I just spray them with spray’n wash and throw them in the washing machine with other clothes, air dry. Come out looking like new.

Dish soap and an old toothbrush. Rinse well and hang to dry.

Into the washer hang to dry. I have used the dishwasher too

Apply a little dish detergent with an old toothbrush on outside and inside of hat where stained. Rinse and then soak for a few minutes in cold water. Rinse again in cold water. Shake off excess water. Hang to dry but not in sunlight. Shampoo would also work.
This is what I do and it works great. Never tried the shampoo

This is what I do and it works great. Never tried the shampoo

Shampoo is specifically designed to remove body oils etc. So it will work on sweat.

I’ve started keeping an old toothbrush in the shower. Apply a little shampoo and scrub with the toothbrush then leave it to hang in the shower until dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading all these people putting it in the dishwasher or washing machine....Does this not ruin the bill of the hat?

I use a 50/50 solution of water & vinegar. Soak the hat in water, spray the water/vinegar solution on the hat & let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse the hat thoroughly and let it dry. Sweat stains will be gone. (and as a bonus, the hat will NOT smell like a fish fry :LOL: )

I'm going to need to try this one.

I sweat even the cold and certainly in warm weather my hat ends up with the salt stains. Honestly....a clean wet rag and scrub. After so long we just eventually need a new hat....or 4 lol.

I wash mine in the washing machine (top load). I don't have any issues.

Reading all these people putting it in the dishwasher or washing machine....Does this not ruin the bill of the hat?

Never had an issue in the washing machine, can’t vouch for dishwasher as never attempted.

I “slosh” mine in warm sudsy water, and try to keep the bill mostly dry. Seems to work.

I also found that wearing my hats into a salt water pool or even the ocean makes them good as new! No kidding!

Back