Cart situation with social distancing?

Thanks for all of the info guys!

I believe I've played 12 courses so far since covid, and up until yesterday, every course had encouraged single riders. However the course we played at yesterday went the opposite direction(n) Single rider carts were available but cost an extra $5. He also attempted to have me pay in cash stating there'd be an additional charge if I used my credit card. He wanted to swipe it I told him I'd rather read it to him. It was a decent drive over there and since all 4 of us drove over separately I decided to still play rather than screw up everyone's day. Paid extra for single cart/using card etc... We shared a good day but I won't be going back to that course.

Last edited:
My home course is same household can ride in same cart. Otherwise it is one person per cart.

Same household is permitted here but I'm seeing the few occassions where they'd prefer the time apart.

My club just opened back up. Walking or use your own personal cart that is cart path only. Social distancing still applies. I ordered a push cart.

We were allowed to be in the cart if from the same household however some people complained, the sheriff stopped by and the course is now 1 person/1 cart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can only speak to the policy where I play. The City has dictated only one person to a cart. Even if it seems reasonable to allow family members to share a cart, get away from the clubhouse and people see others riding two to a cart immediately they feel "if they can I can". No one is there to explain that they are family members. Except for members, two people have to share a cart in the sense that both bags are on the cart but one has to walk. They are also not supposed to "switch off" who is driving the cart.

At our course, only 1 per cart, no exceptions. and only 4 per hole, no 5somes.

What I’ve seen down here in Florida is single rider per cart, unless the player is younger.

Definitely interesting to see four carts on the course, however it doesn’t seem to speed up play.

They didn’t allow it on any of the courses I played in FL over the past 3 weeks. No exceptions

Our course which would open tomorrow after shutdown if there weren't 15" of snow on the ground allows same household folks in one cart with all others as singles and only from 10-12 each day to allow for disinfecting after.

Before the NJ shutdown, our golf manager saw my group riding one to a cart and informed us that he might charge an additional $20 or so for the privilege of riding single! Not sure if he can do this, and how that is in the spirit of promoting safe distancing.

4 course here are walking only & no rental pull carts, 1 is single rider per cart not sure about household & the last is the CC so I don't know about it.

My course is doing single riders per cart unless people want to pair up (some still actually do). They're also allowing walking, which they've never done before - it was always mandatory carts.

Now that courses are opening up in Wisconsin and Minnesota, I was wondering if they will allow people in the same house to use the same cart. Times are tough and having to clean all those carts is costly for places that are hurting already.

Do they allow you to ride with someone in your own household?
In AZ, it started that way where family could share, but lately I have seen courses tell people one cart per person. The pro at my course said buddies were showing up claiming to be brothers.

Ours allows carts - singles or family members only.

Up until the PA Gov closed the courses the course I play the guy in the pro shop was wiping down the carts and had the solution and a rag if you wanted to further do it.
He was doing this a week before the shut down for good measure.
I can't see our Gov opening the courses until May. Reason being he's a douche bag.

Last edited:
In AZ, it started that way where family could share, but lately I have seen courses tell people one cart per person. The pro at my course said buddies were showing up claiming to be brothers.
People suck sometimes. They are trying to keep everyone safe and people go and lie about the dumbest stuff.

Courses still closed here. Just before shelter in place a few courses announced they were going to one person per cart and but you only paid the shared cart price. Once shelter in place is over we'll have to see if those courses go back to that. As long as they've been down they may not be able to afford it.

Wondering what is going to happen to the price to eat out. Restaurants really getting hammered and the guidelines suggest they'll have to open with half the seating. I don't see how most restaurants can reopen under those conditions.

Here I've seen single riders in cars unless they are in the same household. At my in-laws club in Florida, they have to take separate carts no matter what. Club doesn't want any chance of anyone being able to report them on lack of social distance measures.

1) I think we are opening up 2 weeks too soon, but that’s for other threads I won’t go into anymore because people are crazy.

2) I’m not going to ride in a cart for some time. Nothing but carrying at 8am dew sweeping sessions for me.

Quick note on the one per cart here approach with no exceptions. They don’t want people to see occasional 2 pet cart and wonder what the heck is going on. Avoiding exceptions even if they make sense is better for the overall golf experience and nervous ever watching neighbors. 😉

No carts - push cart for me.

No carts - push cart for me.
You know, this has been the kick in the ass to get me to start doing more of the same.

Now that courses are opening up in Wisconsin and Minnesota, I was wondering if they will allow people in the same house to use the same cart. Times are tough and having to clean all those carts is costly for places that are hurting already.

Do they allow you to ride with someone in your own household?

My course opens Monday and they are encouraging walking but carts will be available on a limited basis. One to a cart except same household. No guests are allowed and no storing of any clubs or push carts at the club. Locker room and clubhouse are closed but the cantina out on the course and the deli window at the club will be open. Luckily we have and app so we can make tee times and order food and drinks from the Foretees app. Can’t wait to get out there and I’m playing Monday through Friday every day.:golf::golf::golf::golf::golf:

Back