Calling All Hotheads!

sounds like a medicine ive seen advertised on tv

I use Franks on almost anything. Not overly ambitious when it comes to finding new hot sauces, haha.

Steel Tappin'

I understand this. I like Franks, I use it as the bas for my wing sauces, but when I want a more exotic flavor I look elsewhere. A great habenero sauce is the perfect heat and flavor for me.
I use Franks on almost anything. Not overly ambitious when it comes to finding new hot sauces, haha.

Steel Tappin'

I have found a reasonably priced vial of >98% pure capsaicin. 32 dollars for 1.35 grams. Not bad, considering 1 crystal the size of a grain of salt can make a can of soup 10 times as hot as Tabasco sauce.

Franks, I put that sh!t on everything!!

I love hot foods of all sorts. Actually, whenever I go to a Thai food restaurant I don't even look at the menu. I just ask them to bring me the spiciest thing on their menu. Ate 6 blazin wings the first time I ever went to B-Dubs and decided they were pretty tame. Took the blazin' challenge that same night and barely broke a sweat.
So to reiterate, yes, I love heat and lots of it. However, Jacob, that stuff your talking about is pure torturous madness!!!

Just tried all three of the above bottles and they are unbelievably good. Just awesome.

The chocolate habanero is very garlic and cumin heavy, with a good punch of heat, but very slow building.

The Trinidad and Bhut Jolokia are similar, but he Trinidad is more blueberry based, and the Bhut Jolokia tastes strongly of apples.

Heat level for most chili-heads is very manageable, but way out of most peoples range. These are not Tabasco sauces, they probably drop in at the 100,000 Scoville range, but you can use enough of them to enjoy the full range of their flavor. I tested by taking spoonfulls, if that tells you anything.

So, guess what I ate today?

Two whole Bhut Jolokia peppers, or, as they are often referred too: Ghost chilies.

Not too bad, really. The first one was quite manageable, but the second one was considerably hotter, and presented a pretty challenging heat level. I teared up a bit and started sweating, but other than that, I could handle it without much difficulty.

I put hot sauce on everything. cereal, morning coffee, dead cow, ice cream, you name it...and it gets splashed with satans juice

+1---I have made myself a peanut butter and habenaro sauce sandwich. I make my own salsa. Most commercial brands lack freshness and most importantly a acceptable level of heat.

My man!

I had a sandwich today which had a pickled habanero (which are unbelievably delicious and sweet) and Nutella. Amazing.
+1---I have made myself a peanut butter and habenaro sauce sandwich. I make my own salsa. Most commercial brands lack freshness and most importantly a acceptable level of heat.

My man!

I had a sandwich today which had a pickled habanero (which are unbelievably delicious and sweet) and Nutella. Amazing.

Thread jack but I need to pick up some more Nutella... love that stuff

It is amazing.

The bhut jolokia peppers got their revenge on me just now.
Thread jack but I need to pick up some more Nutella... love that stuff

It is amazing.

The bhut jolokia peppers got their revenge on me just now.

I am not a hot sauce connoisseur but i do like it indeed. Will try some sort of combo with the Nutella next time.

Took on the Blazin Wing Challenge at BDubs today. Aced it.

Dude I wonder if I could grow some of those peppers during the summer. We get good weather during the summer. How long do they take to grow?

Getting them to germinate is the hard part. I am not the guy to ask, but ours are growing pretty slowly.

You need a pretty much constant 80* heat and a lot of sun.
Dude I wonder if I could grow some of those peppers during the summer. We get good weather during the summer. How long do they take to grow?

Getting them to germinate is the hard part. I am not the guy to ask, but ours are growing pretty slowly.

You need a pretty much constant 80* heat and a lot of sun.

Eh, maybe not then. I'll start a secret garden at Clemson lol. I just want to prank people with hot peppers.

I wouldn't. Some of the stuff I have in my pantry will make someone violently ill if they are not used to it.
Eh, maybe not then. I'll start a secret garden at Clemson lol. I just want to prank people with hot peppers.

I wouldn't. Some of the stuff I have in my pantry will make someone violently ill if they are not used to it.

Yeah but then they'd get better. Hahaha. What's a prank if it's forgettable?

I need to up my hotness tolerance. I can go pretty hot, but it's not like I train or anything.

Back