I went through a ball fitting with Titleist and ended up on the Prov1x. I do like the performance i get from that ball. After all of the rave reviews here i also have tried the Tour BRXS for a few rounds. Great performance from the Bridgestone around the greens and softer off the putter. I could be happy with either ball really but i like the Prov1x just a bit more. I have a sleeve of the new Chrome soft i have not even tried also.

I bought a few of each ball and got on a launch monitor - driver and iron shots need to be in an acceptable range (not too high or low) and wedges need to spin on partials. Putter is my lowest concern if it meets everything else.

I always try new balls but it has to beat my current gamer in a meaningful way (usually as my swing changes)
I need to get in this camp. Would my SkyTrak provide accurate enough spin numbers to base my decision off?

It's a comfort thing for me. I try a ball, and if it works well for me, that's all that matters. I stay with it till the manufacturer discontinues it. One less thing to think about in my game.

On thing I look for in a ball is that it's readily available from multiple outlets. I don't want to go to one store. I don't do internet sales.

Truth be known, with my game, I'd shoot the same scores regardless of what brand/model ball I would use. With this, there's no need for me to buy expensive balls. Under $2 a ball works just fine for me.

This will be a great discussion!

For me way back I just gravitated to Bridgestone balls for various reasons. Never was fitted, but just gamed the RX. With the release of their V-Fit, it was awesome to see that I was gaming the right ball for me.

Now do I tend to stray? Rarely, but will dabble & try a new ball every now & then, but always find myself going back to using the ball that I was fit into & know what works.

I play the ball that stops the best on the green. That is entirely how I base my decision. I know that the AVX and the Tour B RX fly a little further off the tee (for me) than a Pro V1, but I can spin the V1 on the green with ease. The others not as much.

I know the Volvik Vivid flies a mile, but you pretty much have to use a texas wedge from 150 yards and in if you want it to stop within striking distance from the green.

I know that I can spin a TP5, but it feels like a rock to me off of the driver.

All of this adds up to a calculated decision to always play a Pro V1, with a Tour B RX as a happy second choice.

Since i've found little to no difference in actual real world performance while playing, i always choose a lower cost ball from one of the major brands. No need to throw away money on top of the line premium balls that Tour pros use when the $20/doz balls perform well. I shoot the same score with ProV1 as i do with a Bstone e6. #GolfBallTruth

I can see the benefit of playing one ball, but our course is littered with hazards so losing a ball isn't hard to do, and purchasing golf balls can get expensive. I play the golf balls that I find. Right now I have about 40 dozen ProV's, so I play those. I tested a variety of premium golf balls and find the ProV1x works best for me.

My latest ball is a forced choice.

I decided to game a triple track putter. That locks me into a triple track ball.

That being said, I have played the ERC Soft, Chromesoft and Chromesoft X. I am happy with all 3 and will play whichever of them I have in the bag.

I really liked the Srixon Z-Star! But, I need some spin reduction and I try to be cost conscious. So, I play the Q-Star Tour Yellow.

I have always been a fan of the soft ball and the feel it gives. At the moment I am using the Pro V1x as I really like the high ball flight it is giving me

I have done the Bridgestone online fitting and it recommended the BXS for me, so at some point I intend on picking some up for a trial

I also have a dozen TP5's waiting to be brought out

For me I am looking for something to help with spin. I'm not sure how to explain it, but i need help off the tee reducing my spin but at the same time being receptive on iron and wedge shots. I think feel is subjective so that is the toughest part to explain, but I will know when a golf ball is too firm bc I won't be able to compress it and get the distances I need to see.

Bridgestone B XS and your search is forever over!

Trial and error, but my process is always the same. Start my way from the green with the putter and work back towards the tee. The difference in feel is noticeable with the putter and shots around the green with a wedge. With a driver in my hands, balls feel pretty much the same.

I bounce around a lot. I want a ball that spins around the green that I can control when I need to but feels great off driver and irons. This year the Tour B line is impressing me but I have a few other balls in my stock to play before purchasing more.

I like a ball fitting for spin etc. Many of the OEM's have balls with similar characteristics ProV1x, TP5x etc. From there I'll play around with similar ones.

I have no choice now. Thanks to Fathers day Sunday and my birthday today I now have close to a years supply of Pro V 1's.
Thank you friends and family:p

I chose mine from lots and lots of hours of direct comparisons. I try to try others fairly often, but when it counts, I tend to stick with the one I know and trust.

I will test a lot of different balls when new balls come out in the Sim at Dick’s, but I always seem to gravitate back to the Chrome Soft & Z-Star.

Started golfing again after 13 years off, last year and found they didn't make Presep Pros anymore. Started with Calloway Supersoft, then tried the top Srixon and finally contacted Bridgestone to get their rec for a ball similar to my old favorite. Have been playing Tiger's ball since and love it, but when I did the Vokey fitting, I really liked the ProV1 practice balls so bought a dozen. No difference in my scores and I will be going back and forth between the BXS and Pro V! balls over the next few weeks to see which I prefer. Basically I like soft feel golf balls

I prefer a softer ball, and used to need a low-spin "control" ball to tame the huge slice I had then. I played the Bridgestone e6 for several years, then discovered the Callaway Supersoft, which I love. In keeping with the softer ball theme, I've been A/B'ing the Q Star Tour against the Supersoft lately. I don't have access to a launch monitor, so all my testing is done on the course, going by feel and actual ball flight. If a ball catches my eye, I'll buy a dozen of them and take them out on the course, compare them against a ball I know well and see if I like them better or not. Highly unscientific, I know. :LOL:

On a related note, doesn't everybody who does a Titleist fitting get fit into either the ProV1 or ProV1X? No matter who you are or what your game is like, they want to sell you their $48/dozen golf balls.

Before THP and when i first started golf i would play any ball, basically looked at what was on sale and bought them and played them. Then started reading about different balls on here and thought wow there is a big difference based on what people are stating. I started experimenting with different balls and did notice a difference in play and feel. Eventually I landed on the Q Star I like the fell and performance and price point. Then went to the Bridgestone event and got fitted into the Tour B RX and really enjoy this ball and still mostly play it. I will also play the Q star Tour and and the Srixon Z star or XV.

For the most part it's been a guessing game. I did the Bridgestone V Fit and felt good about what was selected for me at least until I submitted the exact same video with what I thought were the same answers and came back with a totally different ball. So now who knows.

In the past I liked toying around with different brands and models but I'm getting to the point of wanting to find one that works and sticking to it. I need to start building some consistency.

I found a Chrome Soft Truvis playing Squaw Valley last year. I played the back nine at 44 with the ball which is good for me. I liked that they came in yellow and were easy to spot when I searched for them. I found a deal for them and got 4 boxes for super cheap so I have been playing those.

Truth be known, with my game, I'd shoot the same scores regardless of what brand/model ball I would use. With this, there's no need for me to buy expensive balls.
AMEN :thankyou:

I chose the Bridgestone RX ball initially from a live fitting I went to 11 or 12 years ago. Each time I have done an online or video fitting, it has always recommended the RX and that is the ball that I am most comfortable playing. I have tried many other balls throughout the years, and although a few have been very close (Titleist AVX and Snell MTB Black), none have been able to exceed the performance and consistency that I get and like from the RX ball.

I do online ball fittings, but also like to test out different balls. Some rounds when I’m by myself, I play 2 balls for a 9 hole round, hitting drives, irons, chips and putts with each. Just comparing the on course performance. I have a main ball I stick too, and usually put others up against that. I also like to find a good deal, so cost does play a factor. One reason I’m so high on the Q-Star tour and the recent deal for $11 per dozen.

Back