Can't hit my custom clubs?

Charles Ross

Reaction score
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
Handicap
Hello there,

I used to play a bit of golf and got into the 80s. Then six years ago we had kids and my golfing has been limited.

Two years ago I bought a set of custom clubs from Dimension Z (steel and stiff shafts). I'm finally back to playing this year and I can't hit the clubs worth a darn. Been shooting between 105-110 with them and giving many shots away. So last week I dug out my quite graphite, regular shafts Goldwin AVDP clubs (long off the market) and all of a sudden my stroke is back. Still have some refining to do, but I'm hitting much better with the old clubs and scoring in the low-mid 90s right now.

That's not sitting well with me, as I spend good money on the clubs. Does anyone have any advice to offer? Is this a common story for hacks like me?

Thanks in advance for offering your help/2 cents!

Charles

I would hook up with a PGA teaching professional. Always better to have a qualified set of eyes looking at your swing.

Hey charles...have you hit anything that was made in the last 10 years. Irons have come a long way as far as forgiveness goes. I had never really heard of the sets you are talkin about. So, its very hard to give feedback

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

So I'll be the guy this time, this is the ask the pro section, and what should we wait for???

Sorry...I can't tell what thread it is on tapatalk

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Back