back that theory up.

Last edited:
I really need to hit this driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early in the year I picked up a 9* (playing at 8*) Mav Max with the Rogue white 70x shaft. Started to realize it was too much launch and spin for me. Also a challenge to keep from going too far left. I worked out a trade for a Mav SZ, but 8+ plus weeks later that hasn't materialized. Started playing a G410 LST.

Decided to pull out the Max and see how it feels. I have made some driver swing changes. Felt good. Better ball flight. Feels longer than I remember from playing it previously. I still have to focus on not over turning it. The forgiveness is nice. I also love the shaft. Will play it tonight in a scramble.

Back