Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

That's just the most depressing news ever after it being near 60* this past weekend! Stupid Illinois weather!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm still hoping it goes southeast

I'm still nervous playing real golf after all the swing work I did this fall-winter.Hope we can all meet up for a full day at cog (dubs - twice or dubs-ravine).You only live once,most it will be is a $500 day which isn't bad at all.

I need to play golf! I am doing whatever I can to get out this weekend!

Let me know when you have a plan....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just the most depressing news ever after it being near 60* this past weekend! Stupid Illinois weather!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sorry ping. Our weather sucks. And baseball starts next week. Need to figure out how to sneak out of that for golf.

Ironically someone posted Plymouth Indiana Swan Lake Resort.Found a heck of a deal from them this year.For $180 per person,they are offering a room at the hotel-free Inperson swing analysis and lesson-lunch and dinner-unlimited range balls-18 holes.Cant beat that really.About an hour 10 minute drive for me,but looks like a nice facility

I could be up for some northern golf this year. If something gets set up and it works with my schedule. I'm about 6 hours from Chicago, but I'll make my way up for for THP golf.

I could be up for some northern golf this year. If something gets set up and it works with my schedule. I'm about 6 hours from Chicago, but I'll make my way up for for THP golf.

How's the golf at the Rend Lake area? Be nice to stay at the resort. Isn't there a couple of courses there?

How's the golf at the Rend Lake area? Be nice to stay at the resort. Isn't there a couple of courses there?

I've only played there a couple times. It's a 27 hole course, pretty wide open from what I remember. They usually keep it in decent shape, but I like other courses in my area better and it's kind of out in the middle of nowhere so I never make it up there.

50d17bacc42758f2e1eb30379c06a2b7.jpg

Cheers from the Golf Expo! Got a couple of free and half priced rounds today!

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

How is the expo been disappointed the last few years

I have a 130 demo fitting for the c200 tomorrow. Can't wait to swing these things

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Thinking of heading to the Rosemont Golf show this weekend...Possible on Sunday!

I havent been since I was a child so it was fun for me.

Callaway,Srixon,NipponShafts (TMag),Wilson and Tour Edge had full demo sets. Long putt contest, closest to pin contest (trugolf simulator). Instruction from PGA Teachers on swing and putting.

Lots of opportunities to win free rounds. If my battery wasnt low when I got there I would have taken lots of pictures. Contemplating going tomorrow, there were some nice sales onTitleist hats ($10 each 3/$25) A Scotty Cameron (and other brands) rep was there also with new and used putters for prices lower than retail and didnt mind bargaining either. Id recommend people to give it a try..

I've only played there a couple times. It's a 27 hole course, pretty wide open from what I remember. They usually keep it in decent shape, but I like other courses in my area better and it's kind of out in the middle of nowhere so I never make it up there.
Hey So-ILL what is the name of thr track in between Murphysboro and Carbondale? Close to a pawn shop and it has a driving range.. (Vague right? ) But if my memory doesnt fail me, it was a pretty decent course. Definitely thinking about coming down there when the weather breaks. That course brought back my love for golf.

Hey So-ILL what is the name of thr track in between Murphysboro and Carbondale? Close to a pawn shop and it has a driving range.. (Vague right? ) But if my memory doesnt fail me, it was a pretty decent course. Definitely thinking about coming down there when the weather breaks. That course brought back my love for golf.

Funny you mention that, it's exactly 1 mile from my house according to my Golf Now app. It's Hickory Ridge and it's where I play the majority of my rounds. It really is a fun, challenging, but not overwhelming course and they do keep it in pretty good shape. Driving range is closed right now due to the soggy conditions, but should be opening back up soon. I'll be playing there Sunday.:D

Get a hold of me when you come down, we'll try to keep them out of the woods.

Funny you mention that, it's exactly 1 mile from my house according to my Golf Now app. It's Hickory Ridge and it's where I play the majority of my rounds. It really is a fun, challenging, but not overwhelming course and they do keep it in pretty good shape. Driving range is closed right now due to the soggy conditions, but should be opening back up soon. I'll be playing there Sunday.:D
Man, no bluffing I should be in Carbondale once or twice in the next couple of months with alumni week etc, might have to get a round in with you! Hickory Ridge I remember now..

1e6ca6623f3d529b8aa8681c767a79c4.jpg

0d9d306f1ab02b6369cc7e033e316d52.jpg

8d8cf60753e31c22bf2a8d94e3d13314.jpg

d838f766fc5095900af37f82b9e6e77c.jpg

90aff3c8bb41c05c01d85666187b8138.jpg

8dfb2a033444cd9a309db0fa29be0ad8.jpg

7a1a837458e0c5c7a4b57c754dcd7aa0.jpg

Man, no bluffing I should be in Carbondale once or twice in the next couple of months with alumni week etc, might have to get a round in with you! Hickory Ridge I remember now..

1e6ca6623f3d529b8aa8681c767a79c4.jpg

0d9d306f1ab02b6369cc7e033e316d52.jpg

8d8cf60753e31c22bf2a8d94e3d13314.jpg

d838f766fc5095900af37f82b9e6e77c.jpg

90aff3c8bb41c05c01d85666187b8138.jpg

8dfb2a033444cd9a309db0fa29be0ad8.jpg

7a1a837458e0c5c7a4b57c754dcd7aa0.jpg

Sounds good man! I really can't wait for the course to look like that again. I'm definitely ready for Spring!!! There is plenty of places at Hickory to get in trouble and it's no joke trying to walk 18 there.

Get a hold of me when you come down, we'll try to keep them out of the woods.

I lived at Hickory Ridge when I was at SIU. We played there when and Midland Hills a ton. Midland was like a dog track though. Anywhere the ball landed there was an explosion of sand. Pretty sure they used it as a military proving ground before it was a golf course.

I lived at Hickory Ridge when I was at SIU. We played there when and Midland Hills a ton. Midland was like a dog track though. Anywhere the ball landed there was an explosion of sand. Pretty sure they used it as a military proving ground before it was a golf course.

What years did you go to Southern?

Go Salukis!

97-00

Ah, yeah I was 08-12.

Midland Hills was where I picked up the game, I had a lot of great times playing really bad golf on a pasture. It's since closed down. It was great for the poor young crowd because it was BYOB, lots of cases of Keystone were killed there, LOL! I didn't go to SIU, but I grew up loving it, my friends went there, and so did my wife. I graduated HS in 98 and college just wasn't for me, I love the parties though... Go Dawgs!

Midland Hills was where I picked up the game, I had a lot of great times playing really bad golf on a pasture. It's since closed down. It was great for the poor young crowd because it was BYOB, lots of cases of Keystone were killed there, LOL! I didn't go to SIU, but I grew up loving it, my friends went there, and so did my wife. I graduated HS in 98 and college just wasn't for me, I love the parties though... Go Dawgs!

Lol! That place was clown shoes because of the BYOB. Just like you, many a 30 pack of keystone were killed in that course. Think it was $9 for 18 and a cart back then. Tons of fun. Really enjoyed my time in the Carbondale metroplex. Still have some good friends from those days. Based on the newsletter I get from my fraternity it looks like they've cleaned up the place a bit.

Back