Spent some good time with these at the local golf store today. They are impressive, the things really go.

Only hesitation is the spin numbers were very low, obviously it's mats and range balls and inside, so who knows what they'd really do outdoors, plus obviously the lofts are on the lower side, but I'd prefer slightly better numbers.

On the other side I am a low flight player generally and these things definitely launch. I was impressed with the height they produced.

Will be hard not to buy them. They are a very nice set of sticks.

I tried the Paradym irons today at the Callaway fitting local range. They are a half-degree stronger lofted than my Cobra F9s, and I can tell they're loaded with tech. They look really nice at address. I don't mind the chunky top line. Compared to my current irons, they are longer. I think due to the fact they're lighter that I had a little more speed. I hit a few good shots, and i also hit some stinkers, proving it isn't the arrow.

I think at this point my posts are just rinse and repeat. Might as well copy and paste because the second round with the Paradym X irons was better then the first.

These irons are just too easy to hit and so much better at holding the green for me

The greens keeper must have had a bad week because he put the holes in all the toughest locations yesterday. On one particular hole he had the pin tucked in a corner with only 10 yards at most of green to work with surrounding. I was in the fairway about 160 away and my 6 iron just landed perfectly on the green and took one small bounce and stuck.

Mind you the greens were hard and fast yesterday and I hit with lower spin, so seeing a longer iron land softly is a wish granted for me.

These irons are just really that good.

I think at this point my posts are just rinse and repeat. Might as well copy and paste because the second round with the Paradym X irons was better then the first.

These irons are just too easy to hit and so much better at holding the green for me

The greens keeper must have had a bad week because he put the holes in all the toughest locations yesterday. On one particular hole he had the pin tucked in a corner with only 10 yards at most of green to work with surrounding. I was in the fairway about 160 away and my 6 iron just landed perfectly on the green and took one small bounce and stuck.

Mind you the greens were hard and fast yesterday and I hit with lower spin, so seeing a longer iron land softly is a wish granted for me.

These irons are just really that good.
You guys have me going through golf withdrawal.

FB_IMG_1679230567008.jpg

Iron play is still improving with the Paradyms. I was fighting some left issues but figured out it was a slight grip issue and just rushing through the swing. I don’t need to try and smash every shot as hard as I can for the result I want. Playing a tough course this aft for 9 holes can’t wait to hit my irons!

I got out for 9 holes this weekend. I was really encouraged. It was cold and windy. The wind was more than 20 mph. Still, I had six approach shots with a Paradym iron in my hands and hit 5 of those greens. I had two 6 iron shots, one 7 iron and three 8 irons. I had some good strikes and a couple that were very mediocre, yet I was not penalized. One was just a dog crap shot where no iron would have saved me from myself.

I had no birdies and shot one over in challenging conditions. When it gets warmer and my swing improves, these could be fantastic.

It was a bit colder and windy today than anticipated... but nice to get out and walk around for a bit.

Iron play was not great... or good. Every miss was a hook. I was anxious to see these things fly. Need to get back out and re-evaluate with some range time but I see the light.

On the flip side, I drove the ball well and kept it in play which is a change.

Come on, weather.

Cold and breezy day today, and the ball wasn't traveling as far as expected with most clubs.

I had a pretty decent day today with irons, and I can't say enough how good these paradym x irons feel. Not just for a game improvement iron, but any iron. Have I hit softer feeling irons? Sure. But something about the way these look behind the ball and the sound they make when struck well...just inspires confidence.

I was a little worried about hitting these a little too high, but it's pretty perfect for me if I'm being honest. Is it the head and shaft pairing? Who knows. All I know is I love these irons.

We let a single join us on the back 9 today and on the 17th tee box he commented on the looks of the irons. Said "those are gorgeous irons" or something similar.

Decent day today in the wind. I still pulled a few left but man I am crushing these irons. We had a par 3 playing 155 today with the flag right behind a huge green side bunker. I pulled the 9 as we had a slight tail wing and let it rip. My pitch mark was almost pin high and no issue getting on the green. I am still getting a bit strong on the grip which I believe is causing me to go left. Will work that out shortly.

Today, Par 3 180 playing like 200 21 UW to about 4-5". Then, 175 into a heavy wind (maybe 2 clubs all day it seemed), Par 3 , Paradym 5 iron to 2" Full HIO alert from my group. These irons just rock. 🔥

Today, Par 3 180 playing like 200 21 UW to about 4-5". Then, 175 into a heavy wind (maybe 2 clubs all day it seemed), Par 3 , Paradym 5 iron to 2" Full HIO alert from my group. These irons just rock. 🔥
Great stuff!

Went through an iron fitting today and really liked the Paradyms. Feel was very nice, head looks good to me (don't mind a little width in a top line) and I centered a bunch of strikes. That said, the spin was terribly low (between 4100-4300) and just not playable. Nothing else I hit was close to being that low. The fitter, who is a Callaway pro, has said he has seen spin issues in other fittings.

Went through an iron fitting today and really liked the Paradyms. Feel was very nice, head looks good to me (don't mind a little width in a top line) and I centered a bunch of strikes. That said, the spin was terribly low (between 4100-4300) and just not playable. Nothing else I hit was close to being that low. The fitter, who is a Callaway pro, has said he has seen spin issues in other fittings.

Regular or X? X was super low spin for me.

My guess is that it may be necessary to play these bent weak in order to soften the spin issue but will be interesting to see how these things play on the course

Spent some good time with these at the local golf store today. They are impressive, the things really go.

Only hesitation is the spin numbers were very low, obviously it's mats and range balls and inside, so who knows what they'd really do outdoors, plus obviously the lofts are on the lower side, but I'd prefer slightly better numbers.

On the other side I am a low flight player generally and these things definitely launch. I was impressed with the height they produced.

Will be hard not to buy them. They are a very nice set of sticks.

So what is interesting for me, when I got fit for these it was outdoors on GCQuad with CSX balls. I saw plenty of spin (for me). On quad now indoors with a chrome soft ball (that is what they use at this facility) spin numbers are significantly reduced, like 1100 less. Some of that is the ball (I have pulled out a few of my own CSX for comparison) but I think there is definitely something with the matts impacting the spin #s because on the course I have had had no issue stopping the ball on the greens even with 6/7 irons.

Even indoors though, we are seeing descent angle around 43 with what I would say is about 1k too low of spin. So stopping the ball more with descent than spin possibly.... changing so many variables makes it really hard to compare apples to apples.

Some of it for me though is strike, like cutting a deck, thin to win with these irons. I have hit some criminally low and gotten solid launch with excellent speed and spin... guessing the placement of the tungsten has a lot to do with that.

The first time that I hit the Paradyms (have not even picked up an X), I saw spin numbers like yours. I was on GC Quad, using ChromeSoft and the irons were shafted with the Elevate 95 stiffs. The set that I have been using is shafted with Recoil Proto 95 F4 (stiff) shafts. I have hit them indoors on TrackMan and outdoors. The spin is much higher and the descent is incredible (around 47* with the 7 iron). I have used ChromeSoft X, Pro V1X and Pro V1 balls. I will have no problems holding any green. I don’t know if it was the GC Quad, the different shafts, the ball or my swing on that day, but the spin difference has been drastic.

Last edited:
Interesting.

I found my spin numbers increased, but everyone has different contact points.

I have to read more of this thread as I just came across it earlier in the afternoon. Went to my local Golftown in Canada and went for a fitting Went in with the idea of trying the G430 and ParadymX in both steel and graphite regular. More so the Hzrdus Silver for the Paradym after reading favourable reviews about it. In the past, when testing 7irons for fittings, my distances have been about 135carry and maybe get to 145 if lucky. Not professing to be great...my game is very much a work in progress. Having said that, I have never had a better fitting session that I did with the Hzrds Silver and Paradym X. I was using the 65g and my average was 150yd carry and 160 total with one going 180. But here is my issue...manifesting the same dreaded low spin. I absolutely loved this combination and if they had it I would have probably just have taken it. The fitter tried a heavier and lighter shaft to try and adjust spin as I don't have a crazy fast swing. I had periodic 4500rpm shots but was unable to generate a nice landing angle to hold a green probably 85-90% of the time. He wanted to try the light flex Aldila option, but they did not have it in their fitting shafts.

Didn't mention that my shots were very very good...for me...in terms of dispersion. But, as he showed me on the monitor, the dispersion was supertight with the lighter Recoil f2 shaft that he had me try. But, not sure what it was, but the Hzrdus Silver on that iron just had the best feel I have ever felt with a golf iron. Kind of choked. Was thinking of using a Pro V1x to compensate for the low spin, but with my game, that is not going to be the entire answer. Lastly, I will add that given the contact points on the face, I will vouch for the forgiveness on the face of this iron. It is beyond belief. And my ball speeds were the highest I have ever generated. Again, I am not the strongest ball striker but several around 105mph. Unfortunately, I don't think they had their particular Foresight ceiling system reporting my swing speed. I was too obsessed with the long carry's to remember to look.

Open to any and all suggestions...lol.

The first time that I hit the Paradyms (have not even picked up an X), I saw spin numbers like yours. I was on GC Quad, using ChromeSoft and the irons were shafted with the Elevate 95 stiffs. The set that I have been using is shafted with Recoil Proto 95 F4 (stiff) shafts. I have hit them indoors on TrackMan and outdoors. The spin is much higher and the descent is incredible (around 48* with the 7 iron). I have used ChromeSoft X, Pro V1X and Pro V1 balls. I will have no problems holding any green. I don’t know if it was the GC Quad, the different shafts, the ball or my swing on that day, but the spin difference has been drastic.

My fitting was on a Trackman 4 with the ProV RCT balls so spin is supposed to be very accurate. My current irons were recording around 6200-6300 which is a few hundred less than that same Trackman unit shows outside with those irons. Nothing else I hit in the fitting was below 5200 (which was the P790). Descent angle was not great either but that would be due in part to the spin being so low.

I would dismiss it as an outlier if my fitter/pro (who is a friend) expressed any surprise at those spin numbers. He had fit a DI college girls player (who won our state am) the day before me and they had kicked around going with more forgiving irons in her 5-6 irons but the Paradyms were too low spin for her as well.

I am disppointed as I really liked the feel and the look was pretty good. Plus they were quite forgiving as my ballspeed hardly dropped on moderate misses. My best overall Callaway numbers came from the Apex Pros but my low toe miss was pretty penal with those. My top 2, which were heads and shoulders above the rest, were the Mizuno 223s and Ping i230. Just have to decide whether I want to bite off those price tags - at least on the Callaways we get discounted prices from our course.

The first time that I hit the Paradyms (have not even picked up an X), I saw spin numbers like yours. I was on GC Quad, using ChromeSoft and the irons were shafted with the Elevate 95 stiffs. The set that I have been using is shafted with Recoil Proto 95 F4 (stiff) shafts. I have hit them indoors on TrackMan and outdoors. The spin is much higher and the descent is incredible (around 48* with the 7 iron). I have used ChromeSoft X, Pro V1X and Pro V1 balls. I will have no problems holding any green. I don’t know if it was the GC Quad, the different shafts, the ball or my swing on that day, but the spin difference has been drastic.

With that type of descent angle you for sure won't struggle to hold greens. But yeah, I wish we could quantify what the the surface you are hitting off of does to spin...

I think that I may have posted this before, but it may be worth a re-look, given the recent posts about how low spin these irons are. This screenshot is a 7 iron swing a couple weeks ago. My swing was a tad slow that day, but this particular swing gave me 6000 rpm in spin. Even more important, at the top left of the screenshot, you can see the descent angle on the series of 7 iron shots I had made. There is no way that these shots are not going to stop on the greens. It is a pretty remarkable combination of forgiveness, efficiency (1.42 smash factor) and other numbers. They definitely are a bit thicker through the top line, but for this type of profile, the irons give a lot back to less than perfect swings.

99981E05-4356-421A-BCEB-D19B529FAECB.jpeg

I have already bought the AW to add to the bottom of my bad and now I love that so much I am thinking about adding at 52 degree. By "thinking" I mean it's probably happening very soon.

I have already bought the AW to add to the bottom of my bad and now I love that so much I am thinking about adding at 52 degree. By "thinking" I mean it's probably happening very soon.
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 4i and cause indecision at the top of my bag. But yeah, the stock wedges are awesome!!!

Last edited:
Got on quad again yesterday and with some swing changes and my own CSX golf ball, definitely saw better spin numbers, still I think a little lower because of the surface I was hitting off of then actual turn. But with the height I was getting on the ball, I don't think it would be an issue. Most decent shots were 44+ with highest being 48. With mid 5k spin over 45* descent with a 7I (which goes further than my previous 6I will work.

When greens firm up later this summer I may look at tweaking lofts to get a better descent angle, and frankly to keep from blasting these things off the planet. I hit one yesterday 190 in the air..... That is almost too much for me with that club, but will see how the rest of the gapping goes in the bag.

Back