Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges

I love your loft set up. I having been thinking of adding a 60/mid to my bag. I have a love/hate relationship with the 56/low. I love it in tight lies, but I just can’t play it consistently out of the sand, especially when green side.

I had similar issues with the Low grind, changing to the Mid grind was the best decision for my game. It’s crazy how much difference that extra little bit of bounce made!

I had similar issues with the Low grind, changing to the Mid grind was the best decision for my game. It’s crazy how much difference that extra little bit of bounce made!

Sold. I’ll be ordering one tomorrow.

Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges

I think you’ll enjoy the hell out of it!

I have loved these RTX4 wedges. When I hit them properly, they are fantastic. First time I have been able to get a ball to check up on a green. I think mid grind is the best fit for me.

Last edited:
Wedge game took 9 holes to warm up today, so me and the wedges had a discussion at the turn over a vodka and pineapple juice. Must’ve been the pineapple juice because they warmed up and got some great pitch and chip shots with these suckers on the back 9. I still want to do some work with the lofts I carry being the 52 and 56, thinking I want to move back to a 54 and a 58 if I get the Z785’s turned a little stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#RTX4
#UPANDDOWN

Your post reminded me to post this picture of my 52/mid wedge shot from 81 yards out. I over shot it a bit, but the ball checked right up and rolled back. So much spin on these wedges. Ball mark in the foreground.

3884f9d2723d60506e3b442b46f6075a.jpg

I need to get fitted...my wedge game has gotten bad.

These wedges were so sharp the last couple of rounds...if my putting hadn’t been suspect as of late I would have scored really well. The wedges have certainly done their jobs, I had at least 4 putts inside 10’ for birdie off of full swing wedges. The one that sticks out the most to me was a knockdown 50 from 110, flighted down with a penetrating ball flight that bit hard pin high about 8’ left of the pin. Like I said...my putting...no feathers.

These wedges were so sharp the last couple of rounds...if my putting hadn’t been suspect as of late I would have scored really well. The wedges have certainly done their jobs, I had at least 4 putts inside 10’ for birdie off of full swing wedges. The one that sticks out the most to me was a knockdown 50 from 110, flighted down with a penetrating ball flight that bit hard pin high about 8’ left of the pin. Like I said...my putting...no feathers.

Do you have a go to wedge you are using around the green from the line?

Do you have a go to wedge you are using around the green from the line?

Around the green I usually use the 50 or the 54, depending on how much green I have to work with and the slope of the green. The 58 has mostly been for high soft shots to short sided pin, which I try to avoid. Having the Mid bounce on all 3 wedges is pretty comforting to play a lot of different shots around the green for me.

Around the green I usually use the 50 or the 54, depending on how much green I have to work with and the slope of the green. The 58 has mostly been for high soft shots to short sided pin, which I try to avoid. Having the Mid bounce on all 3 wedges is pretty comforting to play a lot of different shots around the green for me.

This is the first reason I have gone with all Mid Bounce as well and kind of feel the same way.

This is the first reason I have gone with all Mid Bounce as well and kind of feel the same way.

Tried a 60* with low bounce today...... quickly returned back to my normal mid bounce. Laying strips of sod for days with that low bounce.

After the failed experimentation with a 60* on the front 9, i went back to my normal mid grind 56 & 52, wow night and day for me. Favorite shots with these are the 40-75 yard shots that you can fly almost all the way to the hole and they just stop after a short hop. The feel of these wedges still amaze me, greenside and full swing. Gotta figure out the wedge gapping though.

Tried a 60* with low bounce today...... quickly returned back to my normal mid bounce. Laying strips of sod for days with that low bounce.

Sounds like you should play better. My low bounce 58 is a game changer around the greens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like you should play better. My low bounce 58 is a game changer around the greens

I know, I shouldn’t give up on it because my round today was day and night between front and back. 44 on the front, couldn’t hit anything solid anywhere until 9, then pured everything on the back for a 34.

Gave the rusty wedges a little bath last night and had a sincere talk with them about their recent inconsistent performance. What a great day with these from approach shots to around the green. I only hit 10 greens in regulation today, but on holes that I missed and used either the 52 or 56 I was 5 out of 7 up and down for par. 3 of those being really delicate short sided chips/pitches. They helped me score on a day where I didn’t have my best out there. I know earlier in this post we had discussed sand shots with these and at the time I hadn’t had any issues but now I am where bunker play has always been decent for my game. More to come, gotta get out there and do some problem solving in the sand.

Have been enjoying the mid-bounce 50, 54, and 58 quite a bit. I love the grooves and laser micro-milling, as well as the texture out towards the toe. These have plenty of spin as a result and though mid-bounce is kind of my go-to I was instantly comfortable. THe head shape is pleasing and reassuring, more natural to me than the hi-toe grinds in fashion. The 54* and 58* are very adept from sloppy lies and greenside, and @Canadan mentioned this some months ago but the low spinning 75-90% approach shot is so so solid. It has become my favorite. I still can open up the 58 and 54 as needed, which is nice around the green. The 50* is a reliable attack weapon from 105-125. V-soles seem to perform and the black finish is superb I love looking down at it.

I think the overall balance of the wedge, with mid bounce and classic head shape is really well executed and suits me. They are working great for me so far. I'm liking these more than the PM Grind 2.0's also in play, and that is a total compliment to the RTX-4.

I love my 58 low also! Everything works differently for everyone but I feel people should have both mid and low options. Both wedges have been incredible from every lie for me!

Bounce is your friend people! I LOVE my full bounce option on my 58.....I feel like I can get up and down from anywhere

Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges

Another sweet outing with the RTX-4 today, the 50* and putter stole the show and tag teamed for four birdies

Here is the best shot of the day - played from 110-115 yards out plus uphill from over by the red stake in the wrong (photo right of cart path) fairway, near where the figure in green is. Awesome wedges.

29f6ef6cbb411ab8cf174dd64f270f32.jpg

Last edited:
First and second place heading into the weekend at the open isn’t too shabby

6ebf7258b36fdb40fd3738066f2e48fb.jpg

These wedges are so incredible. Glad to see them leading the Open right now.

These wedges are awesome. Glad to see they are performing on tour.

How does the RTX4 compare to the 588? I have a 588 56 Gun Metal that I'm looking to replace.

Back