Callaway X Forged CB Irons Review

if the lower irons end up bugging me I could possibly order the 8,9, and pw TCB’s for a similar look. I did get along well with the 7 iron
If you didn't notice it in the 7 you're probably good to go. Congrats on the purchase. They're fun clubs, and no matter what anyone says, they look sick in the bag.

If you didn't notice it in the 7 you're probably good to go. Congrats on the purchase. They're fun clubs, and no matter what anyone says, they look sick in the bag.
But that 8 iron offset.... 👀

So last week I decided to order the AW to add to my 5-PW. It was cheaper than buying a whole set of Apex 21 Pros. This morning it moved from 1-2 weeks to "backordered" until early August :eek: :unsure:. I told a rep today that if that is a real date I'd probably just cancel the order (I'd talk myself into the Apex 21s before August comes around). He assured me that it seems like an error as none of the material is beyond early March. Gonna give it a wait but not waiting almost 6 months for this AW.

my set is on the delivery truck. Patiently waiting in my office

my set is on the delivery truck. Patiently waiting in my office
I hope you like them as much as I do. I really like my set.

I hope you like them as much as I do. I really like my set.
Same here, it came to these and the apex pros which were also great. I got a bit better numbers with this 7 iron and actually really like the industrial look

I got them, definitelygoing to have book a sim round this week to see how they compare to the mizuno 921 forged

Put some swings on these today too. Haven't played my set in a bit. I really do like the feel of them. I would give them that edge over the Apex Pros. Hoping my TCB's have a similar feel, without some of the things I don't like about the CB's.

So last week I decided to order the AW to add to my 5-PW. It was cheaper than buying a whole set of Apex 21 Pros. This morning it moved from 1-2 weeks to "backordered" until early August :eek: :unsure:. I told a rep today that if that is a real date I'd probably just cancel the order (I'd talk myself into the Apex 21s before August comes around). He assured me that it seems like an error as none of the material is beyond early March. Gonna give it a wait but not waiting almost 6 months for this AW.

My AW took 8 weeks. I still haven’t hit it yet thanks to winter.

I cannot wait to hear this feedback.

Get after it!

Friday afternoon I should be able to get a round or 2 at the indoor sim place. Will update once it happens

I brought my jpx 921 forged with me today to the office so I could compare put them side by side with my newly acquired forged cb’s. There is a size difference for sure but not as much as I thought there would be. One thing to note is I ordered my jpx 1/4” short of standard and the cb’s are Callaway standard length and the Mizzy’s are still a 1/4” longer. I have a sim round planned for tomorrow afternoon and was planning on playing the cb’s but I have to get the lies flattened before taking them out. Below are a a few comparison pictures

Attachments

• 30600225-D6CF-4602-9820-97AEAAB1439F.jpeg
    30600225-D6CF-4602-9820-97AEAAB1439F.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 08F14E5C-5708-4722-B303-47E4149B33DE.jpeg
    08F14E5C-5708-4722-B303-47E4149B33DE.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 18
  • B328AA9A-B059-4E85-92EA-5D84CA6D973E.jpeg
    B328AA9A-B059-4E85-92EA-5D84CA6D973E.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 1BB97732-8DDB-43FE-B544-86E721E0F961.jpeg
    1BB97732-8DDB-43FE-B544-86E721E0F961.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 16
I finally hit the AW I ordered back in October. It was so good on both partial and full shots. Despite the rust I thought distance control was excellent.

I finally hit the AW I ordered back in October. It was so good on both partial and full shots. Despite the rust I thought distance control was excellent.
I hope mine comes before the expected ship dates of JUL or AUG...I may get antsy and cancel this order and get the Apex Pros be then. Would love to see the same results as you when I put it in the bag.

I hope mine comes before the expected ship dates of JUL or AUG...I may get antsy and cancel this order and get the Apex Pros be then. Would love to see the same results as you when I put it in the bag.
Wow, that is some serious back order time. If the x-forged are this backordered how long before the apex pros are showing the same thing?

Because it is a spot in the bag where I need to hit a wide variety of shots with I’m considering keeping it in the bag after the Apex pros arrive. 1 round but it was good.

Bummer on the back order delay that is a long wait. Hopefully they get that figured out.

Yikes. There should be a pretty clean set of 4-P IO 6.5 +1/4" hitting CPO soon for anyone they might fit or doesn't want to wait.

The Ace. Oh so near, oh so far..

They're unicorns. They only exist in story and on tv! :p

You getting them dialed in, Dan?
When I put a good move on the ball? HELL yeah.

I am so incredibly into the super dense contact experience.

When I put a good move on the ball? HELL yeah.

I am so incredibly into the super dense contact experience.
Awesome. They feel and sound better than the Apex Pros to me. Nothing about those 2 things to complain about.

That offset is sexy. Hoping mine get here end of this week.
I expect a lot of pics! Do you still have the XFCB too? Really interested how they compare.

Back