Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Got it out yesterday on the short muni. Only the back 9 was open, which is a little bit longer. I hit it off every par 4, and tried it 3 times off the turf. The biggest compliment I can give the club, after my first strike with it off the turf, a really nice penetrating draw that left me just off the front edge on a par 5 into the wind, my playing partner quickly gave me the bird.

In terms of performance, the stand out feature off the tee was it's forgiveness. Had a few misses and the club really did a good job of masking them. Distance-wise, I'll say it was consistent but not ground breaking. In all honesty, I could probably get more distance off the tee with the standard or SZ version, but the forgiveness makes up for it, for me.

Off the turf this thing is brilliant. First 2 off the turf left me just off of par 5s, setting up 1 Bird and 1 par. Second shot there was on a very slight downhill lie. It's a shot I would never attempt with a 3 wood, but after a decent strike, the ball took of on a rope bouncing up and then just off the green to the left pin high. Very impressive! Third shots was a slight top; nothing to be done there. The life of a high-capper. Still, I scored well yesterday and importantly didn't lose a ball on a VERY tight course.

This 3 wood cemented its spot in its bag, and it's even a club I look forward to using. Haven't said that about a 3 wood in years.

Loving my 4W. It is one of the most used clubs in my bag. On any long par 4, and most par 5s, it is my second shot. Long par 3s it also get pulled out. Seriously considering a 7W to replace my 3H.

Loving my 4W. It is one of the most used clubs in my bag. On any long par 4, and most par 5s, it is my second shot. Long par 3s it also get pulled out. Seriously considering a 7W to replace my 3H.

I messed around with a Mav 7w. For a tiny head, it still packed loads of punch. I think a 4/7w combo in this set would be 🔥.

Got it out yesterday on the short muni. Only the back 9 was open, which is a little bit longer. I hit it off every par 4, and tried it 3 times off the turf. The biggest compliment I can give the club, after my first strike with it off the turf, a really nice penetrating draw that left me just off the front edge on a par 5 into the wind, my playing partner quickly gave me the bird.

In terms of performance, the stand out feature off the tee was it's forgiveness. Had a few misses and the club really did a good job of masking them. Distance-wise, I'll say it was consistent but not ground breaking. In all honesty, I could probably get more distance off the tee with the standard or SZ version, but the forgiveness makes up for it, for me.

Off the turf this thing is brilliant. First 2 off the turf left me just off of par 5s, setting up 1 Bird and 1 par. Second shot there was on a very slight downhill lie. It's a shot I would never attempt with a 3 wood, but after a decent strike, the ball took of on a rope bouncing up and then just off the green to the left pin high. Very impressive! Third shots was a slight top; nothing to be done there. The life of a high-capper. Still, I scored well yesterday and importantly didn't lose a ball on a VERY tight course.

This 3 wood cemented its spot in its bag, and it's even a club I look forward to using. Haven't said that about a 3 wood in years.

I got slightly more ball speed with the standard fairways, and a little less spin, but you are right on the forgiveness of the Max line. I can’t believe the results I’ve gotten from high toe shots. And they are very point and shoot. I was reluctant to go with a 3+ because I can be a mid launch/lower spin guy, but I hit even the 3+ with plenty (sometimes too much) launch.

That is good stuff!!!! Nice having confidence in a club.

So my Mavrik 4W came in today... Got it on the range with my other clubs, and it was easily the star of the show. Lots to report.

For a few weeks now, I've been hitting everything higher with more spin. I've been hitting Heavenwood way too high, and after putting a nasty skymark on the crown thanks to a range rock, I purchased a Mav Max 5W head to take its spot--something with just a little less loft. I also missed my 4W, and able to snag a "like new" one for under $200, I jumped.

The plan was to swap shafts, putting the Ventus Red in the 4W and removing the stock Riptide. At the Grandaddy, I was fit into the 60g 5.5 Riptides in my fairways. But due to nerves (wanting to swing "perfect" for the fitting) and swing change lessons, I swung fairly slow at the ECPC. When I got back and kept working on my swing and adding speed, the Riptides were just too light and loose, leading to some pull hooks. After testing out the Ventus Red shafts, I ended up upgrading to those shafts, and I've absolutely loved them in the fairways. This Riptide shaft, however, is the 70g 6.0. And boy did that make a difference today. I squared up the 4W time after time, seeing a very straight, piercing flight. My longest shot of the day was actually with the 4W, not driver. So impressed.

Part of why I traded in the 4W earlier this year was because I didn't think I could launch it enough off the deck. Well the range today was awful. Pretty much rock hard dirt, so absolute crazy tight lies. But I still took a couple strikes off the deck with really good results. Caught one thin but the others were solid strikes. It's hard to tell launch/peak height on this range because its sloped downhill, but from what I saw, I don't think I'll have an issue. I'm pumped to put it in play tomorrow.

If you get a 7W, let us know how it goes, because this 4W is 🔥, and now I'm considering a 7W too.

I haven’t been able to play in a few weeks due to a thumb surgery and boy do I miss hitting these Mavrik fairways!

By far my favorite clubs in the Grandaddy bag!

My Mav 3 wood is becoming a missile launcher for me. Just feels so stable and solid with the rogue white shaft. I can swing it easy for a 210-220 shot or I can put some extra on it and go as long as 240 or so. I just can't get over how straight it goes. Buddies that I've played with for a while have even commented on how accurate it seems to be. The sound is perfect as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Finally got to try out the Mavrik 3 Wood 15 Degrees and Mavrik 3 Hybrid 18 Degrees today on the course. Coming from my 2005 Big Bertha Fusion and Ping G10 Hybrid, these clubs were absolutely insane. My 3 Wood was carrying 240 and even had one roll out on a Par 5 270 Yards. Those are usually my driver numbers and being able to hit that shot off the fairways made all the Par 5s easy GIR. Ball flight was straight as an arrow off the tee/fairway and piercing. The most surprising thing about the 3 wood was that I had 2 mishits that felt like big slices. To my surprise both of these shots ended up going 225 yards and just 5 yards off the fairway.

The Hybrid produced a very high ball flight which allowed me to hit two greens from 220 out. When you hit the sweet spot on this hybrid it just feels and sounds so good. And once again just like the 3 Wood, it is very forgiving. Had 2 shots I felt come firmly off the toe of the club and I still carried 90% of the distance I was aiming for. Needless to say these two clubs add a whole new dimension to my game. Normally if I am 200+ out I am thinking just lay it up or get close so I can get up and down. I actually felt confident hitting 200+ yard shots into greens with intentions of getting on and scoring.

I'm still waiting on my Mavrik Driver to come in through CC, but until then I'm using my Mavrik 3 Wood off the tee every time. Can't wait to go out and play again.

Got the 4W on the course today, and I think I'm in love. First hole, first swing BOOM, leaving me a wedge in. The ball just explodes off the face. Very piercing flight and very straight. 3/4 fairways with it. I also got to hit it off the deck once on a par 5. Absolute bullet, but I pulled it a bit, and it finished in the pond next to the green.

Hybrids were awesome today too. The 10th hole is a long par 3: 209 today. And it was into the wind. Hit a high 4H right on line with the pin, finishing on the front fringe. The next hole, after hitting my drive through the fairway, I had a really tall tree to carry. I probably should have just pulled an iron, but I wanted more out of it, so I pulled the 5H. Cleared it--somehow--and got back into good position. On another long par 3, 211 yds, playing a about 195 downhill, I hit a great 5H, but the right to left wind got it, and there is no room to miss left--finished in the lateral, but the strike was terrific. Next hole I pushed a drive and it smoked a tree, coming backwards at least 50 yards. I hit another 5H over a tree back into position, leaving me a chance at par. These hybrids are so easy to launch, and I swear they just want to go straight.

Used the fairways off the tee quite a few times today with good results. Perfect for making sure I was in good position. I had a couple snap hooks but that was my swing and not the club. 5W off the tee was perfect today.
I play the stock Riptide shafts in my 3 and 5W's and get along with it quite well. For my swing it had a really good feel and balance.

These fairways have solidified for me that I don't need an adjustable hosel. Get fit and trust the fitting if done right. Obviously this still leaves the challenge of shaft swapping for the tinkerer in me, but when I'm getting on in two on our longest par 5 off a decent, but no super long drive....I'm happy with my setup. I still love the sound at impact on these. Crispy and powerful and launch has been one of the easier if tested...comparable to some of the more recent Ping fairways which were a breeze to launch as well.

I had quite a few shots with the 3 and 5 woods today, more that normal because of the heavy winds. They handled the wind well. Still pondering a 3+ wood for an extra driver. Riptide shaft in the fairways is just great!!!

I had quite a few shots with the 3 and 5 woods today, more that normal because of the heavy winds. They handled the wind well. Still pondering a 3+ wood for an extra driver. Riptide shaft in the fairways is just great!!!

Same here on Mavrik FW.
Believe me I am the worst fairway wood player ever. Still I am able to hit these decently straight with ample heights. I’ve tried many fw but Mavrik is only fw I could hit. It might be the riptide shaft like you said but it feels just right. Easy to launch without excessive spins that can balloon that goes no where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the exact same experience today because of high winds. Ive posted before about how great the 5 wood is. I used the 3 wood more today in a round than ever because of the winds and can say it is as easy to hit off the turf as the 5 wood is. Prior to getting these i was very inconsistent with fairway woods. That has changed.

Max fairway woods are just stupid easy to hit. On the par 5 9th, I topped a drive maybe 100 yds. Fortunately the 5w saved me. After ripping it I had just under 150 in from the middle of the fairway. The next hole is a slicers dream but a drawers nightmare. Dogleg right. Fairway runs out at 225. Anything long is in the woods. Tee box is on the right side. Trees right in front of you. The hole basically sets up to aim down left side of fairway with a 200 yd club. But the more left you go, the longer the second shot. Well the last three times, I’ve grabbed my 3+, teed it up high, and gone over the trees right in front of me. All 3 times in the fairway near the red stake. Easy swings, great results.

I haven’t put my 4W in play the past few rounds, but I always take it to the range. Feels so good off the face and it’s just long. Feels better to me than my Max fairways, but those are just ridiculously easy to launch.

I haven't wandered into this thread in a while, but I feel compelled to after today. Really long course in soft conditions and my Sub Zero 3W and Pro 2H, especially the 2H, did some serious work. So versatile and strong between tee and fairway shots. I only put the 3W back in the bag a couple weeks ago, but it's been a welcome reunion. The look of that face is just so friendly. Total confidence boost from a tough lie today. Just still a big, big fan of what they did with these this year.

Except the bonded fw. That annoyed me when they first came out, and I let it go because they're awesome, but my wife f'ed up the shaft in mine tonight, and now it annoys me again. Lol

Man i love these clubs. 4h was a rocket ship for me yesterday and ended up using it off the tee multiple times. 5w, when needed gave me a an extra gear on the course I played yesterday with elevated greens. 2 more rounds in the books over the weekend and unsurprisingly Mav fairways and hybrids stole the show again. So good.

It seems I either stripe my Max 5W or pull it left so I put my Flash 3wd back in and I pulled that jerk OB twice last weekend... so I don't know WTF I'm doing with FWs at the moment, but I need to figure it out before one of these miscreants gets perma-banned. :LOL:

I'm really digging my Mavrik 3W. Soooo easy to hit.

Now that these are on CPO at some decent discounts I grabbed a standard 3W & 3H today. Anticipating a short battle between the Mav and my Epic Flash 3W, but really curious to see how the 3H compares to my Rogues, which have outlasted pretty much everything thrown at them, including other FWs.

Now that these are on CPO at some decent discounts I grabbed a standard 3W & 3H today. Anticipating a short battle between the Mav and my Epic Flash 3W, but really curious to see how the 3H compares to my Rogues, which have outlasted pretty much everything thrown at them, including other FWs.
Standard hybrid is a beast. My 4h is challenging my 5w.

Standard hybrid is a beast. My 4h is challenging my 5w.

Well this should be plenty interesting then! My Rogue 4H gaps really well with my irons. I did see that they dropped the loft by a degree on these, which is why I grabbed a 3H first. I can take some more distance there. Any longer on the 4H I'm going to have to start thinking about the gap with my irons.

I put a Mavrik 5h in play today as a 4 iron replacement. It matches my 3h setup with Evenflow Black 85 6.5 and a Z-Cord grip. I bought it in February at the same time I bought the 3h I've played all season, but I've never hit a ball with it until on course today. Being one of the last rounds of the year and 40* out, I wanted to play it and it was a good day for some extra forgiveness.

First two shots were tee shots on the 3rd, and both were striped. Then, on the 5th I left my 3h tee shot well right on the outside of a dogleg, and had about 195 into an somewhat unforgiving green area. Water all around. I center struck it and teh ball never left the flag, coming up just a few feet short of the pin. It was my favorite shot I hit all day. Two more tee shots later in the round were perfectly acceptable. This is definitely a fun hybrid to play.

380E75DF-9666-4333-A7BE-47BBCB7D039E.jpeg4132E305-2B0F-4306-A8FF-5A113BF81ADB.jpegAF41D931-7C0D-49CE-9A0D-382A123E6F10.jpeg

Back