Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty

Really stunned at everyone's surprise at the outcome. Did she do it? Yes, I have no doubt. Did the prosecution prove she did it? Nope, not even CLOSE!

They couldn't say when the girl died.

They couldn't say where she died.

They couldn't say how she died. (they didn't prove the chloroform killed her, only that it was googled and may have)

They couldn't say why she died (they had a theory, that Casey wanted to be "free" but they didn't prove that either).

If you can't prove any of the when, where, how or why questions, what else is a jury supposed to do. All the prosecution proved was that Casey was a crappy human being and lied a bazzilion times, that's no where near enough to get a murder 1 conviction. Given the evidence they had, they should have either waited to build a stronger case (unlikely) or gone for negligent homicide which would have been a much, much easier get.

***Again, I'm certain she did it and not defending her in ANY way. But the jury did the only thing it could given the lack of real evidence.

Couldn't have said it better myself...Hopefully at the very least, the state goes after ever penny she makes once she is out to cover the cost of the wild goose chase she lead investigators on.

Here's a news story... Lightning strikes tree by the Caylee Anthony memorial hours after sentencing was announced yesterday. Some call it a sign that someone is not particularly happy up in heaven to hear the news.

Here's the story from the Orlando Sentinel.

Here's a news story... Lightning strikes tree by the Caylee Anthony memorial hours after sentencing was announced yesterday. Some call it a sign that someone is not particularly happy up in heaven to hear the news.

Here's the story from the Orlando Sentinel.

Coincidence? I think not.

I don't know exactly what is going on here (haven't paid any attention whatsoever to this casey anthony or anything to do with it), I just have one question, was she only charged with murder 1 (which comes with a possible death penalty sentence), or was the jury allowed to deliberate and convict her of murder 2 (don't know what that statute in florida is, could be anything from 20 to life, 25 to life, or life in some places), or manslaughter 1? In my uneducated opinion it can be really tough (with good reason) these days to convict someone of a capital murder charge unless there's a smoking gun. So i'm just curious as to what possible convictions the jury was allowed to deliberate on. thanks

Back