When the Callaway guy (I forget his name) did a Q&A and I asked him about Callaway's choices of color schemes and I mentioned how Titleist, Mizuno, Srixon took a more consistent, conservative color approach and why Callaway doesn't have a more traditional color scheme and he said it's to distinguish between different models and Callaway is not those other Companies.

I appreciate and respect the thought process on color but I think these are some ugly, gaudy, busy and some loud looking irons.

The driver is great looking I know because I bought one but these irons are just a eye sore to look at.

I realize Callaway is a very profitable business and don't need my input but personally I wish they would tone down the loud colors on their irons.
I would've loved to try these irons and I bet they're great but I can't get pass the back looking of these irons. 🤷‍♂️

Finally was able to hit these off grass today. Still really like the look and feel and the turf interaction was quite nice. That said, still could not get the spin numbers to an acceptable level even with a number of shaft changes.

Played the core irons all weekend on very soft New England greens in 50 degree weather. So I have no idea how these things play outside distance-wise, as the ball wasn't going anywhere.

That said, these things spin fine. There was nothing unusual or concerning about the ball flight I saw. They are very forgiving from what I saw as well. They definitely favor the left miss, and I'm not in love with the elevate 95 shaft in it (i'd played it in earlier Callaway versions but it felt much stiffer in this club), but this is a good iron. Not sure from one weekend it's a game changer but it's a very good iron.

When the Callaway guy (I forget his name) did a Q&A and I asked him about Callaway's choices of color schemes and I mentioned how Titleist, Mizuno, Srixon took a more consistent, conservative color approach and why Callaway doesn't have a more traditional color scheme and he said it's to distinguish between different models and Callaway is not those other Companies.

I appreciate and respect the thought process on color but I think these are some ugly, gaudy, busy and some loud looking irons.

The driver is great looking I know because I bought one but these irons are just a eye sore to look at.

I realize Callaway is a very profitable business and don't need my input but personally I wish they would tone down the loud colors on their irons.
I would've loved to try these irons and I bet they're great but I can't get pass the back looking of these irons. 🤷‍♂️

I mean apexs are pretty subtle. I have the 21s and had the Cf 16s. I think the main issue is some club rubbing that’s done some marks to the back of the paradyms. I can respect them trying to make the clubs look unique though. I’m sure callaway will look at that issue and see where it can be improved. Obviously people love the performance. Golf brands are always evolving. Anytime there’s a new series there’s gonna be learning and making adjustments.

I mean apexs are pretty subtle. I have the 21s and had the Cf 16s. I think the main issue is some club rubbing that’s done some marks to the back of the paradyms. I can respect them trying to make the clubs look unique though. I’m sure callaway will look at that issue and see where it can be improved. Obviously people love the performance. Golf brands are always evolving. Anytime there’s a new series there’s gonna be learning and making adjustments.
This thread has me interested in trying these irons. They look nice but i can unequivocally say looks and whether they get some wear from bag chatter or whatever would not bother me at all if they perform and perform well. That is what matters and if i demo them and they outperform and are an upgrade from mine im in.

Another great day with my irons on Sunday. I feel i am settled in with my distances. The ball flight and stopping power on the greens is better than i had with my Rogue's. I also like the feel 100% more. Longer iron shots i use to not be comfortable now with the Paradym's i don't even stress it at all.

Another great day with my irons on Sunday. I feel i am settled in with my distances. The ball flight and stopping power on the greens is better than i had with my Rogue's. I also like the feel 100% more. Longer iron shots i use to not be comfortable now with the Paradym's i don't even stress it at all.
Interesting you mentioned stopping power. Last night in the sim, we were hitting some Paradym X irons. Stronger lofted, but stopping power was impressive. Not just from ball flight either. Spin was better than I expected across the board. And super consistent.

I played them for the first time on the course Sunday, hit them well felt good. I can't give report on green stopping power because the greens were recently punched shot an 84 but no fault of irons just me taking a couple risk reward shots nd got no rewards. Played again Monday our first 70* day, let one of the guys I have played with a few times hit them, he uses older Mizuno MP and is a 7 handicap. After I hit I handed him my club and both times they were one club less than his which he hit pin high with a little leak 8i and then the AW on shorter par 3 with big downhill, we were both on back of green and he was surprised how smooth they felt and he said it was like hitting a marshmellow since they felt soft. He was using a TP5 so that helped.
Oh and I did shoot one of my best scores that day a 77

Interesting you mentioned stopping power. Last night in the sim, we were hitting some Paradym X irons. Stronger lofted, but stopping power was impressive. Not just from ball flight either. Spin was better than I expected across the board. And super consistent.
I haven't had any issues holding greens.
When we were at wind river a couple of weekends ago I hit a 6i from about 185 out of a non fairway lie and held the green.

I think people get too bothered by strong lofts.
Either that or the paradym x irons are magic 🤔

I’ve been full PXG irons for several gens now but these pushed them out of the bag. Really impressed with these irons. The ball speed, forgiveness, dispersion - just better then anything else I’m demo’d by far. Best Callaway iron I’ve played in years, well done

I’ve been full PXG irons for several gens now but these pushed them out of the bag. Really impressed with these irons. The ball speed, forgiveness, dispersion - just better then anything else I’m demo’d by far. Best Callaway iron I’ve played in years, well done

Agree with this 100%.

Looking forward to seeing how accurate these numbers I see on Skytrak at the course.

My irons numbers with Rogue Max: Carry
6 Iron : 155
7 Iron : 147
8 Iron : 136
9 Iron : 125
PW : 114
AW : 100

My irons on Skytrak Bag Mapping and range with Paradym X: Carry
6 Iron : 172
7 Iron : 162
8 Iron : 148
9 Iron : 135
PW : 121
AW : 99
51 degree : 92

Today is my first round at my home course, so I will know much more about distances and dispersion after the round is complete.

Looking forward to seeing how accurate these numbers I see on Skytrak at the course.

My irons numbers with Rogue Max: Carry
6 Iron : 155
7 Iron : 147
8 Iron : 136
9 Iron : 125
PW : 114
AW : 100

My irons on Skytrak Bag Mapping and range with Paradym X: Carry
6 Iron : 172
7 Iron : 162
8 Iron : 148
9 Iron : 135
PW : 121
AW : 99
51 degree : 92

Today is my first round at my home course, so I will know much more about distances and dispersion after the round is complete.

Trust it and have a great round @fuffle master

So I have the X irons for almost 2 months now.. I still really like it, after dozen or so rounds, and thousands of crappy range balls. The club still looks fine to me. The badge isn't chipping or showing any wear really, and I don't baby my clubs at all.

Pretty forgiving club for sure, and I'm definitely hitting it quite further. The feel on the club is really nice, between my irons and FW/Driver. I don't see myself playing anything else for awhile. So shoutout to Paradym, and Callaway... well done.

Finally was able to hit these off grass today. Still really like the look and feel and the turf interaction was quite nice. That said, still could not get the spin numbers to an acceptable level even with a number of shaft changes.
How was your launch angle and descent angle? I didn't have any low spin issues, but I did have higher launch and steeper descent angle vs my old irons (same shafts). So holding greens hasn't been an issue.

Have you seen them in person? They look significantly better in hand IMO.

Have you seen them in person? They look significantly better in hand IMO.
I agree, but it’s also why they have Apex in their lineup as well.

I agree, but it’s also why they have Apex in their lineup as well.
The look is what kept me in Apex over Paradym. The look of the matte finish gave me all the feels.

But the regular Paradym was a similar topline to the Apex, which was a surprise for me. I expected it to look thicker.

I've been spending quite a bit of time with the X lately. These are just ridiculous for a SGI iron. Butter smooth when struck well, easy to identify the impact location when you don't, high launch that stops on a dime. The set I played goes through the 51 and I find myself just standing there watching the ball flight gobsmacked. Seems too good to be true. Currently in the lead for my next set.

I've been spending quite a bit of time with the X lately. These are just ridiculous for a SGI iron. Butter smooth when struck well, easy to identify the impact location when you don't, high launch that stops on a dime. The set I played goes through the 51 and I find myself just standing there watching the ball flight gobsmacked. Seems too good to be true. Currently in the lead for my next set.
Pretty good, aren't they?

What I have found most impressive with the X irons is the forgiveness. My miss is off the toe and the distance loss has been minimal. Maybe 5 to 7 yards only.

For many of us, we know our distances in our “best” swings. How many times are you king versus how many you’ve short. With the Paradym X, I am getting solid consistency in my distances besides being about a club longer.

I'm not someone who's used forged or players irons in the past. The core Paradym irons are very forgiving yet they feel like butter and sound amazing on a clean strike.

I'm interested how the X would have performed on course for me, as they flew high with a steep descent angle, but the core have me close to the same distance with a lot more spin (which I need).

I like the AW enough that I'm tempted to get the set GW as well.

The stock HZRDUS Silver shafts are still making me smile. I went with them in everything despite trying a few boutique shafts, and I've got zero regret.

I'm not someone who's used forged or players irons in the past. The core Paradym irons are very forgiving yet they feel like butter and sound amazing on a clean strike.

I'm interested how the X would have performed on course for me, as they flew high with a steep descent angle, but the core have me close to the same distance with a lot more spin (which I need).

I like the AW enough that I'm tempted to get the set GW as well.

The stock HZRDUS Silver shafts are still making me smile. I went with them in everything despite trying a few boutique shafts, and I've got zero regret.

I got the 51° in Paradym and it’s a beast like the regular set. Fits nicely in the setup. The only thing is now I am looking to change my wedge setup from a 54 and 58 wedges to the 51° GW and a 56° Jaws.

Back