Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Pretty surprising the PING Driver is worth more than a EPIC Flash..
Yeah. Probably less G410's traded on the secondary market, so they can drive a higher price. Epic Flash was more popular so way more available to be purchased used.

Does the trade bonus apply to trade ins from other manufacturers?

Yes, if you go on the website under trade in trade up there is a list of excepted Companies, I just looked though it and most everything is worth more than the flash except for wilson and a couple of others.

The new face material is VERY interesting!! So besides using a more traditional Ti6-4 alloy, this FS2S material is much stronger which allows the face to be lighter ALONG with the new AI designs.

While the marketing and tech from other companies is really good, this use of AI in their products is going to send Callaway into a different level! You have to love their use of names in their lineup. Maverick is exactly what Callaway has become in the industry.

My spin rates on BOTH heads (std. & SZ) on well-struck hits were pretty close (2,000 - 2,200). Non centered hits with a fade were 2,800ish. Non centered hits with a draw were below 2,000. But both heads spun about the same for me which I guess is kind of odd?? Again, this was for me and my swing.

So now my dilemma: Standard is longer for me on well-struck hits. SZ is straighter on mis-hits. Much less side spin with the SZ. But SZ was a few yards shorter apples to apples.

Now what do I do??!!! :rolleyes:

To anyone that tried the Mavrik and Mavrik SZ version, was there a noticeable difference in club head speed? What about backspin? The aerodynamic claims of the standard Mavrik have me intrigues.
I've only been out for one test so far but I did not see a boost in club speed going from the MAVRIK SZ to the MAVRIK. In fact the MSZ swung slightly faster for me in a couple of configurations that I hit the same shaft in both head versions. I can't measure spin with my launch monitor but I'm able to observe significant backspin differences since I test outdoors. Both versions provided me similar ball flights and peaks.

My spin rates on BOTH heads (std. & SZ) on well-struck hits were pretty close (2,000 - 2,200). Non centered hits with a fade were 2,800ish. Non centered hits with a draw were below 2,000. But both heads spun about the same for me which I guess is kind of odd?? Again, this was for me and my swing.

So now my dilemma: Standard is longer for me on well-struck hits. SZ is straighter on mis-hits. Much less side spin with the SZ. But SZ was a few yards shorter apples to apples.

Pick which one looks better!

IMO sounds like the SZ is the way to go. Better mishit protection

I love my teammates, but there is only one right answer here: BOTH :LOL:

As much as I hate hitting indoors, I haven't been able to find anything on any outside demo days, so I'm probably going to have to go by the local EW and see what happens with these.

im going to channel my inner @JMB3 and say get both!

personally I say the standard. I know your game and over time the standard will be better IMO.

This man has Callaway stock soaring to new heights in the last 3 days. :cool:

im going to channel my inner @JMB3 and say get both!

personally I say the standard. I know your game and over time the standard will be better IMO.
Both would be awesome and such a THP move right there! Ha-Ha!

The standard is a BEAST and really moves off the tee. The SZ was very controllable and very surprising. So do I gamble that I'll be able to get the consistency with the standard after taking it outside and grooving it? Or do I take a few yards less and get the SZ which I might control a bit better?

#WhatWouldYouDo

Finally hit the MAX. I have no idea where the hvy weight was.
This is a Very straight driver. No matter where it hit it on the face, they went straight.
My 4 other good strikes were with this. Spin was on around 2300 & swinging at 95, flying in the low 240s
Happen to remember what shaft and flex you used on the max? That's about my speed...

The standard is a BEAST and really moves off the tee. The SZ was very controllable and very surprising. So do I gamble that I'll be able to get the consistency with the standard after taking it outside and grooving it? Or do I take a few yards less and get the SZ which I might control a bit better?

#WhatWouldYouDo

Standard.....chicks dig the long ball.

#WhatWouldYouDo
Personal opinion is I would always sacrifice a few yards for hitting fairways. I don't know your game, but I vote for the SZ model.

Did you hit these with your current gamer shafts?

Standard.....chicks dig the long ball.

SOLID approach!!
Personal opinion is I would always sacrifice a few yards for hitting fairways. I don't know your game, but I vote for the SZ model.

Did you hit these with your current gamer shafts?
I thought about bringing it in but I know what I'm going to get out of it. I really just wanted to compare the heads and the stock rogue white was pretty darn good anyways.

I used to know where bomb city was. Now I just get short trips to dud town.

you should buy this driver. or just come to Orlando and hit mine.

The PGA pro that was there watching and helping thought SZ in the end. He was awesome and was switching heads for me to compare both. He was a head pro for 15 years at a local club here and had some great thoughts while I was hitting. But every time he thought we found the answer, I would switch heads and would change his mind. Ha-Ha! In the end, this is a really fun club to hit, standard and/or SZ. Win/Win with both heads.

Buy both?

Back