Calling all Carolinians

Decent amount of ice here. Power has been out for about 9 hours now hopefully she comes back soon

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Decent amount of ice here. Power has been out for about 9 hours now hopefully she comes back soon

​LOVE my generator!

Yikes! Hope your phone battery holds out

Stay warm and safe

Stay warm.

I'm on the way to the course. They are open and no one is on the course. Weird.

I have a better weather question here.

Planning a trip to pinehurst the last weekend in march.

Can anyone give some recommendations for course conditions at this time ? Will Pinehurst be ready? Dormant grass?

Planning on playing 2, 4 and 8.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have a better weather question here.

Planning a trip to pinehurst the last weekend in march.

Can anyone give some recommendations for course conditions at this time ? Will Pinehurst be ready? Dormant grass?

Planning on playing 2, 4 and 8.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Probably still dormant but will be in good shape. They also dye everything green so it will still look green even if dormant. I played it in the beginning of March last year and it was in good shape.

Today a predicted high of 31. February 2nd predicted high of 73. Gotta love it.

Well it looks like today or tomorrow is my last day of storm here in North Carolina. I have my clubs in the truck and it's warming up nicely. Would anyone care to join me for a round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still lots of snow on the ground here. Maybe 1 1/2 weeks worth.

I dont think you will have a problem getting out in Raleigh area by Tuesday some may still be closed but you will have some options

I dont think you will have a problem getting out in Raleigh area by Tuesday some may still be closed but you will have some options

Sounds good, and good options I should look at?

Do they still have you on the east side of Raleigh?

They do, we stayed in wake forest last night.

Was trying to convince John to play in MB on Tuesday, but if plans fall through I may be able to get up there and tee up with you guys.

As far as what drains good I would check out River Ridge, Lonnie Poole, UNC Finley all drain pretty well.

Thanks man! I may check out UNC being that's in the direction of me going home. Hopefully they aren't to picky about attire, I highly doubt I have golf clothes in my luggage.

Thanks man! I may check out UNC being that's in the direction of me going home. Hopefully they aren't to picky about attire, I highly doubt I have golf clothes in my luggage.

They may have more snow as well as the west side got a bit more. I am just going off what I see out my window on the east.

They may have more snow as well as the west side got a bit more. I am just going off what I see out my window on the east.

Well I'm in the Archer Lodge area today, and there is no snow or ice here. It's actually a beautiful day out here.

Anyone in the Charlotte NC area have a set up to install shafts? I am changing out to graphite in my irons due to elbow issues and really want to have my hands involved in the process. I just want to be sure lengths are correct and SW as well. I just don't trust many people to do the work I'm looking for. I am more than happy to throw in a few bucks for your trouble. PM me if anyone is interested in helping. Thanks!!!

FYI, per UNC Finley's website, 'proper golf attire' is required.

FYI, per UNC Finley's website, 'proper golf attire' is required.

They will be closed they said, they still have snow cover.

They will be closed they said, they still have snow cover.

Bummer. It's a fun course. Hopefully you can get in a round while you are here.

It's not looking great. It's a 13-14 hour back to Michigan so I was kinda hoping to get out earlyish. All the placing that lighting listed are a no or call back in the morning. I don't mind hanging around until early afternoon if I can for sure play, being it's going to be 60* while it's 20s-30* at home. But I don't want to wait around and then not get to get out and play.

Well I got ahold of the Neuse golf club and they said they think they can get me out tomorrow so that's good. Hopefully it's a nice. Which it doesn't really matter I'm a Michigander playing golf in January, lol.

Back