Changing putting hands?

tmtitleist411

#covertpondering
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.9
Alright, I am so frustrated with my putting that I am considering buying a right handed putter and completely reworking my stroke ( I am normally left handed). Has anyone done this before and what have your results been? I'm just interested to know because it definitely seems like a viable option at this point. I'm so desperate, I have taken my 2-ball out of the bag in favor of a Hagen Jr. putter. Thanks!

Tried it a while back...bought a cheap RH putter just to play with from another THPer.

Didn't work out that well...only way it was even somewhat effective was if I held it like a hockey stick (left hand on grip, right hand 1/3 way down the shaft).

Alright, I am so frustrated with my putting that I am considering buying a right handed putter and completely reworking my stroke ( I am normally left handed). Has anyone done this before and what have your results been? I'm just interested to know because it definitely seems like a viable option at this point. I'm so desperate, I have taken my 2-ball out of the bag in favor of a Hagen Jr. putter. Thanks!

Have you worked with or considered working with a PGA Professional?

Tried it a while back...bought a cheap RH putter just to play with from another THPer.

Didn't work out that well...only way it was even somewhat effective was if I held it like a hockey stick (left hand on grip, right hand 1/3 way down the shaft).
One of my friends on the golf team has got a 2010 SC Cali in rh that I tried and loved the feel of. Idk maybe if I had an hour or so I could get pretty good at it… as my dad repeatedly (and often infuriatingly says), it's all about confidence.

My best bud plays right and putts left. It's actually a pretty natural flow. If you strike a putt with the back of you blade that is the feeling you will experience

It's actually a good way to learn how to read putts. RHers and LHers see putt lines completely different and cut corners/get lazy. Trying it the other way helps you get back to really reading true lines.

my dad plays right handed and putts left handed. he started as a bet many many years ago. he was putting horribly one round and had one of those putters that is flat on both sides, made a comment to his buddies that he could prob putt better left handed. they bet him that he wouldnt finish the round left handed and putt any better. he switched, putted well, stuck with it for a few rounds, and has been putting left handed ever since.

i have tried it a few times and can putt fairly well left handed. its all about what you are comfortable with and confident in.

One of my friends on the golf team has got a 2010 SC Cali in rh that I tried and loved the feel of. Idk maybe if I had an hour or so I could get pretty good at it… as my dad repeatedly (and often infuriatingly says), it's all about confidence.

...and so did some other guys like Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Tom Kite, Bobby Jones, Dave Stockton, and many more.

Go pick up "Putting Out Of Your Mind" by Bob Rotella and read it. (or listen to it.)

My girlfriends father does this. His touch with the putter is actually probably the best part of his game. Just a nice smooth cross handed stroke.

You guys need to stop giving me ideas... I already change putters like every 3-4 rounds, now I'm sure I'll want to try and go lefty too! :)

I would go for it. I golf LH, but putt RH. I got the idea from my boss a few years back who did the same, but opposite sides. Never thought of it before then. The results were drastically better. You may have a dominant eye which would favor putting one way or the other.

Give us a call - 800-985-8170 - or email info@seemore.com - we can help - get you a SeeMore and we can put you back on track - contact us anytime.

Back