Choosing Your Wedge Grind?

Titleist on-line recommendations, has been very accurate so far.

I can only read the descriptions and watch reviews, knowing that I'm a picker/scooper and play mostly on firmer turns.. cuts down the options and results have been lretty good

Choice of what was available. Versatile seemed like the best choice.

Anyone use the old ‘stick it on the floor and see what it looks like method’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Hogan does not have grind options so it was easy for me to choose. They have worked out well.

Ben Hogan does not have grind options so it was easy for me to choose. They have worked out well.

I do like the weight of the Hogan’s, pity I suck with wedges

The v-sole is good for the most part but I struggle out of the Colorado ‘sand’

I was part of the vokey experience as well, but I wasn't able to get a fitting due to COVID. I did a lot of research and the online fitting questionnaire. I read @Jman reviews on his vokeys. I thought a lot about what my short game requires as well as the conditions I play.

And I love my choices!

Wedge grinds are probably what I understand the least about golf equipment. What I mean is why relief in certain spots matters or why it helps. If I was going for something like Vokeys I’d want a fitting probably because they have so many options.

I tried the Cobra wide low option which had a wide sole and low bounce. I loved it out of the sand which seems to go against traditional thought in regards to SW bounce but I never really got comfortable with it anywhere else

That being said there was this guy that told me one time, maybe you’ve heard of him? Roger Effing Cleveland 😳 that said ...bounce is your friend. I usually go for the most versatile grind option and mid-high bounce. It has worked out pretty well.

Wedge grinds are probably what I understand the least about golf equipment. What I mean is why relief in certain spots matters or why it helps.

That being said there was this guy that told me one time, maybe you’ve heard of him? Roger Effing Cleveland 😳 that said ...bounce is your friend. I usually go for the most versatile grind option and mid-high bounce. It has worked out pretty well.

Other than the Roger Cleveland convo, this is me. I don’t understand the relief aspects and how they help. I liked my Hogan wedges so I tried to replicate those specs in the MIMs.

I do not have the option of trying before buying up here in nowhere land so when it came to ordering my T20s I did a ton of research online. Ended up ordering them with the S grind which has moderate toe and heel relief so I can manipulate the face but keeps a wide sole in the middle. Personally think I made a good choice, if I make the swing, these things are money! 😎

I've always just stuck to a standard grind since it seems to be the most versatile for the conditions I play in. That's really the only reason behind it.

My fitter recommended the 'S' grind to me, so that's what I got. Then I tried the PM Grind out of curiosity after reading the reviews of it here. The 'S' works great in my 54° slot as it's a versatile grind for general use, and the PM Grind 58° is absolutely amazing greenside and out of bunkers.

I like very little bounce in my lob and mid bounce in my sand, gap and pw are high bounce

Last edited:
I like very little bounce in my love, and mid bounce in my sand, gap and pw are high bounce
You don't like bouncy love?? What's wrong with you? 😉🤣🤣🤣

I usually go S grind in my lower and maybe something more bunker aimed in my 60. Vokey online tool is great. So is the one from Callaway.

For the most part. I think many golfers really over think wedge grinds.

I know I do. I like a little toe, heel relief.other wise I try not to over think it..

callaway master fitter gerritt pon at the grandaddy of em all. x grind ftw

I went with the fitter's suggestions both times.

Back