Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

golf relaxes you? I don't know what kind of bizarro world golf you play... :p

It really does....It used to stress me out and drive me insane.....But after going from a 1 handicap to a 20 in a matter of a year.....
You learn what is important and once I found fun again, I started playing MUCH better.

It really does....It used to stress me out and drive me insane.....But after going from a 1 handicap to a 20 in a matter of a year.....
You learn what is important and once I found fun again, I started playing MUCH better.

I almost always have fun playing golf (only exceptions being 6 hour rounds and jackwagons trying to start fights), but that doesn't mean I'm relaxed about it :)

Well I guess I forgot to mention that I tend to have a captain and coke along with me? :p

anyone have any course recommendations around the NW suburbs like Schaumburg, Hoffman Estates, or nearby areas? I figure staying close to Schaumburg gives me a lot of easy dining options after.

anyone have any course recommendations around the NW suburbs like Schaumburg, Hoffman Estates, or nearby areas? I figure staying close to Schaumburg gives me a lot of easy dining options after.

If you have not played Schaumburg Golf Club, that would be a great option. 27 holes there, good golf...really good location. Hilldale in Hoffman is pretty good location wise but inferior golf imho. I think you have played Bridges.

If you have not played Schaumburg Golf Club, that would be a great option. 27 holes there, good golf...really good location. Hilldale in Hoffman is pretty good location wise but inferior golf imho. I think you have played Bridges.

I'm playing with an out of town friend on Friday at 3:20 at Schaumburg. It's just the 2 of us so anyone wanting to join in should grab the other spots on golfnow.

On a separate note, anyone considering the trip to Des Moines?

Last edited:
#6 on the Players 9 at schaumburg golf club is a really tough par 4... Really tough!

anyone want to play during the week this week? I'll be overseas for a while starting Friday so I want to get a few rounds in before I leave. My week is pretty open through Thursday.

anyone want to play during the week this week? I'll be overseas for a while starting Friday so I want to get a few rounds in before I leave. My week is pretty open through Thursday.

I wish I could buddy, unfortunately we have a policy here at work that only 1 person can be off at a time. Someone already has it.
Have a safe trip, and I hope to catch you after you return.

Hey there are some open spots for the Ryder Cup event at Renwood on October 5th. Great event if you're interested!

Hey there are some open spots for the Ryder Cup event at Renwood on October 5th. Great event if you're interested!

can I play two spots? ?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

can I play two spots? 

If you wanna pay twice....but I'm not sure how tired you'll be after 27 holes of playing for two folks :p Plus, what if you get drafted on two different teams ;P

Newbie to THP; just signed up today so I could post in this thread. I live downtown and am always struggling to find games on the weekends. I have a good number of friends who play, but it's like pulling teeth to get 3 of them together to play on the weekends. Thought I'd post on this thread to see if anyone ever needed a 4th around Chicago.

I'm 30 yrs old, have been playing off and on for about 20 years. Recently caught the bug again and have been trying to play once a weekend. Around a 15 handicap, but that's not official. Usual budget for a round is around the $60 range.

Please let me know if anyone has a game that they need another person for!

Newbie to THP; just signed up today so I could post in this thread. I live downtown and am always struggling to find games on the weekends. I have a good number of friends who play, but it's like pulling teeth to get 3 of them together to play on the weekends. Thought I'd post on this thread to see if anyone ever needed a 4th around Chicago.

I'm 30 yrs old, have been playing off and on for about 20 years. Recently caught the bug again and have been trying to play once a weekend. Around a 15 handicap, but that's not official. Usual budget for a round is around the $60 range.

Welcome! There are frequently people looking for players in here.

If you wanna pay twice....but I'm not sure how tired you'll be after 27 holes of playing for two folks :p Plus, what if you get drafted on two different teams ;P

Getting drafted by two teams would be perfect, I could just play against myself. And much better odds of winning :)

Welcome aboard jhkaplan!

welcome aboard! I live near downtown but always drive out to the burbs to play the decent courses. I'm usually the one looking for games and hearing crickets on reply :p I'm out of the country for a week or 2 but hopefully we'll get a few rounds in before the 7 months of winter.

welcome aboard! I live near downtown but always drive out to the burbs to play the decent courses. I'm usually the one looking for games and hearing crickets on reply :p I'm out of the country for a week or 2 but hopefully we'll get a few rounds in before the 7 months of winter.

Awesome let me know! I'm running the Chicago marathon on the 13th, but any other weekend would work for me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

What's up guys? I need a few more rounds to get into form for Sarasota next month so I hope to play with some Chicago peeps in the interim. Hopefully the weather will hold up for a while longer.

What's up guys? I need a few more rounds to get into form for Sarasota next month so I hope to play with some Chicago peeps in the interim. Hopefully the weather will hold up for a while longer.

Might be able to get a round in this weekend...

I like to party....I mean, play golf :) Gonna be in the 50's this weekend....and I've got a 50% off on Ezlinks and 25% on golf now.....

Saturday???

Depending on price and relative proximity to the city (no more than an hour or so out), I'm in.

Back