Callaway Paradym Hybrids

I got the 3 and 5 hybrids in the bag, and was able to hit a few shots with the 5 yesterday. One that stood out to me was a tee shot, where I can't hit driver, a creek gets in the way. In the past it has been anything from 4 iron to 6 iron. I teed up the 5 hybrid, needing to hit about a 215 shot, playing like 205 to 210 because of wind. Beautiful high flight, albeit a little too much draw. GPSd 217. I like!

I have say they did nice job on presentation of the hybrid. Like I like my Mavrik but I wasn’t always thrilled about the color scheme. They did a very nice job on this one.

I need to spend more time with these. For those that have them, can anybody compare them to Apex?

I need to spend more time with these. For those that have them, can anybody compare them to Apex?

Kind of? I had an apex 21 5H (24*) that I really enjoyed, was probably the most consistent club in my bag. Closest comparison I have is the Paradym X 4h (21*, playing 22*). Shape of these is better in my opinion (more UW shaped), sounds is really good and I would say a bit more forgiving, with.a decent amount of that being the sole. I caught a shot heavy off the deck and it came out flatter, carried a little shorter than good contact would have gotten me but it ran out to where I would have expected from a good strike. Instead of digging it kind of skidded into the ball, which is impressive considering how wet the course was.

I feel like launch is similar, which is pretty crazy considering it is 2* less loft. I think Core Paradym hybrid would be a more apples to apples comparison than the X model, but I haven't found either the 3/4 X hybrids I have to be very draw biased. I think there is a little draw, but any hooks I have hit were definitely swing not club (I have been able to hook pretty much any club the last couple months).

Overall, if you liked the Apex 21 (can't speak on pro, no experience with it personally) I think this is a big step forward while keeping the adjustable hosel. If you didn't like the Apex 21, I would still recommend giving this a swing or 20, very different look than the Apex 21.

Hope this helps, and if someone with a Core Hybrid can help out here, please do so.

Kind of? I had an apex 21 5H (24*) that I really enjoyed, was probably the most consistent club in my bag. Closest comparison I have is the Paradym X 4h (21*, playing 22*). Shape of these is better in my opinion (more UW shaped), sounds is really good and I would say a bit more forgiving, with.a decent amount of that being the sole. I caught a shot heavy off the deck and it came out flatter, carried a little shorter than good contact would have gotten me but it ran out to where I would have expected from a good strike. Instead of digging it kind of skidded into the ball, which is impressive considering how wet the course was.

I feel like launch is similar, which is pretty crazy considering it is 2* less loft. I think Core Paradym hybrid would be a more apples to apples comparison than the X model, but I haven't found either the 3/4 X hybrids I have to be very draw biased. I think there is a little draw, but any hooks I have hit were definitely swing not club (I have been able to hook pretty much any club the last couple months).

Overall, if you liked the Apex 21 (can't speak on pro, no experience with it personally) I think this is a big step forward while keeping the adjustable hosel. If you didn't like the Apex 21, I would still recommend giving this a swing or 20, very different look than the Apex 21.

Hope this helps, and if someone with a Core Hybrid can help out here, please do so.
Thank you for this. I have the 5 hybrid head and will drop a shaft and give some more swings. If it goes well I will order a lower loft. I love the look and sole design.

I'm looking to replace my Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4iron just for the extra forgiveness. For those that have put it into play how consistent is the distance? I love the feel of the club. Just concerned of it coming out a bit to hot.

I had a good look at these this morning. The 24 degree stands out to me. The plan is to lower it 1 degree down to 23 degrees and slightly open the face. I’d would the. Move my King Tec hybrid up to 19 in its neutral position.

Have you guys had any issues with the Paradym hooking? I loved the address look. I’m tempted to order

Looking hard at this as I‘m set to replace my Mavrik 3 hybrid and may switch my 4 iron.

I originally picked up the ping g430 hybrids but didn’t like it with kaili white shaft. Too low spin. Was recently for Sunday and ordered the standard 18 and 24 degree with Di85x shafts. The 95 was slightly heavy and would be too much later in my rounds. Tried the di85 stiff but was too soft and went a little left. I always find gd shafts play soft to flex. The x flex was so straight and the di85 launched it plenty high without over spinning it. Only another week without them.

I'm working on replacing my two hybrids (original Apex 3 and 5) and this line is likely the replacement. Love the look and the performance reviews from everyone who has them and has written about them have been outstanding.

I custom ordered my hybrids Sunday and got them in today. I hit a medium bucket afterwards. Man the turf interaction is amazing with the sole. It definitely gives me a neutral mid launch flight. The face seemed so forgiving. The gapping between my 18 and 24 degree seemed perfect. Amazing clubs.

Had an interesting discussion with a young guy on our bandon trip. He is 24, hits the ball RIDICULOUSLY far, works as an instructor and does club fitting for ping. He knew I was all Callaway all the time, and was surprised I didn't have any fairway woods in the bag. After playing a few rounds with me, he said it makes sense.

The 4H has become my go to club from the fairway/rough when I am 200 or so out... 3H has been mostly tee club... but... I have become more confident in it and started hitting it off the tight lies at Bandon with EXCELLENT results.

Highlight of the week for these clubs: Old MacDonald, #4. 470 yard par 4 into a what I thought was a 3 club wind, but was really a 4 club wind.... if not 4.5 club wind.... Hit a not great drive to the left and had a LONG way home. Grabbed 3H and roasted one, seriously it was one of the best swings I have ever made. Get up to my ball in the fairway and still had 162 left to the flag. Grabbed my 4H and striped another one right at the stick. Ended up about 20 feet short of the flag. Rolled it up and it curled just around the hole and tapped in for 5. Was literally the best bogey I have ever made.

These hybrids are perfect for me and just thrilled at how great they look and perform. They set up like the fairways I played when I first took up the game and just set up so nice.

I am loving the regular hybrids. In sketchier rough lies, they get through well enough to get decent distance out of those tricky shots.

Last night, I roasted the 3 hybrid, with a little helping wind, to the tune of 250 off the tee. Oooooops! :D

Our local fitter is gonna do a trade in on my Mavriks for some Paradym. I will atleast be adding a hybrid as that’s over due.

My fitter cancelled today because they overbooked. 😕

I am really enjoying both the 3 and 5 standard Paradym Hybrids. They aren't crazy hook machines for me, and they are so easy to elevate, off the tee, rough, and tight lies.

Highlight shot of my recent rounds. I found a fairway bunker with my tee shot on the par 5 18th. I had about 210 to the flag into the wind playing about 225. The bunkers are in early season condition: wet and very packed. Seemed like the perfect lie to try to get out with a hybrid. I used the 3 hybrid and got pin high with a beautiful high shot, that faded just a bit with the ball below my feet. Left me with a greenside bunker shot that I got up and down for a birdie.

If I just put a good swing on it, these hybrids just fly.

Rescheduled fitting is for Saturday morning. Finally trading in my Mavrik driver, 3 wood, and hybrid to get a Paradym hybrid.

Tested this today. Plenty of distance and dispersion was good. I liked the looks of it. Overall I thought it was very solid.

Gave the 24 degree a good look today. It was very sharp. I think this club could be the answer to replace the 4 Fli-Hi and fill the gap in the bag. It also takes some pressure off of the middle of the bag. I love getting creative with hybrids so this club may be the answer.

Callaway CS is amazing. Let’s just say I had an unpleasant fitting with misinformation over the weekend. I called them and spoke to Al. I mentioned the mavriks I had. He said they would ship out a new Paradym hybrid and mail the Mavriks back leaving very minimal left cost wise. Plus sending it 2 day priority. I’m pumped!!!

Last edited:
Only a couple things stopping me from pulling the trigger on one of these.

1. Sizable discount that almost accounts for a shaft upgrade from another manufacturer.
2. Not being able to hit a 24 degree in person.

I'm looking for something I can carry around 205-215 that I don't have to swing hard. 22 degree usually gets me around 220. This at least drops to 23. My 5 iron is 26 degrees and full send is 200. Usually around 195.

The X hybrids in 3/4 have been fantastic for me. Last month or so I finally got the confidence to hit the 3H off the deck, and man, it is great. Yesterday, was 220 out into the wind with water right in front of me. I pulled 3H figuring I would not reach the green. pushed it just a touch and ended up pin high right of the green. These are so freaking easy to hit.

The 3 and 5 core hybrids have become strong weapons for me so far in the season. So easy to hit off of a tee, without hooking it, super quick bad swing excepted. Where they have shined for me is in those squirly lies, where you don't feel confident with an iron, because the rough will close the heck of the face. Here, the hybrid really gets through that rough and pops the ball up nicely.

The 3 and 5 core hybrids have become strong weapons for me so far in the season. So easy to hit off of a tee, without hooking it, super quick bad swing excepted. Where they have shined for me is in those squirly lies, where you don't feel confident with an iron, because the rough will close the heck of the face. Here, the hybrid really gets through that rough and pops the ball up nicely.

Just curious- Are you hybrid 3-5?

Back