Charity Auction - Private Course- How much would you bid?

August on that course is brutally humid. Gold bond accordingly!
Yeah..... we'll see how it works out. If FIL can come back in the fall that would be ideal. Grandkid will be here so would be better weather wise for sure.

I don't tend to value 'exclusivity', but I'm willing to dole out for a memorable experience. Benefits a charity I like, all the more. I'd imagine there could be at least a 1k bid if you can't get on it. What it's worth is up to the individual.

Let's face it, the people who can afford to play these courses already play them. The rest of us are the other guys.

Let's face it, the people who can afford to play these courses already play them. The rest of us are the other guys.

Not true. For those that only tune in to the big well publicized charity auctions....Yea, many with deep pockets and motivation to play these gems will outbid you.....Personally, having been successful buying many [as in over 30] of these type plays....you must dig and find the auctions which are more local and don't reach out to the whole world. I have 5 separate charities selling these plays loaded up right now.....active bidding....and I know 3 of them are folly to play with. Two of them I know I will have success. And the places to play are the same as the other offerings but the bid I will win with will be less than half probably 1/3 of the other auctions. For a few I have sent private messages regarding potential plays which I figured they would have interest in via options which won't bid out crazy.

2022 auction is live and I'm scoping out some golf items. Pablo is back...

I look at it about the donation. The golf is the bonus.

There are a few really good auctions throughout the year; there is one right now for top courses and rounds (charitybuzz, biddingforgood, etc).

If you really want to play that course, then these are a good chance to do so. And then you can write off certain amounts for taxes.

1650590594148.png

winner winner
Congrats! I think I found the auction...if so, it looks like you got it for quite the discount over last year. I love the auction game and the ability to get access to courses I couldn't even dream of. Hope you enjoy your round!

Back