Cleveland Monster XLS Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Many thought the Launcher was going to be Cleveland's only driver for 09. Well this just showed up begging to be reviewed.

439596393_jUY5o-L.jpg

439596466_T6eoe-L.jpg

439596556_HBgHH-L.jpg

439596633_p7xP6-L.jpg

439596712_aPdMv-L.jpg

Whoo hoo!

• Admin
Someone is going to have his hands full on Monday trying out new clubs Scooter.

That's cool. Maybe I should plan to get back with the family later then!

So they didnt send a launcher to be reviewed?

• Admin
On its way as well. They wanted me to try this one first. Since the Launcher has been reviewed by many countless times, THP tries to get newer stuff usually as well. So we asked to send this one first and we can revisit the Launcher soon.

• Admin
Got a chance to use this at the range and again in my round today. Early thoughts are.

1. This driver is SERIOUSLY LONG!
2. The loudest driver I have ever played hands down.
3. Absolutely LOVE the headcover.
4. The shaft has some nice play in it at the tip.
5. Very Forgiving.

We will use it for a few more rounds of course.

I hit one of these a few weeks ago at a demo. That thing is a sweet driver and like you said, very loud.

• Admin
Gasman,
They had this one or The Launcher? Cleveland had just told me yesterday that these were not out at demos yet.

I hit the launcher too, but it could of been last years hi bore now that I think about it. I hit a lot of drivers that day and im not too familiar with Clevelands line of drivers.

Very possible. THe Hibore XLS and this one look very similar. If you can get over the sound of their line, they make great drivers.

looks like a good driver, but not the shaft for me. it stinks that titleist is like the only company that has stock shafts with the trajectory i want

A shaft can be changed quite easily AK. And for me I would take so many other heads other than Titleists in my drivers....Again, just my opinion. And being a shaft guy like I am, I love that the Evolver can be changed.

But this driver is crazy long.

ya i know i can be changed, its just an extra hassle. the evolver and similar drivers are a great idea but i cant afford stuff like that.

Got the chance to see some seriously LONG players hit this today. Man is this club hot off the face. Also the loudest driver I have ever heard.

I attest to that! My ears are still ringing, but the club is easy and long!

I attest to that! My ears are still ringing, but the club is easy and long!

So would you guys say that this club is more forgiving then a Callaway FT-5? I know JB said the FT-5 is more of a high spin, players club.

It is definitely a forgiving driver.

Well, from a few hits with each (been awhile since I hit the ft5), yes, easily easier to hit.
The Nickent is the sleeper though, I like it more than my new beloved D3.
If I just wanted a no thinky, let 'er rip long forgiving driver...MONSTER.

Back