Calling all Carolinians

Well I got ahold of the Neuse golf club and they said they think they can get me out tomorrow so that's good. Hopefully it's a nice. Which it doesn't really matter I'm a Michigander playing golf in January, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news! I played this Saturday in Wilmington (wind chill in the teens) and I was the only idiot on the course. Don't think I would want to play in that sort of temps often, but it was fun not having to wait on anyone.

Good news! I played this Saturday in Wilmington (wind chill in the teens) and I was the only idiot on the course. Don't think I would want to play in that sort of temps often, but it was fun not having to wait on anyone.

Idk if I'd call it lucky, but I was in Illinois early in the week with -5 to -10* windchills Monday and Tuesday so as cold as it got here, it wasn't to bad.

Well I got ahold of the Neuse golf club and they said they think they can get me out tomorrow so that's good. Hopefully it's a nice. Which it doesn't really matter I'm a Michigander playing golf in January, lol.

The Neuse is a solid course. It will be very wet I am sure but hey it is golf.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Neuse is a solid course. It will be very wet I am sure but hey it is golf.

Well, it doesn't sound near as fun now... Lol. Lucky me I'm a picker, or I was at the end of last year. Who knows what my swing will be like now.

Well, it doesn't sound near as fun now... Lol. Lucky me I'm a picker, or I was at the end of last year. Who knows what my swing will be like now.

River ridge is also open just got the email. It drains better than the Neuse and they are only charging $30 to play so not a bad deal.

River ridge is also open just got the email. It drains better than the Neuse and they are only charging $30 to play so not a bad deal.

Alright thanks! They still haven't told us if we are heading home tomorrow or not, so we will see.

Wendell is close to Nuese and I got an email from them today $1per hole. They're CPO and going to be squishy. Nice folks out there tho.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Played the CC yesterday. It's bad. There are at least five holes that are so waterlogged it makes playing them horrible. At this point I think they're better off just shutting her down for a couple months and letting her dry off without idiots trying to run a cart through a water saturated fairway.

With all the rain and now snow and ice we've had, it will take a few weeks before the local course are halfway playable.

You can still find a dry course here and there. There's a small semi-private course call Southern Wayne country club that is dry and u can drive on fairways. Just good ole dry sandy Carolina dirt. Nice little lay out, decent greens and nice fairways. It's the only place I can go to and ride.

My club is going to reopen Sunday. It will be 2 weeks since I have played and I'm not sure what to expect out of myself.

15739ca98bf963417fc7e58a133ac66b.jpg

Golfsmith Xtreme on Glenwood in Raleigh has them. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Gonna try and play the Dye course at Barefoot tomorrow at noon if anyone wants to get out. I think it's $63.00 which is a steal for that track.

Lot's of nail biting!

As usual the Dye club at Barefoot is in stellar shape, Tomorrow thru Sunday they have a superbowl special for $50 bucks a round. Today was windy as hell but that place tests every part of your game in normal conditions, what a great day.

I'm heading down to play #2 tomorrow. Looking like it's going to be a little wet.

Posting and subscribing since there's a good chance I ended up at Ft. Bragg from 2017 to 2020. It's not definite yet, but it's my first choice!

Posting and subscribing since there's a good chance I ended up at Ft. Bragg from 2017 to 2020. It's not definite yet, but it's my first choice!

You could do worse! Wife and I came here in '07 from Alaska, she was stationed at Seymour-Johnson until she got out a few years ago. We decided to stay in NC, moved from Goldsboro closer to Raleigh and have settled here. Fayetteville isn't too terribly far from either the coast, or the triangle (Raleigh-Durham area) lots of us around here. I've not been here terribly long, but I understand there's some well-known golf course around here Pinecone, or Pinetree...something like that :alien:

Let us know how it goes, and wherever you go I hope you like it!

You could do worse! Wife and I came here in '07 from Alaska, she was stationed at Seymour-Johnson until she got out a few years ago. We decided to stay in NC, moved from Goldsboro closer to Raleigh and have settled here. Fayetteville isn't too terribly far from either the coast, or the triangle (Raleigh-Durham area) lots of us around here. I've not been here terribly long, but I understand there's some well-known golf course around here Pinecone, or Pinetree...something like that :alien:

Let us know how it goes, and wherever you go I hope you like it!

My dad and stepmom own a house in Carrboro so going to NC is definitely not a bad thing! I've heard so-so things about Fayetteville, but if that's where I end up I plan on living 45 minutes in some direction so things should be fine. I heard something about the Pinetree course before. Or maybe I read about it on the internets :wink:. Assuming it works out I look forward to teeing it up with you all next year!

You boys have been awful quiet lately. What have you boys been up to?
Weather is hopefully about to get a bit better. What is everyone's upcoming weekends looking like for another get together somewhere?

Man I've been slammed with travel but I did manage to get to the range a couple times and I played the Dye club at Barefoot with some pretty good results considering the 40 mph winds.

I'm game to hook up, next weekend is a travel weekend for me so I can't do that but the following 2 weekends are good with me, I'm looking forward to it.

Man I've been slammed with travel but I did manage to get to the range a couple times and I played the Dye club at Barefoot with some pretty good results considering the 40 mph winds.

I'm game to hook up, next weekend is a travel weekend for me so I can't do that but the following 2 weekends are good with me, I'm looking forward to it.
Very nice I have a good bit of traveling coming up at the end of this month that time of year I guess. Hopefully slows down a bit soon

Yeah man, I'll be in Raleigh next week dude, let's hook up for a bite of grub or something. I usually stay near crabrtree and eat at the CCake factory or McCormick and Schmicks, I'd love to buy you dinner.

Back